• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official HEROES Spoiler Thread

Alluveal

Regular
Yes, I am a total Heroes nerd now. I don't care how much its been hyped. I got over the whole "I"m a snob and I don't read Harry Potter because it's POPULAR" mentality in a jiffy.

YES THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS. BE WARNED.

Anyway...... Heroes thoughts!

Ok, first off, Poor Hiro! I wonder why he lost his powers. Maybe he abused his power in attempts to save the waitress and it was one too many times (i.e. his little jaunt in Vegas.) Then again, Hiro with a sword did make it back in time to warn Peter Patrelli. This leads me to believe that Hiro gets his powers back at some point.

Sylar
This guy is downright creepy, and yes I think he's absorbing powers or rather doing some brain surgery and pulling out the brain "defect" that may be the cause for some of these heroes' powers. Imagine if Sylar had Claire (the cheerleaders') powers. Invulnerable? As a matter of fact, it's scary to think of Sylar absorbing many of our heroes' powers:

Nathan Patrelli: The power to fly (Sylar would be even more able to travel the world doing his evil deeds.)

Peter Patrelli: I don't think Sylar can absorb Peter's powers. There's just something in me that says Peter is Sylar's nemesis (no puns intended.) If I remember correctly, the Nemesis in the comic book world can take on the powers of any other superhero.

Hiro: I daresay the game would be even more "over" if Sylar absorbed Hiro's powers. He could go back and forth in time and really do some damage.

Nickie / Jessica: / Evil Twin. Not sure this would change much about Sylar. He's already crazy and dangerous.

Isaac the Painter: I am not sure Sylar could control Isaac's ability to see the future, as Isaac can't control it much himself. That said, when Sylar stole telekenesis from that one lame dude, he was able to do MORE with it than the lame dude was. So, who knows.

Matt the Policeman: Reading peoples' thoughts would also be a bad turn for the good guys if Sylar had access to this power.

Micah: Not sure what the kids' powers really are yet, but we all know they have something to do with electronics.

Micah's Dad: Sylar does NOT need this power--to move through solid objects. Teh SUCK for our heroes if he cannot be confined by any walls.

Pyro/Radiation Guy: Again, Sylar is already a hot-tempered freak, imagine if he had flame-powers and lost his cool. BOOM, there goes New York. So, let's hope this doesn't happen.

Waitress: Sylar now has a photographic memory. Like he needed more in his crazy little head, eh?

Then again, if I remember last week's ep, Sylar was confined because Cheer-daddy had enchantress girl put him to sleep, while creepy bald Haitan man took him away. Not sure I can think of much containing Sylar as it is, but it should be interesting.

Ive been watching this show, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

On one hand, its totally the X-Men. Or at least, has a lot of overtones of the comic. Peter is basically Rogue in his powers, for example.

Ill admit, the whole "save the cheerleader, save the world" hype was lame the first time they used it, and I got real tired of it real fast.

On the other hand, there are some good aspects to the show. Its interesting to watch for the most part.

That being said, right now I think this show is the perfect example of the current generation of "primetime dramas." This show falls into the catagory of Lost, Jericho, and several other shows that have been out the last year or so.

They start off with a big mystery that needs to be solved.
The build up back story on characters.
Each show, instead of giving answers, only raises more questions.
The current trend is to "shock" the audience by killing a major character halfway through each season because *gasp* they killed someone who wasn't a redshirt!
Unfortunately, these shows also don't do an incredible job of making you care for the characters, so when they do off them, you find yourself saying "eh, I can live without him/her"

Now I realize the above comments could technically represent a lot of shows. But I think many of you will admit that the last couple years shows like Heros and Lost have been coming out. The concepts and how they are structured are almost carbon copies of each other. They try to do something great, but fail in two areas IMO. First, they dont have the talent that JMS did for telling one great spanning story arc. Shows like this SHOULD do it, they just dont. They start off with some great mysteries, but there is never the payoff nor the planning like JMS did. The second area they fail, is in the what is quickly becoming cliche way of offing main characters. They fail because they dont seem to get viewers to love the characters. They need to take a page out of Joss Whedons book. When he has killed characters off in his shows, it was sudden, surprising, and you were PISSED because they were characters that were so well developed that you cared about them. He made you feel all sorts of feelings for even background guest stars. Shows today dont seem to pull that off, at least IMO.

