• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Twelve New Pictures Are Up At Gallery!

KoshN

Super Moderator
See http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/gallery/

smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Yummie
laugh.gif
Thx for the heads up
smile.gif

/MW

------------------

Those are fantastic pictures. How do they get so many good-looking people on one ship, anyway?
laugh.gif

------------------
Channe, the next JMS
--
Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and one fine morning - so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
-f. scott fitzgerald

Yes, I know what you mean, channe! Dylan, Dean, Warren! Woo-hoo!!
laugh.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
"Medlab, this is Sinclair." -Bruce Boxleitner

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

Nice pictures. I do like the way they pop up in the large format.

That's the first time I've visited the SciFi website for B5LR. It's not bad.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

It's a well-designed website, easy to navigate and attractive (at least on my browser, at least).

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

My main problem with SciFi's site are the popups (no, not the pictures
laugh.gif
but the ads). There are just too many of them.

I've blocked pretty much all of them at home but not at work and they're very annoying.

Other than that, their Rangers site looks nice and clean. I'm guessing that there will be more content as well, the closer we get to the airdate.

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

How do you block pop-up ads, anyway?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Don't know about the other browsers but you can do at least a bit in IE. Go to the security settings (Tools -> Internet Options -> Security) and see what you can do...

I've disabled some of the ActiveX controls for example (which many pop-up ads seem to use). And I've manually added a lot of the pop-up ad sites to the restricted sites list (the first part of their address, like ads.admonitor.net or whatever it happens to be) - that seems to have helped as well.

I think I only get a tenth or so of the pop-ups at home, compared to that at work.
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Don't know about the other browsers but you can do at least a bit in IE. Go to the security settings (Tools -> Internet Options -> Security) and see what you can do...

I've disabled some of the ActiveX controls for example (which many pop-up ads seem to use). And I've manually added a lot of the pop-up ad sites to the restricted sites list (the first part of their address, like ads.admonitor.net or whatever it happens to be) - that seems to have helped as well.

I think I only get a tenth or so of the pop-ups at home, compared to that at work.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I may wait until we are between semesters. I'd hate to mess with my security settings and find myself unable to gt into my own online class, or to report grades or something. But I'll play with it in December. Thanks, Kribu!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

No problem.
smile.gif

And I know what you mean. I was a bit wary about messing with the settings as well at first. I'd rather take the careful approach... So I reviewed the list and tried to figure out for every feature whether I need that (like "do I need to automatically download unsigned ActiveX controls?") or not.

The restricted sites list works well, though. And it doesn't just block the pop-ups but the cookies from those ad sites as well.
smile.gif

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

For getting rid of Popup ads, you can try downloading Proxomitron from:
http://www.computerstuff.net/prox/index.html

It's Free.

What is does is selectively modify the first script that comes to your browser which is the place where the code that tells it to download the popup ads resides. You set up a series of "filters" and Proxomitron changes the the script to convert anything you have "excluded" to a Comment.

It allows you to turn off Active Server Pages, cookies and all sorts of things that people find objectionable.

The good part is that it does it Outside your browser so you don't risk messing up your settings.
Proxomitron itself resides 100% in a single directory, so, if you decide you Don't like it, you can just delete it and not worry about messing up anything else. Same applies to installing it. since it all goes in One Place, you can be sure it won't "overwrite" some exotic part of Windoze.

There is ONE thing that needs to be set up in your browser. Proxomitron is what is known as a Proxy Server. There is a setting in Netscrape Preferences Advanced Proxies where you set a Yes/No and the name of the directory where Proxomitron resides.

After you set it the first time, you can turn the Yes/No flag on and off and teh browser will still remember where Proxomitron resides when it isn't being used.

It's the sort of thing that you have to try out for suitability.

Some web sites are set up so that they just don't Work when you use a proxy server to filter out the ads or the cookies.

B5LR, for instance, needs the cookies and Java turned On.
Since many of the Ads are Java based, turning Java off is one of the ways you can filter out the ads.
This doesn't work too well if parts of the site you Want also need Java.
tongue.gif
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

My cookie settings are selective... i.e. I can choose which sites' cookies to accept and which not. All those that I've added to restricted sites are blocked.

I can still see the banner ads, of course, but this also blocks the cookies from them - here on B5LR.com as well, for example. But it doesn't block the site's own cookie so I still get my user name & password filled in.
laugh.gif

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

The cast photos look great
smile.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

One thing I have noticed in the various photos.

Either somone is flopping them over (ie, mirror images) or they are inconsistent in which side the Ranger Badge is worn on.

------------------

Bakana, I'm naming you the Official B5LR.com nitpicker...

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

Channe, I wasn't nit picking.

I was just wondering why, in an organization as Ritual bound as the Rangers, the badge moves from side to side.
Particularly since it was a Minbari Ranger I first noticed it on.
One of the hallmarks of the Minbari character is that they are Very attached to their rituals.

So, did someone mess up, or is there going to be some Reason why those badges move from side to side at different times?

------------------

It's probably someone who pulled a 180 degree switcharoo on Photoshop while they were editing the publicity photos.

------------------
-Aeschylus

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back