B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 1st 09, 03:30   #881
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli
Re: Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
Well I'm not a writer, but it seems to me that if one isn't prepared to offer some sort of full explanation for the sciency stuff, at least within the context of the story, then yes, leave it out. I'm not looking for BSG to tell me why their stuff is scientifically plausible, just for some sort of internal consistency.
Same. I don't care about the science behind the Cylon test, but when you devote an entire season to "ZOMG, everyone could be a Cylon! We can't test it!", then suddenly have a test in one episode, and then suddenly can't test again in the next episode ..

.. well, it reminds makes me love B5 just that extra bit more. I don't care about bloopers and inconsistencies regarding technology by default. It's when they make a technology (or the lack of a technology) a major plot point that I start caring. I don't give a shit that the links on B5 were occasionally linked to a person's DNA and could not be transferred, and could easily be transferred in other episodes. I did feel cheated when the most undefeatable of undefeatable Borg suddenly could be blown up with single phaser shots on Star Trek.

Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 09, 03:39   #882
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Haven't seen any red spines because we haven't had any sex scenes where chicks are riding dudes (where their spine is in plain view,) or dudes totally going at it with women (shirtless and with their backs exposed.) I would know if I saw Anders w/o a shirt during sex. Oh trust me. I would know.
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 09, 03:41   #883
Alluveal
Psi Cop

The test appeared when Hera came along. Something about antibodies or such. I don't recall, but it was during the time when Hera's amniotic fluid cured the president for a time.

I don't think it was fleshed out enough, though.
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 09, 04:59   #884
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluveal View Post
The test appeared when Hera came along. Something about antibodies or such. I don't recall, but it was during the time when Hera's amniotic fluid cured the president for a time.

I don't think it was fleshed out enough, though.
Was it amniotic fluid? I don't remember that episode all that well, I guess, 'cause I thought it was just blood, and I've been sitting here for a long time wondering why they haven't tried using some more blood from Hera on Roslin now that her cancer returned. But even if it was the amniotic fluid, why didn't they save some of that magic to use again later for the utmost of otherwise incurable problems?

Probably just an instance of having to find a way to not kill a character that's supposed to be dying of cancer and then having to bring the cancer back out of having little else they could think of for Roslin to do other than be the president and have cancer. 'Cause really, what has Roslin been doing lately? Fuck, they should have made her a cylon. Have her die of cancer in the middle of the show with all of us thinking she was human only to come back to life as a cylon in the way that Ellen did. At least then maybe the writers would have her being important. As it is now she's just kind of sitting around waiting to die and Adama's sitting around waiting for Galactica to fall apart. What a way to shove the two leading characters of the show to the side!
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 09, 05:11   #885
snockit
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
As it is now she's just kind of sitting around waiting to die and Adama's sitting around waiting for Galactica to fall apart. What a way to shove the two leading characters of the show to the side!
lol ... best summary of what those characters are doing yet. Bravo.

I think what is most frustrating on all this, is that occasionally there are shades of layers story behind the characters, yet the execution is just ... a little rough. Especially when you include the events of the previous seasons.

Back to hiding on the forums.
snockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 09, 06:46   #886
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Their spines glow red when they have hot sex, but it's impossible to distinguish them from humans in a medical examination!
That ALWAYS irritated me. I'm kinda glad they dropped the whole spine-glow thing very early on. Hopefully they realized how dumb it was, how it went against what they were trying to do, and dropped it intentionally before it became too much of a thing.
Old March 1st 09, 09:07   #887
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

You do realise we already covered the whole spinal glow and cylon detection test about three pages ago... don't you?

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 09, 11:56   #888
Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
You do realise we already covered the whole spinal glow and cylon detection test about three pages ago... don't you?
Yes.

But it's still stupid.

Old March 1st 09, 12:10   #889
Chilli

Quote:
Probably just an instance of having to find a way to not kill a character that's supposed to be dying of cancer and then having to bring the cancer back out of having little else they could think of for Roslin to do other than be the president and have cancer. 'Cause really, what has Roslin been doing lately? Fuck, they should have made her a cylon. Have her die of cancer in the middle of the show with all of us thinking she was human only to come back to life as a cylon in the way that Ellen did. At least then maybe the writers would have her being important. As it is now she's just kind of sitting around waiting to die and Adama's sitting around waiting for Galactica to fall apart. What a way to shove the two leading characters of the show to the side!
This is so true, too. Initially decent characters on this show have, one by one, become so useless - first Baltar, then Starbuck and Apollo, then Roslin and Adama. Right now, only Ellen and Tigh still marginally interest me - they've killed everyone else that didn't suck.

Old March 1st 09, 13:47   #890
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

There's something I couldn't understand in the last episode. Why is Ellen waiting for Sam to wake up and explain to the others what's going on. Isn't she supposed to remember everything after her resurrection?