• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Upgrade complete!

Are we really going to be using the yellow dialogue bubble icon
icon1.png
like it's showing up right now because oww! my eyes are being fused by the brightness!

They are what we had on the old site on the same color scheme.

yeah I thought that too when some of Michael Ballack's hotness went. I'll up it to 100 by 100

Hey Antony,

You upped it to 100x100 but the KB limit is still set at 10 KB. Even at a JPG-0 (worst quality), at 100x100 I can only get it down to 13 KB (partly because I sharpened it).

Last edited:
They are what we had on the old site on the same color scheme.

I know, but for some reason they look brighter and harder to look at. I can't even tell that they're dialogue bubbles now. It's just a white rectangle with a bright yellow blob in it.

Geeze, now you sound like Markas! :rolleyes:

Why thank you. :)

I know, but for some reason they look brighter and harder to look at. I can't even tell that they're dialogue bubbles now. It's just a white rectangle with a bright yellow blob in it.

What browser are you using? I've employed PNGs with alph transparency, which IE has finally got its finger out to support. But if you have an old IE you'll have issues.

I tried making my penguin bigger and it tells me I've exceeded the size limit. The biggest I can make it is only 80x80. :(

You're on Windows yeah? You need to run Windows updates or you leave your computer vulnerable to attack. If you don't have enough bandwidth to keep your system up to date, you need to change ISP.

I do run Windows updates automatically even (with prompting), but for some reason the past several times it starts and then automatically stops and disappears and never starts back up again.

And the bandwidth problem is NOT an issue with my ISP, it's an issue with my telephone line provider. While it must not technically be a monopoly, it effectively is. The ONLY company that provides telephone infrastructure in my area is Verizon. Before Hurricane Isabel hit a couple years back, I had twice the bandwidth that I have now. But the hurricane flooded our old phoneline, and only after months of yelling at Verizon over our not having a working phoneline did they finally get their asses around to replacing it, and when they did they connected the new line to a different mainline than the old. The new line has a limit on the bandwidth that it'll let people using dialup modems have. My MAXIMUM bandwidth is 28.8 kpbs. Complaining to Verizon about it prompted them to more or less just say: Tough. Pretty much as long as we get the bare minimum of service, they don't give a flying fuck. There is only one other internet option where I live, and that's satellite, which I cannot afford, let alone am able to have the necessary wiring installed in my home. There is no cable, no DSL, no any other infrastructure where I live. It's either slower than normal dialup thanks to Verizon's limit placed on the phonelines or expensive satellite. Put simply, I'm just shit out of luck (which isn't a surprise, I guess, given my karma).

I'm trying to manually download IE7, but it'll take a couple hours to do so. So much effort for so damn little. It's really sad, the internet is getting to the point that I can barely download anything other than text anymore. B5tv is one of the fastest sites I go to as it seems like most sites nowadays takes five minutes to load a single freaking page thanks to how much crap ever site is shoving on every page.

Last edited:
If you're dowloading it manually fine, although if you don't do that I always find going into Windows Update under the help menu is MUCH better than the auto-installer system tray thing. The system tray thing is utter crap, and just acts odd.

I would suggest using Firefox 2 BTW. And that's a reasonably small download.

And so, after two+ hours, it supposedly finished being dowloaded and was ready to install. So, I click install and yes to this and I accept that blah blah blah, and what does it then do, it starts downloading even more stuff for IE7 in a totally different window. I guess when it said that IE7 was downloaded and ready to be installed it was a big fat lie. It doesn't even give me a progress bar now to guess how long this is going to take. Lord knows when this'll be finished.

So, it's finally updated. God is it horrible. Forcing me to have things I don't want, putting things in different places that make no sense whatsoever. It's pathetic. At least the dialogue bubbles icon doesn't blind me now.

So, it's finally updated. God is it horrible. Forcing me to have things I don't want, putting things in different places that make no sense whatsoever. It's pathetic. At least the dialogue bubbles icon doesn't blind me now.

PNG alpha transparency support good. They're only about 10 years late.

LH: I was wondering about that too. However, I am not sure its the physical size of the image, but rather how the system displays it now, that is different. I too have had my Avatar saved locally. Its 98x58 and always has been. It just somehow "looked" larger on the old UBB system.

Does this mean I have to enlarge the image to make it easier to view?

Or maybe I need someone to make another larger original version of the Avatar for me. :)

Recoil, I have brightened your existing avatar a bit. I haven't uploaded it for you because I am not sure if you prefer what you have or this one. :)

recoil.jpg

I could attempt another avatar for you if you like. Just let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back