• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: New B5LR trailer available for download

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">New B5LR trailer available for download</font>
<font size="3">IGN Sci-fi has the goods, offering a new glimpse at the telemovie</font>

There's a new 4.7mb Quicktime trailer available for download, thanks to IGN Sci-Fi. The trailer contains a lot of footage that we've seen in the recent SCI FI trailer, but does contain some new material and is presented in a different enough way to make the trailer well worth the download. In particular, the trailer shows the amazing special effects that GVFX has created.

You can visit the download page at the site by clicking here.

If you want to explore what IGN Sci-Fi has to offer in general, click here to visit the site's main index.

Thanks to Drakh for the tipoff!

It's really cool, and I really cannot wait till January!
laugh.gif
I'd say you should definately download the thing! It's worth the wait if any of you have any.
smile.gif

------------------
Oh, School and Mundanes Suck.

PK's UBB Board
Psi-Corps EZBoard

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Psi-Kid:
It's really cool, and I really cannot wait till January!
laugh.gif
I'd say you should definately download the thing! It's worth the wait if any of you have any.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
Hmm. Looks intersting.
What is that big ship taking off from the ground? Looks like clear EA design. POssibly a new class of warship built from the ground up to use ISA tech rather then have stuff just slaped on?
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris O'Farrel:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
Hmm. Looks intersting.
What is that big ship taking off from the ground? Looks like clear EA design. Possibly a new class of warship built from the ground up to use ISA tech rather then have stuff just slapped on?
</font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say it's a support vessel, based upon what we've seen in the latest trailer.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Ugh! I had to put up with so much advertising from that site. Seriously, I mean that is unfit for man or beast! The maker of that site really need so cut down on the ads.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

FWIW, that is the trailer that is currently running on SciFi. I just watched it tonight.

So, you could get it on Video instead of your computer if you wanted.
Bigger screen, if nothing else.
cool.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

I liked the way the Text in the middle of the trailer started out in Minbari and morphed to English.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Thanks for the tip and the link. Downloaded the trailer last night and finally saw it today - wow.
laugh.gif

Looks great. I couldn't help but notice that this trailer was way more action-orientated than the previous ones, but of course it's easier to make a catching 30 seconds with lots of action and battle scenes than with character stuff.

And it did have a sense of mystery about it, which was great.

I can't help but like the stuff I've seen so far. It looks good. It feels good.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
So, you could get it on Video instead of your computer if you wanted.
Bigger screen, if nothing else.
cool.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, I'd advise the US folks to do that if they manage to catch it on video - for the rest of us, the download will have to do. Besides, the quality didn't get that much worse when I enlarged the QuickTime window.

I'll have to take another look now... it goes by way too fast for those old eyes of mine!
blush.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Solaris - I suggest getting a firewall, Atguard is a very good one (free last time I checked)... you can block adverts and pop-ups with it.

On topic - I thought the trailer was amazing, simply astounding graphics for the budget I imagine they got. Kudos to GVFX, that pyramid scene was especially striking for what I gather is a short clip. I liked the music better in this one too, more grabbing while the other was more 'fun'.
smile.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

I don't care much for the software firewalls, when I move I'll just get myself a linux machine and set it up as a hardware firewall.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I don't care much for the software firewalls, when I move I'll just get myself a linux machine and set it up as a hardware firewall.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Linux or whatever, it'll still be a Software Firewall. It'll just be Running on its own hardware.
Hardware without Software just sits and does Nothing.
Unless you're using it to anchor your fishing boat.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

An active anchor or passive anchor?
wink.gif

One that simply sits or also catches some fish?
laugh.gif

As for the trailer, I was positively impressed by it. What I saw only increased my confidence that the movie will be a good and balanced one.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited December 01, 2001).]

And for those who aren't able to access Quick Time, you can also watch the trailer as streaming Windows Media on imdb.com

IMDB also has some pictures, although I belive we've seen the all elsewhere.

------------------
"When a spark goes online, there's great joy --
When one's extinguished, the universe weeps." (audio)
-- Rhinox, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

With my 56K modem it took about 21 minutes to download. It was well worth the wait and I got some work done while waiting.
smile.gif

After watching it through several times I went through it frame by frame and there are some amazing pictures there. Wouldn't you just love to see this movie on a big screen? The CGI looks first rate to me.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back