• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Red Tails

KoshN

Super Moderator
I watched "Red Tails" and it was AWFUL. It was full of physics impossibilities (no G force effects), stupidity, historical inaccuracies, stereotypes and PC propaganda. The finishing touch was the P-51D (6 - 50 cal. machine guns, 437mph top speed) going head-to head (like in a game of chicken) with a ME-262 (4 - 30mm CANNON, 540mph top speed), a closing speed of close to 1000mph, and the P-51 pilot getting hit four times in the chest with 30mm cannon rounds, the P-51 NOT blowing up (30mm cannon shells explode on impact, but let's say they were all defective, didn't explode and only acted like four 30mm slugs.), living for several minutes, and saying that he didn't think he was going to make it. :rolleyes:

The lead German pilot was only lacking a waxed, handlebar moustache to twirl.

I am sooo sorry I bought this DVD. It's not even worth a Netflix rental.

Last edited:
I rented it through my PS3 a while ago... & I remember being glad I didn't buy it. The special effects were good, but yeah... there were a lot of things to have issues with.

I watched "Red Tails" and it was AWFUL. It was full of physics impossibilities (no G force effects), stupidity, historical inaccuracies, stereotypes and PC propaganda.

I'd just like to point out that *I* was not the person to say "PC" here. <G>

The fascinating thing for me about this movie (Which I saw in the theaters) is how George Lucas CLEARLY thought he made a brilliant film. You see him plugging it on talk shows and stuff, and he was saying things like "We made a movie about Black People, and THE MAN didn't want to distribute it."

Wow, he's out of it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back