• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bonnie Hammer: Big Fat Liar

Glacophane

Regular
If anyone here is still watching the Sci Fi channel, you may have notice the commercial for the documentarly, "The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan". Supposedly he wanted to shut down production of the bio because he as at odds with the filmakers. In a press conference on Friday Ms. Hammer stated that it was all lie and it was just a "hoax" and part of a campaign ad.

If you would like to read it, here is the link:
Bonnie Hammer Lies

And this is the woman who runs the Network. No wonder its going to crap. :rolleyes:

We knew that a long time ago. :p
In fact there was an article on this site saying so a while back.

Unless they were forced to tell the truth (except... who, exactly, was fooled by this? It seemed like a hoax to begin with, as far as I'm concerned), why didn't they wait until AFTER it aired. Makes me wonder about just how many people will tune in now, knowing for SURE that it's not 100% truth. Not that I really CARE, mind you. It set off my Anti-Stupid Radar the first time I saw a commercial for it.

Is there still a Skiffy channel? :confused:

I stopped being part of their "target audience" a LONG time ago. I'm not quite sure who is their target audience anymore.

But I pity them. ;)

Nah, I trust her. I look forward to Farscape season five.

She's certainly not shedding the 'Soundbite Suzy' nickname I gave her.

Antony, are you counting this upcoming miniseries as season 5? :confused:

I have to admit, I will actually find the channel again and watch thta. I'm curious to see how they end it.

When I first saw that commercial for the M-Night Interview, the first thing that popped into my head was "Blair Witch Project." It was so obviously a hoax, and the fact that it is being released a week before his new movie? Can you say marketing hype? All cooked up to gain more interest in his movie, which frankly at this point, I dont need any reason to go see one of his movies as all of them so far have been fantastic.

No, I was talking about the season five that Hammer promised when she was gushing over Farscape, until she lost interest then it was suddenly no good and the season wasn't happening

Ah, yea. That seems like an alternate reality these days, doesn't it? :eek:

What kills me is last I heard the Sci-Fi channel's profits actually went up after the new policies were put into place. As much as I had hoped the science fiction channel couldn't possibly turn its back on science fiction, they seem to be doing pretty well last I heard.

Phooey. :mad:

What kills me is last I heard the Sci-Fi channel's profits actually went up after the new policies were put into place. As much as I had hoped the science fiction channel couldn't possibly turn its back on science fiction, they seem to be doing pretty well last I heard.
Have the ratings gone up? If not, advertisers will stop advertising, which will bring the profits down.

Sci Fi still needs to find advertisers who want customers that watch science fiction, possibly new advertisers - start with Sony consumer division and what used to be Motorola electronics.

I just go done watching the..."film". I liked it. It was a fun thing to watch, yes it's not true, but it was actually a good show, entertaining.

I just go done watching the..."film". I liked it. It was a fun thing to watch, yes it's not true, but it was actually a good show, entertaining.

Is this in the correct thread? F9/11 is a different one.

If you were caught dead, yet watching it, I doubt it would matter by that point. Being dead and all. HA. I made a joke. I think.

And although I probably wasn't going to watch it anyways, I totally forgot it was on. I think I watched some Dead Zone, actually. Breaking in my new S2 DVD set, you know. Of course, none of this is really relevant to the subject. Oh well.

As much as Hammer is a big fat stinkin' liar, I couldn't criticise her business acumen. She has been massively beneficial for the SCI-FI Channel in terms of business (of course quality is debatable). But things like Taken have put the channel on the map in terms of more general viewers rather than die-hard sci-fi fans.

And she's transitioned away from costly shows like Farscape (where they just pay to show it a few times, no further revenue) to things like Battlestar Galactica where she's got it pretty much financed from deals before it even hits the air there (thus putting less strain on them making the money).

From the first commercial break:

Sci Fi Channel's "The Buried Secret of M. Night Shamaylan" is sponsored by "The Village".

Sort of a giveaway, but yeah, I immediately remembered SciFi's "Curse of the Blair Witch", a fake television documentary following .. ahem.. a fake film documentary.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back