B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 2nd 09, 21:43   #11
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I strongly believe they'll tie them into the Bank Holidays - Easter, late Summer, Christmas... it's how they do things here... and the Beeb will be counting on the Doctor as one of their ratings big guns at those crucial times.

The trailer is out, there's coverage in the official magazine... if the marketing is ratcheted up at this level, it would seem to indicate a more imminent release.
IMDB believes Planet of the Dead will air April 11
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd 09, 00:13   #12
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
IMDB believes Planet of the Dead will air April 11
Seems to be confirmed for the week of the 11th of April, if not the actual day

http://www.gallifreyone.com/cgi-bin/...tyle=feedstyle
Old April 3rd 09, 15:20   #13
GaribaldisHair
First One

Quote:
Seems to be confirmed for the week of the 11th of April, if not the actual day

http://www.gallifreyone.com/cgi-bin/...tyle=feedstyle
Nope ... the trailer confirms that it IS 11th April.

Cake or death?
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd 09, 15:24   #14
GaribaldisHair
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I strongly believe they'll tie them into the Bank Holidays - Easter, late Summer, Christmas... it's how they do things here... and the Beeb will be counting on the Doctor as one of their ratings big guns at those crucial times.
I really can't see them putting one out on the August Bank Holiday Monday ... loads of kids and families will still be away on holiday. I wouldn't have thought that it was particularly crucial time in terms of TV ratings either for that matter, but since I am always at Greenbelt and never watching TV that day anyway, I stand to be corrected on that one.

Cake or death?
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd 09, 16:12   #15
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaribaldisHair View Post
Nope ... the trailer confirms that it IS 11th April.
Yea, it was confirmed the weekend after that article, I found out after posting that. I actually was only able to watch the trailer, not listen to it, so, didn't get to hear the date, I was mostly helping Kribu who seemed to believe one wasn't even being shown at Easter.
Old April 3rd 09, 17:24   #16
Kribu
Administrator

Quote:
I was mostly helping Kribu who seemed to believe one wasn't even being shown at Easter.
Er, no. I meant the last three (i.e. the one single and the two-parter) were to be shown on/around Christmas/New Year, not this one. This one has been confirmed as Easter ages ago, so I didn't think there was ever any confusion here!
Old April 3rd 09, 17:44   #17
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kribu View Post
Er, no. I meant the last three (i.e. the one single and the two-parter) were to be shown on/around Christmas/New Year, not this one. This one has been confirmed as Easter ages ago, so I didn't think there was ever any confusion here!
OK, now, I'm confused, to my knowledge there's 4 specials total, that are 1 1/2 hours with commercials when played on American TV (roughly 1 hr of show). One aired Christmas 2008, 1 airing at Easter 2009, that leaves 2, no?
Old April 3rd 09, 18:07   #18
Kribu
Administrator

Not according to Wikipedia (and what I've read elsewhere). In other words, with the Easter one, there are three more specials indeed, but the last one is a two parter (2x60 minutes).
Old April 3rd 09, 18:20   #19
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kribu View Post
Not according to Wikipedia (and what I've read elsewhere). In other words, with the Easter one, there are three more specials indeed, but the last one is a two parter (2x60 minutes).
Ah, so 3 x 1 1/2 hours and 1 x 3 hours when shown on American TV with commercials, or 3 x 1 hr and 1 x 2 hours when shown with commercials? I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Now, we just have to hope that American SciFi channel doesn't take too long to give us these episodes, I figure they'll wait until all are done so they can get at least a month of programming out of it. They may wait until after Matt Smith's first season is done, though, so they get 16-18 weeks of programming, and that will be a bummer of a wait.
Old April 8th 09, 06:07   #20
Kribu
Administrator

Something about the possible airdate of the next special... i.e. the one after Planet of the Dead is here here (don't click if you don't want any spoilers for the last specials, including companions or possibly returning people).

Quote:
Despite previous reports suggesting otherwise, the second of this year's Doctor Who specials is to be broadcast in "November(ish)." This rather vague timeframe was announced today by Russell T Davies on the BBC One show, Breakfast.