• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The long waiting

>2.Does the recent death of Richard Biggs mean that the >B5:MoS project
>has been cancel(l)ed or postponed?

It's resulted in a slowdown to make changes and adjust things.

jms

For me that does it.
I have no more doubts and although the waiting is long, the project keep going well.
Like a baby that got its candy, I'm happy now :D

Almir

Hi JBonetati,

Thanks to post this news from JMS web page. It saved my skin.... Almir, Recoil, Hypatia, Londo6 and others would have killed me, because I could not find the post where JMS said that we would have news after december..... Now I am not sure if I got confused, I had a dream, or simply the post disappeared.....Sorry guys....

Have a nice day,

CADU
Zahadum

Thanks to post this news from JMS web page. It saved my skin.... Almir, Recoil, Hypatia, Londo6 and others would have killed me, because I could not find the post where JMS said that we would have news after december..... Now I am not sure if I got confused, I had a dream, or simply the post disappeared.....Sorry guys....
I suspect that you got the year wrong. It was after last december, the New Year being 2004.

All I have to say is...it's exactly what I've been saying was going on. But no one ever listen to poor Zathras. :D

The problem was, CE, that we wanted to hear it from Lorien's mouth directly :)

Almir

All I have to say is...it's exactly what I've been saying was going on. But no one ever listen to poor Zathras. :D

The problem was, CE, that we wanted to hear it from Lorien's mouth directly :)

Almir

Yes, but Lorien going beyond the rim...good for Lorien...bad for Zathras...means Zathras having much work to be doing. If only people listen as well as dirt.

CE :D

Guess this is as good a place as any to post this.

Yesterday my inside source told me that last Friday, WB and JMS approached ILM for bids on the SFX for TMoS. Reportedly, they have also asked WETA to bid.

Given that they are now trying to lock in an FX company, then we should hear an announcement soon. If they are, indeed, this far into pre-production. This should also mean that at least any portion of the shooting script that includes FX should be done.

So, hopefully the long twilight wait will soon come to an end. :)

And this should be one more sign of hope to those who still doubt for some reason.

CE

I would prefer WETA as well. From what my source says, and from things the Great Maker has said as well, JMS would prefer WETA, but these things must be done as they would in any other business...the bidding process.

That said, I predict WETA will win the main contract.

CE

CE,

Thanks for the insights. Sorry of my ignorance, but what is WETA (is the LoTR FX company?).

In my opinion I rather have ILM working with them. I remind you that ILM has great experience in space scenarios. Besides I would be very pleased to have in someway, JMS and George Lucas working together. Both have done a great job to the SCI-FI world.

Regards,

Cadu
Zahadum

Yes, Weta's the LotR company. Also bear in mind that while Lucas created ILM and is still closely associated with it, he's not out in the trenches working with them except on his own projects, so I doubt he and JMS would rub elbows very much.

My kneejerk reaction is that Weta has a better feel for how to integrate the digital with the filmed. On the LotR movies it was always tricky for me to tell what was CGI and what wasn't, partially because they used so much model work but also because they integrated it fairly seamlessly.

In contrast the recent Star Wars movies, run by ILM, have been fairly obvious. ILM's best space battles were back in the day when they were using models.

I just think it is good news 2 of the most respected SFX companies have been approached.

It shows how seriously WB and JMS are taking this.

:D

Thanks for the update CE. WETA has done concept art for the Evangelion live action movie, and may work on that too. As schedules go, I suspect these two movies will come out around the same time.
EDIT: Actually, Babylon 5 might very well come out before the Evangelion movie. The story is pretty much worked out, many of the main characters and ship designs could be carried over from the show. The Evangelion movie is still in the script stage.

CE,

Thanks for the insights. Sorry of my ignorance, but what is WETA (is the LoTR FX company?).

In my opinion I rather have ILM working with them. I remind you that ILM has great experience in space scenarios. Besides I would be very pleased to have in someway, JMS and George Lucas working together. Both have done a great job to the SCI-FI world.

Regards,

Cadu
Zahadum

Yes, as stated by others WETA is the LOTR FX house.

WETA is the FX house that did all of the LOTR films and basically handed ILM their hat as they booted them out of the #1 FX house position whilst putting ILM to shame.

It was WETA that made Lucas show RoTK to his people and say, "We have to do better."

Of course, there are a lot of ex-ILMers at WETA. People who didn't care for the Lucasfilm environment.

Out of these two houses, give me WETA, their work is nothing less than spectacular and far above what ILM is turning out these days.

CE

That is good news, CE, thanks for posting it.

It has been a long wait since JMS first started hinting that something might be in the works. It's good to hear that things really are moving forward.

What's your best guess as to the year this might actually get released? Any shot still for 2005?

What's your best guess as to the year this might actually get released? Any shot still for 2005?
I'm not CE, but Firefly feature started filming in June and they have April 2005 release date so i quess it is theoretically possible that they might release TMoS in 2005.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back