So after almost being at the halfway point of Heroes, Im still not sure how I feel about it. But hey, Im watching it so for the time being their technique is working. Although, in this case, I guess its because I find the main concept of the show fascinating.

Peter is basically Rogue in his powers, for example.

Sylar seems to be more like Rogue. In order for Rogue to take another mutant's power, they suffer physical harm with the longer she holds on and closer to death she takes the person the more likely the power absorbtion will be permanent. Peter's power doesn't cause harm, which makes him more like Mimic (though his ability to mimic another mutant's powers was more of a permanent copying, which Peter hasn't exhibited yet) or Synch (who died before he ever got around to mastering his power enough to permanently copy another mutant's powers, though it was theorized that he could eventually have done so).

Recoil, I think actually, Heroes is different from LOST and the rest of the pack, in that each season is supposed to represent a self contained arc, more along the lines of 24 (I assume, since I have never seen an episode of 24). So, my understanding is S1 of Heroes, we will find out about all their powers, and the whole "New York blowing up" arc, as well as the forming of a "justice League" (or whatever the X-Men call their team). Season 2, supposedly will feature a completely new arc, with a different "danger to save the world from". I actually like most of the characters on Heroes pretty well, and will miss almost anyone they kill off (although, I think they probably should've waited a bit longer). I especially like Ando and Hiro. To be honest, Heroes, SciFi Friday, and LOST is about all I watch on TV these days (I tried Jericho, but, it just didn't work for me, and cop shows, Lawyer shows, hospital shows, just don't work for me either)

Alluveal said:
Ummm, whoah. Our little Claire is a Patrelli!

My best friend guessed it last week solely on the advertisement for this week's episode and it's quick shot of his rolled-up business shirt sleeve. :eek: I was busy thinking it was going to be Linderman that was the father, as he's the one big, reocccuring name that we haven't yet seen. But alas, I was wrong and my friend was right.

Peter is Claire's uncle. Oh how cute! :D

Uhhhh, Claire's like 15! Ewww..... (in regard to the Peter/Claire thing.)

I thought it would be Cheerdaddy himself, but my sig-O and I were totally floored. This definitely makes things more interesting.

I, too, didn't see that coming. I wonder if Nathan is a serial adulterer or whether Claire was from before he got married to his current wife (given Claire's age and the ages of his other kids it was probably from before he got married).

So Peter can actually remember the powers he's used. That's gonna be interesting if he ever goes up against Sylar as he only has to be near Sylar to absorb his powers.

I thought it was funny when Claire's (adopted) Mum was just about to say Mr. Bennett's first name and got interrupted.

No psi-cop this week, which is a shame as he's my second favourite character (Hiro being number one).

I'm guessing Lindeman has some kind of ability. And I wonder whether Claire's Dad works for him. But whereas Lindeman seems to be a bad guy, Claire's Dad may be a good guy just doing things differently.

I wonder if it's because of Sylar that Peter gets overloaded with his powers and blows up (potentially speaking, of course.) Sylar keeps collecting abilities and I think it's slowly driving him insane. I also think this is why Peter was in a coma, after having been near Sylar . . . just too much to handle for him right now.

As for the Patrellis, it's a toughie. I think Linderman might be the father of either Peter or Nathan, thus the power from the Patrelli's might have come from mom. Will have to wait and see, though.

Well, the actor for Nathan is only 41, and Claire's actress is 17, so, figure Nathan was only about 23 when he got her mom pregnant. I haven't gotten the impression nathan has been married that long. Rena Sofer (Nathan's wife) is only 38.

Ummm, whoah. Our little Claire is a Patrelli!

Yeah, guessed that the moment we saw the watch and rolled up pink button down shirt. There are only a few characters who wear that kind of thing. ;) We did also guess it could be someone we haven't seen yet like Linderman but we thought Nathan was more likely. ;)

Uhhhh, Claire's like 15! Ewww..... (in regard to the Peter/Claire thing.)

There is nothing "eewwww" about the thought of Claire. :)

There a jailbait clock on her yet? Has to be one somewhere on the 'net...

Oh, and I also had it narrowed down to Linderman or Nathan Patrelli. Linderman was my leading candidate though.

Yeah, that's just weird and a bit too perverted for me (not that people haven't thought of this, but ugh....)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back