B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old February 23rd 02, 07:13   #11
Zoriah
Dead Account

Re: Why no male nudity?

Nothing wrong with a man's posterior. Luke's is most likely a fine specimen....err... actually Queer as Folk was a great series! And yep the nudity and sexual content was quite refreshing for a tv show and also pretty well done.

------------------
Zoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 07:33   #12
2aMageing
Soul Hunter

What women could POSSIBLY see as atractive in the male form is BEYOND me. It's only the most unappealing combination of features even created. I think it's all just a conspiricy by women to ogle men because men do it to women, not because they really get excited about any thing there.
Besides, women are SUPPOSED to be only interested in "feelings" and "meaningful" things.
It's a conspiricy I tell ya!

------------------
"Humanity IS my business"
or the always popular
"You can get farther with a kind word and a 2 b four, than you can with just a kind word"
2aMageing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 08:26   #13
KoshN

Because male nudity (especially full frontal) is more of a "taboo" than female nudity (especially topless)? We're more used to seeing the latter; ... Hell, fashion has openly made a presentation of it for eons. That is probably why we're more comfortable with women with revealing tops, and going topless in films. We don't even count a guy with his shirt off as "nudity."

As a guy though, I can tell you that most other guys would echo Sven Foriegner's statement "As for the rest of us....we don't want to be staring at another dude's package." and Londo's "Of all things in life, are females not the finest?"

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 08:40   #14
Kribu
Administrator

And as a woman, I find nothing even remotely appealing about having to see female nudity everywhere.

I'd much rather see Luke's posterior than some woman's naked breasts. It's simply a question of demanding equal treatment.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 09:03   #15
KoshN

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
And as a woman, I find nothing even remotely appealing about having to see female nudity everywhere.

I'd much rather see Luke's posterior than some woman's naked breasts. It's simply a question of demanding equal treatment.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, you get to see guys with their shirts off all the time. That's equal treatment.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 09:07   #16
Kribu
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Oh, you get to see guys with their shirts off all the time. That's equal treatment.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but for some reason I also get to see female full frontal and posterior nudity a lot more than male...

Besides, breasts and male chests aren't quite the same thing. Although I do thinkt there should be more topless guys around on the screen, at least as long as they've got a great body.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 11:22   #17
**DONOTDELETE**

What about Malcolm Jamal-Warner. Does he not have a decent body under that outfit?

From the marketing of Jeremiah, they appear to be targeting men more than women.

But, this woman wouldn't mind some equal treatment. And it's not necessarily *what* is shown that matters, it is just the acknowledgement that men can be the sex objects, too. It's the "attitude" behind it. Farscape hasn't shown us Ben Browder's bare butt, but they sure make an effort to make the guy look as fine as possible--leather pants, tank tops, shirtless on occasion.

That's why Queer is Folk is interesting to watch. It's not the nudity per se, but the acknowledgment that a man can be a sex object.

------------------
Old February 23rd 02, 11:56   #18
hypatia
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2aMageing:
What women could POSSIBLY see as atractive in the male form is BEYOND me. It's only the most unappealing combination of features even created. I think it's all just a conspiricy by women to ogle men because men do it to women, not because they really get excited about any thing there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now if THAT were true, no guy would get "lucky" EVER.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 12:00   #19
hypatia
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
It's simply a question of demanding equal treatment.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here here! I admit, some people who know me pretty well are probably wondering why hyp would start a thread like this one!

I confess: I was bored and wanted to have some fun! Glad to see the guys are taking it so well.

But I do think if you are going to have a show that is openly showing nudity, then let's have some "equal treatment".

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 02, 12:06   #20
Nukemall
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Now if THAT were true, no guy would get "lucky" EVER.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there is such a thing called alcohol.

------------------
"Wild Dog! Why's it taking you so long to get ridda them?"
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com
Nukemall is offline   Reply With Quote