• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

THANK THE VAMPIRES

OOPS! I really missed up that post! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

My apologies...will try fix... :)

Hathor

What I fear is that the end of Buffy will mean another worthless and stupid reality show will appear.

God forbid! :eek: What is it with the way of TV these days? Reality TV shows pop up like festering sores all over the place. Dumbass drama/action series. Too many to mention, keep going and going and going. But shows that are fun and unique, like Crusade and the way too short lived American Gothic, Brimstone get axed after just one season :confused: :mad: Hell, Crusade didn't even get a full season! It's not right. There just isn't that many great TV shows out there these days, and with Buffy's days numbered, there will be even less. :(

Ok, rant over... :D

Hathor

Hathor

You can fix it. You have the technology. All you have is unbalanced sets of
"quote" and "/quote" ...possibly with some of the square brackets [ ] being braces { }.

Hathor

"quote" and "/quote" ...possibly with some of the square brackets [ ] being braces { }.

Aha...I'm a little slow on the learning how the quote thing works. Thanks for the heads up KoshN.I do have the technology, I just unfortunately can't take a hammer to it. :devil: Hathor

Hathor

Aha...I'm a little slow on the learning how the quote thing works. Thanks for the heads up KoshN.I do have the technology, I just unfortunately can't take a hammer to it. :devil: Hathor

Well, you can take a hammer to it. It just won't be very effective. :LOL:

Go into edit. Copy your code, and send it to me in a PM. ;) I'll PM you back with it fixed.

Going offline for a couple hours. I'll check in later tonight.

What I fear is that the end of Buffy will mean another worthless and stupid reality show will appear.

Well, UPN has only two dramas scheduled for the fall. Enterprise and some other show.

*sigh* At least there's still Angel.

Well, UPN has only two dramas scheduled for the fall. Enterprise and some other show.

*sigh* At least there's still Angel.

It's not on UPN but Eliza Dushku has her new show coming on this Fall.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=newswire&id=5958
TRU CALLING: What would you do if you could relive a day? If you're TRU DAVIES (ELIZA DUSHKU :D , "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), you'd save lives. Tru is a smart, sexy recent college graduate who – when her high-powered medical internship falls through – finds herself working the midnight shift at the New York City morgue. One night, Tru questions reality when she thinks she hears a beautiful murder victim asking for her help. But the next morning, our heroine wakes up to find that she is back at the beginning of that very same day – twelve hours before a murder that only she knows about is set to take place. With the clock ticking, Tru is compelled to traverse the city of New York over those next twelve hours to prevent this wrongful death, while at the same time rescuing members of her own family from their dangerous and self-destructive lives. Directed by renowned filmmaker PHILLIP NOYCE ("The Quiet American"), TRU CALLING combines the sexiness and speed of "Alias" with the procedural crime format of "CSI." TRU CALLING is from 20th Century Fox Television and Original Television and comes from executive producer/writer JON FELDMAN ("American Dreams," "Roswell," "Dawson's Creek").

-- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox Television and Original Television

-- Executive Producers: Marty Adelstein, Neal Moritz, Dawn Parouse

-- Executive Producer/Writer: Jon Feldman

-- Director: Phillip Noyce

-- Cast: Eliza Dushku as Tru Davies, Shawn Reaves as Harrison, Jessica Collins as Meredith, A.J. Cook as Lindsay, Heath Freeman as Cameron, Zach Galifianakis as Davis

Main "Up Front" page:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?choice=4&action=vote

There's also Teri Polo's new show:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=newswire&id=5948
"I'm with Her" (working title -- half-hour comedy, Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m., ET) -- Writer Chris Henchy's real life marriage to Brooke Shields is the inspiration for this fresh romantic comedy: He's an average guy living with a woman who can't even pick up their dry cleaning without being asked for an autograph! Which means he's got plenty of funny stories to bring to this series about a high school teacher who falls for a movie star.

On the day that would change his life, delightful young everyman Patrick Owen is drinking his mid-morning latte when he's bitten by love. Literally. The gnashing jaws belong to Monroe, the easily-excited puppy of movie star Alexandra Young. When she tries to apologize ‚ and when Patrick recognizes her famous face ‚ he's awestruck, dumbstruck, and so very charming.

Alex sets her sights on Patrick, but he's unprepared for the add-ons that come with this little flirtation. His anonymity and privacy go up in the flash of a hundred paparazzi cameras. And he's an overnight sensation with his young male students, for reasons that have nothing to do with his brilliant classroom banter. All of which makes him wonder if it's possible to find true love in the hot spotlight of the media.

From the producers of "Smallville" comes a unique look at a guy dating out of his league. Way out of his league. This comedy proves nice guys don't always finish last. Sometimes they go the distance.

