B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 7th 09, 16:22   #921
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Re: Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Yeah, I liked the space doobie scene.
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th 09, 16:58   #922
Recoil
First One

"Dr Cottle won't mind" Hell, I'm surprised he didnt drop in there to take a hit off it with them. Cottle has always been a funny character to me. Throughout the whole series he has been the most consistent. His demeanor never changes. Hes always smoking a cigarette in his medlab. Freakin Cylons start hanging out in his medlab near the end and its just another thing for him. For some reason that amuses me.

I think GKE is right about the song being the key. They did say it was a map, so I'm sure there will be some tie-ins there. If the finale is indeed a 2 hour finale, then I feelt a LITTLE better. But I share the aprehension that everyone else has that we don't have a dialogue dump explaining a bunch of stuff as the clock ticks down.

I'm also tired of all the Adams breaking down/crying/drinking scenes.
Old March 7th 09, 17:25   #923
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
"Dr Cottle won't mind" Hell, I'm surprised he didnt drop in there to take a hit off it with them. Cottle has always been a funny character to me. Throughout the whole series he has been the most consistent. His demeanor never changes. Hes always smoking a cigarette in his medlab. Freakin Cylons start hanging out in his medlab near the end and its just another thing for him. For some reason that amuses me.
Cottle is hilarious. I think he was the only real comic relief for the series. Some of my favourie Cottle lines:

1. "How many of those did you take, young lady" ( to Roslin about her pills in Season 1)

2. Cottle lights up a cigarette.

Roslin: Would you mind?

Cottle: I do actually (doesn't put it out).

3. Tigh (reffering to Adama) Is he gonna make it?

Cottle: How should I know? I'm not a psychic. Now get the hell out of here.

4 Roslin: Doctor... I need your help. But it's illegal, dangerous and in violation of your oath as an officer.

Cottle: You're a lousy salesman.

Old March 7th 09, 17:44   #924
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Cottle is awesome. Thanks for sharing some tender Cottle moments.
Old March 7th 09, 18:16   #925
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
This was the "calm before the storm" episode. B5 had plenty of 'em, it was just that the whole thing was paced better so it played out stronger.
While this is true, and I agree with what you are saying to a point (and I also realizing comparing BSG to B5 is an exercise in futility) so far I have sort of been comparing the wrap up of BSG to B5....and its way missing the mark.

Yes, B5 had many "calm before the storm" episodes....but not near the end of the series.

Last night's episode would be the equivalent of "Wheel of Fire" in B5 (time wise) if the BSG Finale is a 2 hour finale. Basically, there are 2 episodes actual episodes of BSG left, but 3 hours of TV time, so equal to three B5 episodes, making last nights in the place of Wheel of Fire.

B5 started wrapping things up heavily starting with "Fall of Centuari Prime." While Wheel of Fire could be considered one of those calm before the storm episodes, and it sort of was, it also moved the story along and started closing out details for many of the characters in the show. Garibaldi's alchoholism is addressed. Lyta makes her deal with Garibaldi to remove his mental block of Bester and groundwork is laid for her characters fight against the Psi-Corp. GKar makes plans to leave with Lyta.

The next TWO episodes of B5 also continue to close out character arcs while dealing with small A-plots as well. B5 took a good 5 episodes to wind everything up and it was a show that ran 5 years. BSG ran 4 years so I really was expecting to see more closure than I have so far given where things are at. I guess thats why I am feeling there will be a lot crammed into the next 3 TV hours....or things will just get left dangling.
Old March 8th 09, 03:58   #926
GKarsEye
First One

Cottle's attitude is not uncommon amongst veteran doctors. I once briefly dated a nurse, when I was about 40-50 lbs heavier than I am now (and I'm still overweight) who, after I was talking about how I needed to lose weight, she was like "whatever, we all die, what's the difference." She knew exactly how everything kills you and rather than making her more cautious, she decided it's impossible to stop it, way too much is dependant on genetics and luck, and you might as well enjoy yourself. This would explain her smoking, drinking, and dating very large men I suppose.

Recoil, hard to disagree, but I gave up on this show ending in a good way a while ago anyway, so I'm working with very lowered expectations here.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 09, 07:46   #927
Recoil
First One

Yea I hate to say it, but mine are pretty low too. I know its not going to have this mind-blowing awesome ending. Its not going to have a great ending either. At this point, I'm hoping its "OK"
Old March 8th 09, 15:17   #928
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Sadly, I think I'm there as well. In my mind, they have yet to top "Exodus part 2" and that was back at the beginning of season 3. That was the shizzle.
Old March 8th 09, 23:39   #929
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

What happened in the last episode? I'm going to explain it the same way Hurley from "Lost" explained to his mother about the island:

First, Ellen said to the others about the Cylon colony, then Galactica began to fall apart, after Boomer's jump near the ship while stealing Hera, who cried a lot during the trip, so Boomer had to inject her with something, and meanwhile Helo asked Adama to give him a Raptor, but Adama was too busy making a decision whether to abandon the ship or not, so he talked to Roslin, who was listening to Baltar, who accidentially met Caprica Six and after that Kera came to him asking him for help, then he ran some tests and told everyone that Kera was not supposed to be alive.

So that's what happened. If you didn't understand anything, next time try watching B5.

Last edited by Truth_Seeker; March 8th 09 at 23:43.
Truth_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 09, 23:50   #930
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but .. when Sam starts talking jibberish, among the stuff he's blabbering, there's:

"There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza!"

Is there any meaning in this? Or am I just stupid for not having managed to blend out modern-day Earth pop culture on a Sci-Fi show?

Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote