• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

May 1, 2005...

The Brian and Stewie moments were pretty hilarious, the Peter and Lois plot was okay, and the Geppetto moment? Was so very very wrong, yet hilarious.

I came in during the "Passion 2" trailer and saw the rest of it. It was fun. :D

Given that I know a nontrivial percentage of younger people avoid older movies like the plague (though that is less true among people on this message board) ...... Any guesses on how many people never actually recognized the extened North by Northwest riff?

I only heard a snippet of it (I was involved in an important conversation) but what I caught was the list of "great shows on Fox." Most amusing.

Yea the Geppetto cut-away scene was awesome. I also liked the Brian/Stewie meeting with the anchorman. When Brian says "upsidedown face" and Stewie slowly rolls his head in his direction, I lost it.

Any guesses on how many people never actually recognized the extened North by Northwest riff?

I noticed it. That movie is such a classic. That was the first thing that popped into my mind when it showed them on Mount Rushmore. Although Mel Gibson is no Martin Landau.

The Gepeddo thing was hilarious! It had some great moments. I am so glad this show is back.

I love how Peter rattled off all those shows that FOX picked up and cancelled. You think that was every show that's come and gone since it was initially cancelled?

I caught it. :p

And Sinclair, yes, EVERY show he mentioned was picked up by Fox, but is no longer airing. Thats why he said if they all go down the tubes they stand a chance of coming back. :p

You can hardly go wrong with Brian and Stewie.

There were tons of great Mel Gibson/Fundie jokes both blatant and slightly more subtle. My favorite, or I should say most memorable to me blatant one was the "Christians don't believe in gravity" while throwing in Nazi memorabilia in the list of Mel Gibson's things that are ok to steal would fit under the subtle category for this show.

I don't think they quite pulled off the GI Joe thing.

I noticed it. That movie is such a classic. That was the first thing that popped into my mind when it showed them on Mount Rushmore. Although Mel Gibson is no Martin Landau.
Started with the biplane attack on a desserted road. Continued with the house where Lois was being held. Finished on Mt. Rushmore. Basically, all of the scenes where they borrwed their music from the movie. ;)

It's been a few years since I've seen it. I've been meaning to pick up the DVD but just haven't done so yet. I didn't put two and two together until Mt. Rushmore.

The one thing that really sucked about this episode: no Quagmire!

I'm sure he's coming Sinclair. After watching all the reapeats, well, reapeatedly Quagmire has really made a run for my favorite character. "Yeah, it's Quagmire. It's stuck in a window this time."

How could you not? Even if you weren't looking at the screen, the soundtrack ought to jump out at you. I was actually waiting for one of them to say "This mall has everything." :D

Actually, the music was what first tipped me to the North by Northwest routine as well. I was loading or unloading the dishwasher (I forget which now), so I wasn't looking at the TV at that moment. I immediately recognized the music (I had relatively recently seen a fair chunk of North by Northwest on TCM, so there wasn't even that moment of "Where do I know that music from?"). That's what prompted me to look up and see the biplane.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back