Cast:

-- David Sutcliffe: Patrick

-- Teri Polo ("Meet the Parents," Brimstone :D ): Alex

-- Danny Comden: Stevie

-- Rhea Seehorn: Cheri

-- Credits:

-- Executive Producers/ Writers: Chris Henchy, Marco Pennette

-- Executive Producers: Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola

-- Production Companies: Tollin-Robbins Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television

Well, you can take a hammer to it. It just won't be very effective. :LOL:

Go into edit. Copy your code, and send it to me in a PM. ;) I'll PM you back with it fixed.

Going offline for a couple hours. I'll check in later tonight.

Ok, many thanks to you! Hmmm....just gotta find PM first. Never used it before. Hope to catch you online once I have :)

Hathor

But shows that are fun and unique, like Crusade and the way too short lived American Gothic, Brimstone get axed after just one season

A fellow American Gothic fan, eh? There never was a sexier sheriff than Lucas Buck ;)

Here in the UK, Sky is showing it again, starting next week! I may already have it on tape, but they're getting a bit grungy through overuse, so time to tape the series again :D

But shows that are fun and unique, like Crusade and the way too short lived American Gothic, Brimstone get axed after just one season

A fellow American Gothic fan, eh? There never was a sexier sheriff than Lucas Buck ;)

Here in the UK, Sky is showing it again, starting next week! I may already have it on tape, but they're getting a bit grungy through overuse, so time to tape the series again :D

Oh yes, I loved American Gothic! Lucas Buck to this date is my ultimate number one favorite bad guy. Talk about oozing sex appeal. You could have easily hated that character, if not for Gary Cole's performance of him. Due to the humor and charming nature of the Sheriff, he is irresistable! :D. I go weak every time he's on the screen! The show was just fantastic and it was such a shame when it was cancelled. I may have actually gone into mourning :(

I am just happy that it lives on in re-runs! And that I have it on tape! :LOL: Like you, they are getting a little worn, from too much watching over the years! Certain episodes especially are worse for wear! :D

I live in hope that one day the show will be released on DVD!

Hathor

[I am just happy that it lives on in re-runs! And that I have it on tape! :LOL: Like you, they are getting a little worn, from too much watching over the years! Certain episodes especially are worse for wear! :D

Hmm, let me guess. Inhumanitas? Plague Sower? Learning To Crawl? After the latter, I'll never look at a tuna sandwich in the same way again :eek:

Not much hope as yet, but for what it's worth (not much!) here's the petition site
American Gothic DVD petition

[I am just happy that it lives on in re-runs! And that I have it on tape! :LOL: Like you, they are getting a little worn, from too much watching over the years! Certain episodes especially are worse for wear! :D

Hmm, let me guess. Inhumanitas? Plague Sower? Learning To Crawl? After the latter, I'll never look at a tuna sandwich in the same way again :eek:

:LOL: That was an incredible moment, I will agree with you there! As for my favorite episodes. You got two there. Inhumanitus without a doubt my favorite. My blood pressure rises whenever I think about that kitchen scene! :D Also liked the episode, not just cause Lucas was to die for in it, but because you also get to see the more 'human' (even if he claims not to be human ;) ) side of him when he displays genuine fear. Plague Sower, without a doubt the scene in the garden. "No heart, no soul". Be still my rapidly beating heart. :D. Other favorites are Dead to the World ('You're under arrest') WHOA! And also love Ring of Fire...Lucas outside Gails bedroom door. Now, I ask you. What woman in her right mind would keep the door locked with him standing out side ??? Not me, that is for sure!And yes Learning to Crawl is a magnificent episode. Lucas at his devilish best!

Hell I could go on for ever about American Gothic. :D But I'll stop now.

Not much hope as yet, but for what it's worth (not much!) here's the petition site
American Gothic DVD petition

[/quote]

It's worth a shot! Thanx

Hathor

Dead to the World ('You're under arrest') WHOA!
And the smile he gives Holly when he gives her the rose <drool>
And also love Ring of Fire...Lucas outside Gails bedroom door. Now, I ask you. What woman in her right mind would keep the door locked with him standing out side ??? Not me, that is for sure!

Me neither, but Gail generally annoys me and there is too much of her in that episode. The poor continuity with the sheriff's hair also irritates. The scenes they reshot much later stand out too obviously.

Having said that, the sheriff in his Armani black velvet vest (which just happens to be hanging on a door in my spare bedroom, along with one of the long, blus duster coats he wore :D) telling Gail that he didn't want her soul sends shivers down my spine <more drool>

And I love the "watch your step" scene from Inhumanitas, too :D

And the smile he gives Holly when he gives her the rose <drool>

Oh god, yes! He looks so incredible in that episode! I also loved the scene in the car, when he tells Gail he's a romantic too! Wicked bastard! :D

Me neither, but Gail generally annoys me and there is too much of her in that episode. The poor continuity with the sheriff's hair also irritates. The scenes they reshot much later stand out too obviously.

