• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 - Season 6 [spoilers]

Oh. My. God. So. Much. Suck.

I cannot believe it.

I like Ricky Schroeder's line: "Damn, Jack."

You'd think Jack would get 30 seconds of rest before the Chinese call up.
Of course we all saw the Chinese angle coming. Their apprehension of Audrey is the only reason they let go of Jack in the first place. They give away Jack in exchange for US information and give away Audrey in exchange for Jack. In the end, the hope to have their fortune cookie and eat it too. The only question is: Will Jack single-handedly kill China?

I like Ricky Schroeder's line: "Damn, Jack."

Agreed. That was the one great line so far this season.

I also think it's amusing that "Ricky Stratton" is a CTU agent, and Jack Bauer's heir apparent this season.

And yea, I think we all saw the Chinese angle coming again, to hopefully bring closure to that open thread. I'm glad they ended the nuclear bomb thing. I was getting really tired of "Marwon II: The Next Great Escape Artist"

The wonderful duality between verbs and nouns most definitely is one of the English language's strong points, yes :D

Agreed. That was the one great line so far this season.

I also think it's amusing that "Ricky Stratton" is a CTU agent, and Jack Bauer's heir apparent this season.

And yea, I think we all saw the Chinese angle coming again, to hopefully bring closure to that open thread. I'm glad they ended the nuclear bomb thing. I was getting really tired of "Marwon II: The Next Great Escape Artist"

When Jack charged in there and started going toe to toe with the terrorists, I realized we had reached the big Viktor Drazen finale" once more, which only seems appropriate since we do have open threads - not only the China angle, but Jack's father as well, if they decide to return to it this season.

Is it me, or is the Vice President the single most clichee crap character in the history of fiction, ever?

I thought Pres Wayne Palmers "passing out" on the Pressbox was the lamest bit of acting I've ever seen. I actually laughed out loud.

That little "Arg!" sound he made as he fell to the floor was a riot. Hell he didn't just fall and slump over, its like he dove to the floor. Sooooo poorly done.

Argh!! They fired my last remaining reason to watch this damn show!!

*throws a temper tantrum*

Although I assume Bill will be back for more heart-breaking political drama, or perhaps family drama.

An acute bout of insomnia gave me the chance to catch up on 24 ... woaw, office drama overdose time? :p

And the ranks of Magic Marwan and the Fabulous Fayed are joined by .. the Callenging Cheng? My god, CTU is crap with keeping detainees.

And finally I can give up on this show without feeling like I'm abandoning something "in the middle" of something.

Anyone still in next year? If so, please inform me in case it doesn't totally suck, through some miracle.

The two hour finale did NOTHING for me, just like this entire season.

I love how it somehow took those F-18s 30min to reach an oil platform 6 miles off the coast of Los Angeles. Yea...Right..... In reality, it would have been about 3 minutes and that platform was done.

And the whole ending with Jack and Audrey....was a big who cares. Seriously, worst ending of all 6 seasons. It seemed like such a non-event...

I love how it somehow took those F-18s 30min to reach an oil platform 6 miles off the coast of Los Angeles. Yea...Right..... In reality, it would have been about 3 minutes and that platform was done.

The whole time factor was SO stupid in this one. They show us the radar scan of the planes looking about a hundred metres off the platform .. and they need several minutes to blow it?? Yeah, right.

In general, the last two episodes were .. fitting of the season. The only cool thing was Bill going somewhat bad-ass, I guess.

Milo's brother? WTF?

Yea I felt nothing when the finale ended...it was just "blah"

The Milo's brother thing I didn't get. I thought he was going to end up doing something nasty...turns out he just left I guess. Pretty lame.

The whole time factor was SO stupid in this one. They show us the radar scan of the planes looking about a hundred metres off the platform .. and they need several minutes to blow it?? Yeah, right.

Not to mention, they might have been inclined to shoot down any helicopter leaving the scene, but apparently, they never ever saw it.

Yeah, I agree. Very lame ending. I heard that next season the show will be shown elsewhere with basically a whole new cast and a completely different setting. I might have even read that in this thread but I really don't feel like going back and looking.

They should have done that for Season 5 when they had the "Jack Bauer declared dead" ending at the end of Season 4. But sure enough, when Season 5 started, 2 episodes into it, Jack was back at CTU and "Uh oh! There are terrorists about in Los Angeles!" and it was the same old shit.

Back