• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Watch me cry...

Oh, no, Sorbo wants to do a sitncom now? :rolleyes:

"I'm not Jerry Lewis. I don't really do the fall-down stuff," Sorbo said. "I like the kind of observational humor that George Carlin does. They can surround me with wacky (characters) and I'll be the sane one who anchors the group."

Sorbo as a George Carlin type? Somehow, I don't think so.

Hmmm, Sorbo leaving Andromeda might be the best thing for the show. I understand it seems to be better this year, but that's been the main problem since 2nd half of season 2, from what I understand, is that it's been the Dylan Hunt show

I wish I could have the tiniest interest in saving Andromeda, but I don't. I haven't watched it since S2. I'm more inclined to go back to Enterprise now than to consider a reworked Andromeda.

I would have no problem if Andromeda died. Make room for good SF. Personally, I've thought the show was less than B material from the beginning.

Really bad to really, really bad. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:

CE

Personally, I've thought the show was less than B material from the beginning.

The thing I like most about Andromeda is the fantasy version I have in my head. There was just so much potential for the show. So very little of it's been realized and seems never will be. Aliens have nearly disappeared on the show now, which is just sad. There was so much potential in the Thran, Perseids, Vedrans, Pyrians, Trance's people, but all we got now is Trance who most often sounds like pompously written fortune cookie fortunes anymore. Take the episode "Point Of The Spear" for example where we saw one of Trance's people championing the Pyrians in this big covert difference of opinion between Trance and some the others of her people over whether Dylan and the new Commonwealth would be able to defeat the Spirit of the Abyss. So much more could have been done with that, but I guess the desire for that type of story just evaporated.

But isn't Andromeda a sitcom in space?
He already got the background for it.
Just have to switch studios :LOL:

Almir
PS: THANK GOD!!!

It is time for Andromeda to die. A spin off set in the same universe would be a good replacement. They can cover all the missing stories without having to pander to a single actor ego.

It may be time for the commonwealth to get involved with terrorism. Either fighting against it or helping to free other planets.

A spin off set in the same universe would be a good replacement.

From what this first salvo of episodes of season five seem to be saying, the show is in a different universe than the one they were in last season. (For the record, I do understand what you're saying, I was just making a joke at the expense of the current writing/production team.)

It may be time for the commonwealth to get involved with terrorism. Either fighting against it or helping to free other planets.

Like Earth, which is under brutal control of Nietzscheans. But there's not much the Commonwealth can do in the universe the characters were in prior to being tesseracted to the universe they're in now considering of the there's only one of the three heads of Commonwealth government still part of that government. One Triumvir was killed when Dylan Hunt tricked her fleet into getting destroyed. Another went rogue in support of Dylan Hunt when he was put on trial by the Commonwealth for whatever the reason was. Of course, despite all that support, that Triumvir with his bigass fleet of ships were nowhere to be seen trying to counter the threat of the Magog Worldship at the end of last season. Despite knowing the coming onslaught of the Magog Worldship, why the new Commonwealth wasn't trying to form a coalition to fight against it who knows; that'd make too much sense and wouldn't enable them to keep Dylan Hunt as the Lone Sole Hero Against Evil™ that they desperately thought would make the character cool.

And with Harper being from Earth, having been born and raised in the hell that Earth had become under the bootheel of the Nietzscheans, one would think Dylan Hunt, if he was such a great outstanding member of the mindset of the old Commonwealth, would have been more compassionate toward the plight that Harper's relatives are going through. But it was more like: Earth's a lost cause, let's go run around the galaxies having "adventures" instead.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back