• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Invalid forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheggs

Regular
For a while after the server switch I had problems posting resulting in a message of "invalid forum", initially I thought was just me (i am a lousy typist!! and on dial up) but noticed others expressing irritation at the same phenomenon so I figgured I wasn't crazy. Well... ok, that something else was going on. I haven't noticed it personally in the last few days but I've been typing a bit quicker and being a bit more "pithy". Is it now a problem solved or just not identifyed yet?

I don't know, but the forum has been sort of sticky lately -- not moving fast, timing out a lot on Firefox, sometimes giving up the ghost entirely, that kind of thing. Between all that and a singularly recalcitrant wireless network, I'm beginning to sour on the whole internet thing.

I have not noticed any difficulties after about 24 hours after the move. I hope people will post their issues here if they still have any.

A little slower at times, but that may be down to my blatent bit-torrent abuse of our work connection.

The server won't be as nippy as it was. The old server, B5TV was probably the biggest site most of the time. Now you're sharing with www.trekbbs.com, talk.csifiles.com and others.

The server is also experiencing problems now and again, I am gradually sorting it out bit by bit.

I haven't noticed it personally in the last few days but I've been typing a bit quicker.
I don't have problems with quick replies but long posts, when I'm multitasking with other things or simply doing research, always return with an error. I suspect session variables or some other post identifier that gets timed out while we are typing.

I tried to 'view all' an entire thread (35+ pages) in Babbleon and got a standard Apache internal server error screen, although I realise that this was a really silly thing to try and do.

--------------------
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, antony@b5tv.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.b5tv.com Port 80

Do we really need a whole forum dedicated to invalids? Oh...nevermind, that's not what you meant.

I had a lack of posting without an error message, just a basic time-out at first, but, no problems recently.

I'm going to have to turn on various logging facilities to track that one down. I imagine it's hearing a memory limit, one designed to stop any process hurting the server too much.

Wait. Does this mean we have a special forum for invalids?

Because if so I want a special forum for asthmatics too.

... and diabetics.

... and people with sore knees too, ok? :eek:

......... and maybe also displaced librarians and Sindatur (pleural) who lost their faith but may someday return to the light side too. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back