• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TMOS and the Technomages

LightNZ

Beyond the rim
Hope this hasn't been posted before. I just read the transcript of the Hawthorne High School Comic Con at jms news

and in it was:

Audience: But I have a question for you. The Mage books, which I thought were so good, once they came out (something), the way they explained the Mages, even more than in the shows, will that ever be shown in terms of video, movie or anything?

JMS: That...relates to...the initials I erased over here a moment ago.
When he walked in the room he rubbed TMOS off the whiteboard

Well, that seems clear enough. He didn't want to say anything about TMoS, for whatever reason. Then he implies that both Technomages and Crusade continuance will be a part of TMoS.

Looks to me like "The Memory of Shadows" has everything to do with leftover Shadow tech. This probably means we'll have Galen back.

Looks to me like "The Memory of Shadows" has everything to do with leftover Shadow tech. This probably means we'll have Galen back.
Which to *ME* implies that it probably does NOT have anything to do with the "Telepath War" or "Telepath Crisis" as it happened pre-crusade. Plus thats a ton of stuff to pack into a 2+ hour movie.

Also, if this is true, then it sheds some light on the scope of a re-write due to Rick Biggs passing away. He probably was NOT a huge player if it dealt with the Telepath Crisis...but probably WAS largely a part of helping cure the Drakh plague.

This is of course, all assuming that Mages/Crusade means Crusade era story and not something before hand dealing with leftover Shadowtech in general...

he implies that both Technomages and Crusade continuance will be a part of TMoS.

I'd love it if TMoS included more on the Technomages. I thought that was such a cool storyline, with so many possibilities. Does anyone know if Michael Ansara (sp) is still alive and/or working? I only ask because he was so good in that part, it just wouldn't be the same without him..but I think he's getting up there! :LOL:

Sorry, Mr. Ansara :eek:

I just read the transcript of the Hawthorne High School Comic Con

I don't want to stray too far from your subject, LightNZ..but I followed your link and read the whole thing. It was really quite interesting, especially what JMS said about Londo. He said, if there was B5 character that spoke with his voice and most closely resembled him, that it would have been Londo. :) I just thought that was interesting!

I can't believe how extensive his film and television credits are! He's been doing this kind of thing a long time! :D

Michael Ansara

Whoever answers this question, please provide ample spoiler-padding for those that haven't read the Technomage trilogy and seen Crusade.

Minor SPOILER for Crusade/Babylon 5:
The question: Did Crusade tell us wether Elric was still around after the Shadow War? It's been a while since I saw Crusade. I remember Galen meeting Alwyn in an episode.

BIG honking SPOILER for the Technomage books:
Let's pad the spoiler with some nonsense first. I'd think flashbacks, cloning or time-travel would be the only option for Ansara to appear in a post-shadow war movie. Some more spoiler padding at the end here.

Whoever answers this question, please provide ample spoiler-padding for those that haven't read the Technomage trilogy and seen Crusade.

The question: Did Crusade tell us wether Elric was still around after the Shadow War? It's been a while since I saw Crusade. I remember Galen meeting Alwyn in an episode.

Big Technomage/Crusade SPOILER
I've read the Technomage Trilogy a while ago.
I don't have it here in my office to confirm the exactly moment, but Elric dies, I think, right before the events that took place in the last couple of episodes of season 3.(when Sheridan "died" for his first time).
Then, Galen got really mad and decides to go to Zahadum and so on.
In this case, I think that Elric...only in flashbacks but it is unlike.

Almir

Michael Ansara's probably retired anyway given his age and the fact that according to imdb he hasn't worked since 2001.

Oh, Michael Ansara was married with "Jeannie" during the time the show was running.
Was she hot at that time or what?(with all due respect)
Not bad for a 44 years old guy at that time :)

Almir

Yes, I remember what happened, but I don't remember wether or not they mentioned it in Crusade.

Yes, I remember what happened, but I don't remember wether or not they mentioned it in Crusade.

In the episode The Long Road, Galen says that Elric 'passed beyond' soon after the Technomages arrived at their hiding place.

Seems logical to me, JMS would go for "cool factor," and either have the technomages, the telepaths, or both in the film.
I'm hoping for both!

Jendia

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back