• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Centauri Society-Pluses And Minuses Of The Roman Empire In Space

Truth_Seeker

Regular
I've started this one because the Centauri society is as interesting to discuss as the Minbari.Maybe the better question here is are there any pluses about the way of life of the Centauri or they are a decaying monarchy and as Kosh said a "dying people"?

I've been thinking about a plus and finally I came to the conclusion that the Centauri have good..................................................cuisine;).Yes we've seen many humans eating Centauri food throughout the series therefore it's delicious.

Seriously speaking I liked the rules of the Centauri duel from "Knives"-the winner accepts the house of the one who lost the fight as a part of his own house.

Last edited:
The Centuri were the Ultimate party animals in the B5 universe, they struck me as being a bit like the old British Empire with a lot of Rome mixed in. I think in the B5 universe they were the closeset thing to Human culture. I

The Centuri were the Ultimate party animals in the B5 universe, they struck me as being a bit like the old British Empire with a lot of Rome mixed in. I think in the B5 universe they were the closeset thing to Human culture. I

A lot of Rome mixed in there. The British did not poison each other, nor did they party like that. The British Empire was into suits and ties rather than French empire style clothing.

When i said cultural similarity to the British Empire is say that they reminded me of certain aspects of the british Empire of the 18th century in terms of their style of Dress and certain aspects of socal decorium, which did not involve lethal consequences, No the Centauri were more like the Romans no question.

When I first watched B5 in 1994 my father used to say that Londo looks just like Napoleon.It seems we have a lot of cultures and empires involved in the creation of the Centauri.Try to find the differences;):

napgal_stance.jpg

309_054.jpg

Back