• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Will the real Myriam Sirois please stand up?

drakh

Regular
[ I know this isn't directly Rangers related, but I figure discussions relating the cast should be ok until we have new info to discuss, and the forum really needs a lighter topic. ]

While snooping around the net for interesting tidbits (dirt
laugh.gif
) on our various cast members, a web site for what looks like a French-Canadian soap gave a hit on Myriam Sirois.

Oh, goodie, I thought... An acting credit that's slipped away because it wasn't in English. Especially promising were the online episode promos. So, I run a few of the episode summaries through a translator (since my French is roughly non-existent), and start to read looking for references to Myriam...

Then it hits me...

It's not an actress that's named Myriam Sirois - it's a character! Sure enough, a trip to the IMDB confirms it. Weird.

(The site in question was tva-tribu.com, though the page that gave the hit appears to no longer be available.)

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert

drakh@spamcop.net

That's not really surprising, Myriam is a very popular and common first name for french canadian, and Sirois is even more frequent as a family name. I would be surprise if Myriam doesn't have any close family link from Quebec.
laugh.gif

- Garibaldi's Hairs (from quebec, o'course)

------------------
---------------------------------
When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"
- Londo

So, perhaps Myriam should change her name to something less common, like Mary Smith.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

We need a glyph for Grin, Duck and Run.
shocked.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Yeah, I found that character when poking around when they site was created.
smile.gif

------------------
"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -- Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hair-gel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away." -- Spike, as Angel, in Angel

Back