• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tron Legacy (trailer up)

As I said on Facebook, it looks pretty lush... but I think the plot they are hinting at is not gonna be to my liking... it seems to clash with the philosophy of the original film's novelisation.

Heh. Total geekgasm. I'll probably see this at some point just for the sheer nostalgiac giggle factor.

I'll watch it... but I loved the plot to the original and while I don't doubt the plot will be solid, I fear this is going to skew some of the themes explored in the original.

Visuals look good though.

I like that they kept the basic look of it, even though it's considered 80s-cheesy today.

Also... Jeff Bridges + Scarecrow Sheridan. Yeah, I'm there.

Do you think Tron's programme has "gone bad" in this? After all he looks a bit surly and he's yellow in the trailer and after all... the bad programmes were red/yellow in the original (Flynn turned himself yellow but he is an exception because he is a User... akin to a god).

Back