• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bruce Boxleitner sighting

Bruce did an amusing turn as a ex-TV cowboy star on Kelly Martin's Hallmark Channel Mystery Woman series. He'd brought his old cast together for a touring wild west show and possible feature film sequel, but an apparent stunt-gone-bad that turns out to be a murder makes all of them suspects. Watching it I was reminded of how many westerns Bruce really did, and also of the "music video" a German fan had put together years ago to the song "Should've been a Cowboy". (It was a whole series of clips from Bruce's westerns, framed by the scene where Sheridan explains his dream from "All Alone in the Night" to Delenn and Ivanova.) Anyway, the whole thing was cute and Bruce clearly had fun doing it.

Regards,

Joe

Best line:

Chief of police:
Someone deliberately tried to hurt you Mr. Lawson, maybe even kill you. Do you have any enemies?

Clint Lawson:
Time, arthritis and those damned reality shows.

:)

That sounss awfully cute :D

Can anyone please link me to that German music video?
I'd LOVE to see it.

Plus - and I really need you to answer that with all due honesty - are there any movies/shows participated fully (not just guest starred) by Bruce (movies especially) that are good and worth seeing, regardless to him being on it?

Thanks!

Bruce was fine in Gods & Generals but I think it failed as a Civil War historical film. Funny, I thought he was in Gettysburg- maybe my brain tricked me into falsely remembering that Bruce was in a Civil War flick I actually liked.

Can anyone please link me to that German music video?

The link I had stopped working some time ago, and either didn't allow you to download copies or I somehow didn't do so or lost the download in some long-ago disk crash. I'd love to get a copy myself, so I'm hoping someone else who reads this thread has one.

Regards,

Joe

Funny, I thought he was in Gettysburg

He should have been. Everytime I see "Sleeping in Light" I'm reminded of how much better a job Bruce would have done as Robert E. Lee than Martin Sheen did. (Sheen is a terrific actor, but never believable in anything that isn't approximately contemporary - basically within his own lifetime. WWII and the 50s work fine for him, but real costume work of any kind - SF, fantasy, historical - and he's visibly out of his depth. His Lee didn't resemble the man we know from history at all, and was an oddly weak figure at the center of the film. The many Civil War reenactors who served as extras in the film thought the same - although they uniformly loved Sheen as a person. They called hiim kind, modest, unassuming - the exact opposite of the typical Hollywood star. I think he was the only major actor on the shoot who ever sat down and ate lunch with the extras.)

And Bruce would have killed to get into the flick, too. He never even got an audition. (To be fair every actor in Hollywood who had the physical qualities needed wanted in on that film.) The first time he met Kat Slonaker of TNT Productions, who had worked on Gettysburg and was also doing the TNT B5 movies, he went into a mock snit and announced he would never speak to her since she hadn't gotten him a reading for Gettysburg.

Regards,

Joe

I haven't seen Gettysburg in a while, but the character of Lee was acted (and written?) as being "weak," maybe it's because it was about a battle that marked the beginning of his side losing, in a war that he probably didn't even want to fight. Tough to get that all in one movie.

My TiVo just picked up one of Bruce's movies called, Double Cross. According to the description, it's depicts the problems that arise when one woman jokingly suggests to her friend that they kill each others husbands! :LOL: Don't me ask me why I'm laughing...I'm just a little twisted, I guess. Anyway, it's scheduled to record it this Saturday at 9:30PM MT on Lifetime.

:LOL: The "bad man" channel??

I didn't see Melissa Gilbert in this one, but you're right, she has done a lot of Lifetime movies, hasn't she? :)

:LOL: The "bad man" channel??

Whenever I'm channel-surfing and I pass a movie wuth a drunken man in a plaid shirt chasing his wife up the stairs, I say "Lifetime". Note: This is usually just before she takes him out with a shotgun for beating her, sexually abusing their child, and cheating with the hot neighbor. :rolleyes:

Whenever I'm channel-surfing and I pass a movie wuth a drunken man in a plaid shirt chasing his wife up the stairs, I say "Lifetime". Note: This is usually just before she takes him out with a shotgun for beating her, sexually abusing their child, and cheating with the hot neighbor. :rolleyes:

:D They do seem to present things with a bit of a "slanted" view, don't they?

BTW, did anybody else watch Double Cross? Bruce played kind of a bad guy...mean to wife, I mean really mean, cold...heartless! I didn't see a plaid shirt, and he didn't chase her up the stairs and beat her, but he was MEAN to her! :LOL:And he did it so well!

I think that's a Melissa Gilbert movie. She's a frequent player on what I like to call "THE BAD MAN CHANNEL" (Lifetime).

My mother's watched many a movie on that channel. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back