Not a Gail fan eh? ;) She was rather annoying. I never found the actresses performance that strong. Kind of washed out if you asked me. Compared to the performances by Gary Cole and Brenda Bakke, which just lit up the screen!

Oh yes and agree with you on continuity. The show did have a few hiccups in that department. :LOL:

Having said that, the sheriff in his Armani black velvet vest (which just happens to be hanging on a door in my spare bedroom, along with one of the long, blus duster coats he wore :D) telling Gail that he didn't want her soul sends shivers down my spine <more drool>

You have some of the wardrobe? You lucky, lucky lady! I'm not envious...really :mad: :D ;)

And I love the "watch your step" scene from Inhumanitas, too :D

Just after he is spread across the hood of the car. The man looks good in tight jeans ;)

Hathor

You have some of the wardrobe? You lucky, lucky lady! I'm not envious...really :mad: :D ;)
:LOL: Yes, apart from the items mentioned, I have two of Lucas' silk shirts and two other vests

Just after he is spread across the hood of the car. The man looks good in tight jeans ;)

Damn right he does ;)

I've just remembered another favourite. Strong Arm of the Law. "Just hang on..."

Deliciously evil bastard <whimper>

:LOL: Yes, apart from the items mentioned, I have two of Lucas' silk shirts and two other vests

Incredible! How on earth did you get these things??? :eek: Well, at least you didn't say you had a pair of his jeans. That would have been too much for me to bare! :)

I've just remembered another favourite. Strong Arm of the Law. "Just hang on..."

Deliciously evil bastard <whimper>

Whoo, yes! Wicked. Oh and in the hospital "Hi Lowell, need a lozenge?". Priceless! And at the road block. "A wrist for a rib." How can someone that evil be so damn attractive???

My Mama always warned me about bad boys. Do you think I listen? :rolleyes: :LOL: I'm drawn to them like a moth to a flame. You name a TV bad boy, and I've probably loved them :D Not that I turn my nose up at good boys either... ;)

Hathor

Incredible! How on earth did you get these things??? :eek:
Patience :D I wasn't around for the grand prop auction that took place in 1998/99 I think, but I've been around on AG message forums when people who DID buy things then have decided to dispose of them.
Well, at least you didn't say you had a pair of his jeans. That would have been too much for me to bare! :)
Please don't say the word 'bare' and Lucas' jeans in the same paragraph! I'll have heart failure. Have you seen Kiss The Sky? :eek:

My Mama always warned me about bad boys. Do you think I listen? :rolleyes: :LOL: I'm drawn to them like a moth to a flame. You name a TV bad boy, and I've probably loved them :D Not that I turn my nose up at good boys either... ;)
:LOL: Me neither. I love Gideon, too, but at least he's not too good :devil:

Incredible! How on earth did you get these things??? :eek:

Patience :D I wasn't around for the grand prop auction that took place in 1998/99 I think, but I've been around on AG message forums when people who DID buy things then have decided to dispose of them.

Lucky you! :)

Well, at least you didn't say you had a pair of his jeans. That would have been too much for me to bare! :)

Please don't say the word 'bare' and Lucas' jeans in the same paragraph! I'll have heart failure. Have you seen Kiss The Sky? :eek:

:LOL: Sorry about that ;) And no, I haven't seen Kiss the Sky. I'm thinking from our conversation, it's one I should probably see?

No, he's not. Just a pity that we never got to see more Crusade. I think we would have seen him become more of a bad boy, as he got more corrupted by the A-Box.

Hathor

:LOL: Sorry about that ;) And no, I haven't seen Kiss the Sky. I'm thinking from our conversation, it's one I should probably see?

Oh yes! If you go here you'll get a taste of why <drool>

No, he's not. Just a pity that we never got to see more Crusade. I think we would have seen him become more of a bad boy, as he got more corrupted by the A-Box.

I read an interview with Gary Cole where he was asked if Mike Brady was a 1 and Lucas Buck was a 10, where would Gideon fit on the scale? The response was around a 6, but maybe 7 or 8 on a bad day <whimper>

Oh yes! If you go here you'll get a taste of why <drool>

Holy sweet Mama! Next time please warn me! I think my hormone level just spiked dangerously! Hot damn! :eek:

[No, he's not. Just a pity that we never got to see more Crusade. I think we would have seen him become more of a bad boy, as he got more corrupted by the A-Box.

I read an interview with Gary Cole where he was asked if Mike Brady was a 1 and Lucas Buck was a 10, where would Gideon fit on the scale? The response was around a 6, but maybe 7 or 8 on a bad day <whimper>

Oh yeah, I could believe that! There was already something dark brewing in the Captain in what we got to see. Hell, a man who would keep something like an A-Box is bordering on the dark side already!

Was it just me, but the episode with that Jones character. The way Gideon deals with him. Was he not very Lucas Buck like at that moment? I will admit that is when I really started to like him and see his potential ;)

Hathor

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back