• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Where's Lyta?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Where\'s Lyta?

Ok...I'm really excited about the whole G'kar thing happening in B5LR, but what about LYTA?? Didn't they leave together in the last season or so of B5???

Surely Patricia won't pass up the opportunity to play Lyta again? I don't know about you, but I know many people who are dying to know what happened when they left!

Does anyone know if she's going to come back? Thanks...

BB5gal

------------------
"I'm a telepath...figure it out!" (Bester)

Re: Where\'s Lyta?

I think this has been covered somewhere here before, but I'll leave some spoilerspace, just in case someone doesn't want to know...

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

According to jms, poor Lyta is dead by the time of B5LR. She's supposed to have died during/in the Telepath War, i.e. some time just before the Rangers movie.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that Lyta won't be at least talked about... and as for seeing her again, if the Telepath War ever makes it to either the big or the small screen (as some people here guess), I'd imagine that would be pretty hard to do without Lyta.

I still think that it would be an excellent idea to do a whole series just about G'Kar and Lyta's travels... but then, I would say that, wouldn't I? One can always wish...
laugh.gif

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bb5gal:
Surely Patricia won't pass up the opportunity to play Lyta again?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>She did so in Crusade.

Maybe G'Kar can have a flashback of a time with Lyta when he saw/did something that will be dealt with in this series.

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamGadsby:
Maybe G'Kar can have a flashback of a time with Lyta when he saw/did something that will be dealt with in this series.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Provided there is a series and provided G'Kar's in the series (which seems to be doubted
frown.gif
).
Otherwise this would be a grand idea.
smile.gif

------------------

Regular bundle of sunshine, aren't you?

What I meant was...again! I (as well as a lot of people) can't get enough of her!!!
smile.gif

What can I say? She rocks!

------------------
"I'm a telepath...figure it out!" (Bester)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bb5gal:
Regular bundle of sunshine, aren't you?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who, me? Yep, Sunshine is my middle name.
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Lyta again (as I said, I wouldn't want anything more than a series of her & G'Kar's travels...), but it just doesn't seem too likely, not in this Rangers thing anyway.

Flashbacks are always a possibility, of course, but it seems that there won't be any in this particular TV-movie.
frown.gif

Let's just hope that the Telepath War makes it to our screens some day... with Lyta, of course.
smile.gif

Edit note: I see now that you may have referred to Drakh in your reply (funny how one sees things partially when one is about to fall asleep). Still, I stand by my assertion about Sunshine being my middle name, too.
tongue.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited May 21, 2001).]

I thought I heard somewhere that, according to The Babylon File (which I have not read), Pat Tallman was miffed at JMS and/or the B5 production people, and that this is why she didn't appear in "The Path of Sorrows". I bring this up not to start unsubstantiated rumors, but to hear from someone who has read The Babylon File to tell me if this is true or not.

------------------

As I recall, they wouldn't offer Pat the money she wanted for the appearance. She wanted what everybody else got, even though her role would be somewhat smaller. Considering the role wasn't that big, it may have just been her greed that made her say no.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

-"Matters of Honor"

I've read that the entire thing was something of a misunderstanding:

The offer relayed to Pat through her agents was for an "episode guest star" role. This is usually a fairly lengthy role that takes the full six to eight day shooting "week" to film. Crusade was under intense budget pressure at that point, and JMS had written Lyta's appearance in such a way that the total screen time would be minimal, and the entire part could be shot in one day. (Similarly Lennier was to have appeared in that episode, but would only be seen for a few seconds, from behind. We would only know it was Lennier because Lyta was going to say his name. That way they could establish that Lennier was present without having to hire Bill Mumy for 30 seconds of finished film.)

The amount of money offered for the one day's shooting was approximately 1/6th what Pat had been paid on B5 - which makes sense, since it was for one day's work. She was already somewhat miffed about the way things had gone in S5 (largely, I gather, because she is one of those who assumed JMS could be talked out of his "five years, that's it" rule, and felt somehow betrayed when he actually kept his word.) So she took the salary offer as a personal insult (assuming that it was for a whole week) and had her agent tell Warner Bros. she wasn't interested.

Apparently neither side found out what the other had really meant or was really thinking until much later. I have no idea if things have been smoothed over between JMS and Pat Tallman since.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

There is a very Brief reference to Lyta's death in "The Fate of Bester" that implies that she got shot during one of the battles during the Telepath war. Perhaps by Bester, perhaps Bester just witnessed it, but it didn't really say. Since the book didn't really deal with the Telepath war, JMS may not have given out any details beyond the fact that she was dead.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back