B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 16th 21, 02:01   #31
Kyehlar
First One

Re: Season 1 recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
strictly speaking G'kar is just paranoid at this point. They explicitly said, he shall die after 48 hours, so... why be afraid before?

Slow acting poison.
Beep Beep
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 21, 06:05   #32
Springer
Telepath

Quote:
I'm about to finish Mind War.
Does anyone know, if Talia is ever using her gift in any way, before she is uncovered to be control? If not, I'll skip the coin scene...
Only in A Race Through Dark Places... she use telekinesis to send a coin flying in to the wall in her quarters, and when the rogue telepaths create the hallucination for Bester, they say Talia was the difference and was stronger than she knew, alluding to the 'gift' that Ironheart gave her.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 21, 07:34   #33
Moonface
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommieSG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Quote:
strictly speaking G'kar is just paranoid at this point. They explicitly said, he shall die after 48 hours, so... why be afraid before?

Slow acting poison.
Beep Beep
And yes: I should have a look at the gathering too, even though that part won't make it to the recap. But Lyta touching the Vorlon will be important later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer
Only in A Race Through Dark Places... she use telekinesis to send a coin flying in to the wall in her quarters, and when the rogue telepaths create the hallucination for Bester, they say Talia was the difference and was stronger than she knew, alluding to the 'gift' that Ironheart gave her.
Thank you! I'll take a look at that episode, but I think that's not enough to make the Mind War-recap even longer (it's the longest of the episode recaps so far @8 Minutes)
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 21, 22:07   #34
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
No, it was that he'd be dead within 48 hours of recieiving the message:

Quote:
You will be dead within 48 hours of
receiving this message. Already my
agent is close to you. You will
not know who, or how, or where ...
until it is too late. It pleases
me to know that you will live in
fear, G'Kar. But not for long.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th 21, 08:32   #35
Moonface
Ranger

@Jan: True, but to kill with the berry is very risky, as the assassin has no way of knowing which berry goes to G'kar. So the only way to ensure that there are no other casualties is to poison every berry, and then administer the antidote to every person attending the ceremony, I don't think that's very practical. Furthermore it's not personal either, and this is clearly a personal matter...
Old July 17th 21, 13:31   #36
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
@Jan: True, but to kill with the berry is very risky, as the assassin has no way of knowing which berry goes to G'kar. So the only way to ensure that there are no other casualties is to poison every berry, and then administer the antidote to every person attending the ceremony, I don't think that's very practical. Furthermore it's not personal either, and this is clearly a personal matter...
Oh, I agree! I was just quibbling over the 48 hours bit. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th 21, 16:24   #37
Moonface
Ranger

stupid YT is stupid. next best thing is vimeo, i guess? but it only let's me upload 2 per week -.-
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/576200627
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/576203856
feedback is appreciated
Old July 17th 21, 17:04   #38
Looney
Psi Cop

THAT WAS HIGHLY ENJOYABLE!!!!!

More Please, oh wait I can just watch the show.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th 21, 19:03   #39
Moonface
Ranger

Thanks, Looney!

As mentioned: Vimeo sadly has an upload limit of 500mb per week which is just over two episodes. So I'm gonna wait until I have all done and will then get a free month of some paid membership to upload all at once.

But first, I'm off to a week of holiday now, so won't be able to work on the recaps ...
Old July 19th 21, 09:12   #40
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
stupid YT is stupid. next best thing is vimeo, i guess? but it only let's me upload 2 per week -.-
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/576200627
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/576203856
feedback is appreciated
This is great. I love the classic sideways wipe too... Kurosawa would have approved.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote