• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr Who - Season 30 (4) [SPOILERS]

Re: Dr Who - Season 30 (4)

The Syfy Portal ran a story a few weeks ago about possible changes coming to Torchwood.

Last edited:

Hello Dad!

s4_06_wal_03.jpg

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:eek::eek: :drool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

(Said in true Leslie Phillips fashion)

Ah, I'll need to stop reading all posts from people in other parts of the world. I forget and spoilers sneak in. :LOL:

Spoiler for Season 4 Episode 6:
The Doctors Daughter

The generators implies that the Doctor is Adam and Jenny is Eve of a new race of Timelords. This is just a modern variation on the spare rib.

Last edited:

The spoiler code is nice, it makes it easy to avoid reading what you don't want to read. But it's not reasonable to expect people not to chat about what they've seen of the show when that's the whole point of the thread. :)

And I have gotten pretty good at skipping reading posts. I'm just glad the show is doing well, and sounds like it will be around for awhile. It's the highlight of my week, when it's on. :)

One thing might pose a problem for Dr is the regeneration of the doctor. in the original concept, Timelords have 12 regeneration, David tenant is the 10th doctor , if they stick to this concept it means that there can only be two more doctors, unless they come up with a way to give him more regeneration and in a way that won't undermine the show. Of course the Master has fond a way around the problem having long since used up all of his original regenerations, he's manged to find a way around that issue:confused:

Last edited:

Well, the Timelords resurrected The Master because he was considered by them to be the perfect warrior for the Time War (except he legged it)... so technically he didn't find a way around it.

The original get out clause for the Doctor being able to regenerate beyond 12, is that with the Timelords gone, he's the only person drawing from the system that enables regeneration.

Which leaves me a major question about last nights episode - why couldn't Jenny regenerate? True, she did come back to life... but that was because of the terraforming gases she'd inhaled.

Did the gasses interrupt/circumvent the regeneration process.

She's pretty much the Doctor with just a few genes spliced in order to make her not a clone. To all intents and purposes, she is a Timelady... she should be able to regenerate.

Although interestingly the Master deliberately denied himself the regeneration process, so maybe this is an ability that has to be woken from a latent state.. and once discovered can be resisted if the Timelord in question is conscious enough whilst inb a dying state.

Saw the episode the Doctors Daughter, thought the episode was pretty good, Jenny was cool. Sontarans vs Daleks who wins this? I say the Daleks are going to have some problems against the Sontarans. maybe militarily they've met an enemy that doesn't fear death loves battle, has nasty military technology capability and can clone in huge numbers and is every bit as arrogant as they are, should be fun to watch. According to what I have been reading we may get that particular war.

Which leaves me a major question about last nights episode - why couldn't Jenny regenerate? True, she did come back to life... but that was because of the terraforming gases she'd inhaled.

Did the gasses interrupt/circumvent the regeneration process.

Spoiler for Season 4 episode 6:

We do not know what happen there. Possibly Timelords have to be taught how to regenerate, with a backup system kicking in after a few hours.

The actress said she spent 4 months learning karate for the part. I suspect she believes that is is the start of a spinoff series.

Since people in the USA are 2 weeks behind it would be nice if everything was in spoiler boxes until they have had time to watch the episode.

To make spoiler boxes type
[ spoiler=Season x episode y ]
text
[ /spoiler ]

leaving out the spaces.

That's cool I keep forgetting how to do that... itv would be nice if the spoiler code could be added as a button.

Theoretically some spoiler code in the lost and galactica threads would be nice (though I'm personally no bothered as I merrily blunder in there anyway)

Timelords have 12 regeneration, David tenant is the 10th doctor , if they stick to this concept it means that there can only be two more doctors,

Twelve regenerations and thirteen lives, so three more doctors.

I did a brief glancing through, and caught one thing: the USA is two weeks or so behind your schedule ONLY if they get a certain channel. Those of us waiting on Sci-Fi channel have just seen the Oot planet episode, from your previous season. So even in the USA some are seeing the show a season ahead of others of us.

Just to let you know how complicated avoiding spoilers would be. :rommie:

That's why I say it's pretty much up to us Sci-Fi viewers to avoid/skip/or quick-scan all posts.

About all I have to say after Friday's episode (the Oot one) is that I like the running joke they have established of people mistaking the Doctor and Donna for being husband and wife. :)

It kind of addresses (without saying anything) the unusual situation we have with a companion so close to him in age. Not that marriage can't happen between people of drastically different ages, it just usually doesn't, I guess.

And I like how they comically simultaneously try to correct people on that point, rathe uncomfortable. :)

They both can talk pretty fast, too, can't they? "Donna Doctor friend" started to sound like a bit of a rapid chant, there. :)

Yea, t hat's right. :)

Sorry to nitpick, but that's not really nitpicking. ;) That's a rather significant detail since it's both the name of the race and part of the title of the episode. :eek:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I did a brief glancing through, and caught one thing: the USA is two weeks or so behind your schedule ONLY if they get a certain channel. Those of us waiting on Sci-Fi channel have just seen the Oot planet episode, from your previous season. So even in the USA some are seeing the show a season ahead of others of us.
Hmm... the Ood planet episode with Donna was three episodes ago (as of yesterday). The current season, not the previous one. So if you had that on the Sci-Fi channel, then that means being 2-3 episodes behind.

Really? Well, then we're closer to the original broadcast date than I realized. Yes, Friday's episode with Donna and the Doctor was the Ood planet episode (where we find out the Ood's translation devices were put in place of their exterior brains, humanity has enslaved the Ood, and the Oods' song was sung at the end of the episode.

We're seeing them closer to original airdates than I realized. Thanks for letting me kow. :)

I think it started airing only about two weeks after the UK in the US this year, so yes, there's very little delay. But I think it's the first time the delay's been that short, so no wonder you expected to be further behind!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back