• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Interesting note from JMS re: UK viewing

Just seen this posted by JMS on JMSNews, and it struck me quite strongly.

Case in point...I know that a lot of British fans didn't watch Jeremiah when it
got there because they'd seen the downloads. (I know, I saw the discussions.)

This is pertinent to the whole question of the legality/morality of downloading any intellectual property work from the web.

As a UK viewer, I was saddened to see Jeremiah shifted to the middle of the night about halfway through its run and, to date, there is no sign of S2 ever seeing the light of day. If viewing figures for S1 were so badly affected by downloading to bring about this situation then that p****s me off big time.

We will, of course, never know the answer to that question, but given how easy it is to find S2 available for download I can well believe it to be the case.

Let's hope that Sky or C5 will see fit to show us S2 at some in the not too distant future - while there are still those of us out here wanting to see it, and refusing to involve ourselves in illegally downloading the show.

:devil:

If viewing figures for S1 were so badly affected by downloading to bring about this situation then that p****s me off big time.
I don't belive downloading affected viewing figures badly, Jeremiah is rather unknown title.

I never watch that damned box. So for me it's download and DVD. No one would lose audience when they air something here because I would have never watched it on the channel in the first place. Go figure.

If viewing figures for S1 were so badly affected by downloading to bring about this situation then that p****s me off big time.

I disagree...downloading will only effect the Ratings if you were one of the few households that were used by the ratings service to make the ratings...otherwise how do they know where you are watching it?
I don't belive downloading affected viewing figures badly, Jeremiah is rather unknown title.

Im my case it's even worse.
Jeremiah will never see the light of the day in this God forsaken hemisphere.
Never. Cable or DVD.
All these cable stations treat us, here in Brazil, like a mere part of latin america comunity. Thinking that we speak spanish and dance mambo!!!
They forget that we are an individual nation with 170 million people speaking portuguese.
God, they don't even answer an email of a fan that wants to buy a DVD Box and even with this poor attention I still import the boxes LEGALLY!

Now they want to preach us about downloading?
When they want me to watch The Legend of the Rangers?
4 years have passed and they never showed in any kind of media, around here.
This means NO RESPECT, at least. They are loosing money alright.

These guys in the suits must improve their performances.
Many movies released simultaneously in the world are the ones with less chance of suffer with piracy.
We're living the globalization, so be quick. There's no time for second guessing. All countries have to be treated equally in this entertainment world.
If this is a problem to you, too bad.

Bring a reasonable solution to this and we'll be reasonable.
In the meantime, screw them!!! Just to be polite.

Latest posts

Members online

Back