• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

IT'S DEAD, JIM?

IT\'S DEAD, JIM?

No, I'm not talking Star Trek.

Poster Moira J. Bligh, who runs the Mira Furlan site "Zlatna.com" had this to say about TMOS.

>> To quote Mira Furlan at VisionCon in Missouri this past weekend, "It's dead".

She also added that (at least in the end) it wasn't being recast, which is how Mira was in a position to say that.

Still no comment from Joe, though.

Re: IT\'S DEAD, JIM?

I saw it mentioned.

It would probably deserve emphasis that Mira's comment was "as far as I know". For information regarding the whole picture, one *should* await comment from JMS -- since only he can be expected to hold a complete overview of what is happening.

Information has been known to be incomplete before.

I saw it mentioned on the mira-f list of Yahoo Groups.
To quote exactly what I read (posted by Moyra J. Bligh):

As far as she knows it's now dead.

That's not to say that jms isn't going to be trying to resurrect it,
but I wouldn't hold my breath.

NO, this just can't be true, not after all this waiting and the campaign and all. There's gotta be a mistake, PLEASE :(

I don't know the exact wording (and haven't asked).

But if exact wording matters... then I suspect we are grasping for the verbal equivalent of straws (and should really wait a bit longer, until something tangible floats our way).

If it's dead with no hope at all, I'm sure JMS would have posted something.

This, however, doesn't bode well...

It figures we pressured WB to put the original cast in the movie and they canceled it.Either because they didn't like the original cast or thought it wouldn't make enough money.Either way JMS's silence on the matter doesn't look good.The More silence and no talk it would seem to indicate that the news won't be good.

It would be ironic indeed if WB cancelled this due to the recasting campaign. In any case the concept that WB had ANY interest at all in seeing the original cast in a feature film is wrong.

The dvd sales obviously made them interested in exploiting the B5 universe but they wanted to exploit it on their own terms and the original cast was not on their wishlist it seems.

It figures we pressured WB to put the original cast in the movie and they canceled it.Either because they didn't like the original cast or thought it wouldn't make enough money.
Such a possibility certainly exists.

If Warner considers a project to undershoot their desired profit margin... who am I to convince them oppositely. Not an expert of any kind.

I trust they know... how to survey markets. Having informed them of my preferences... I trust them to make an informed choice. If they decide it doesn't pay off... nothing wrong. Future holds many more opportunities.

If the letter-writing campaign did in fact make Warner Bros. cancel the project, at least we can take some tiny shred of comfort in getting it through their thick skulls that they can't take the fans for granted; they can't screw over the show and expect us to keep watching like mindless idiots.

But I'll believe this when I hear from JMS, not before.

It figures we pressured WB to put the original cast in the movie and they canceled it.Either because they didn't like the original cast or thought it wouldn't make enough money.Either way JMS's silence on the matter doesn't look good.The More silence and no talk it would seem to indicate that the news won't be good.

If that is true, then I'm very proud to have been part of that campaign.

I do NOT want to see them do to JMS what they did to Rodenberry. I do NOT want to see B5 turn into a "Trek-like franchise" in anything other than profitability.

I'd be much happier with no B5 movie than a "hollywoodized" B5 movie.

And yes, who knows how good Mira's information is. Or how well the fan remembers them. Or what they might mean. So, we are back to waiting. Darn, and just as I asked Jan for a new date, too. :LOL:

Darn, and just as I asked Jan for a new date, too. :LOL:

Your date is safe until something official is heard. This hasn't changed anything as far as the Eep Game is concerned.

Jan
(posting under old name since I can't remember my password...:-( )

You mean you'll run the contest whether the eep is good or not?

Keep the watch, give me the original-casts movie! :LOL:

You mean you'll run the contest whether the eep is good or not?

Keep the watch, give me the original-casts movie! :LOL:

I just posted over on the newsgroup that nothing's over until there's official word. Still, I'm asking for input as to what people think I should do if the report is true.

Jan

I might be misremembering, but wasn't Moyra one of the folks who insisted that the recasting story was a myth? Was he the one who insisted that he had his own insider info suggesting that nothing like that was in the works?

Reading the rest of his posts in the aforementioned thread, it sounds sort of like he might be perpetuating that line. Does "It wasn't being recast - that's how Mira knows it's dead." mean "It was never going to be recast"?

But those of us who know that Joe, Jan, etc. are not idiots know that the recasting story was real. So doesn't that cast some doubt on this new info?

Was anyone else in the online fan community at this con that he's refering to? What's *their* version of what Mira said?

Edit: Actually, I don't know if Moyra is a he or a she. If the latter, change all of the pronouns in this post to the appropriate gender. ;)

Moyra's a she.

Her stance was that none of the original cast was in the movie at all.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back