• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anyone still watching Lost?

Overall a good episode.

But one thing really bothered me- in the cold open, Sawyer is nailing this chick and we get the big reveal that he's a cop in this universe. I don't think any police investigation would actually condone sex as part of a sting operation or any investigation.

I also wasn't crazy about bringing Charlotte back just as another sexual conquest for Sawyer.

I dld like Miles as the buddy cop, though. Miles / Sawyer buddy cop spin-off movie- I'm there.

Don't know if island-Sawyer playing Locke-ish vs Widmore and taking the sub was supposed to be a surprise but I saw that a mile away. I really hope Lock-ish will not fall for it- an ancient powerful monster being suckered into such a simple double-cross would be absurd.

Next week is supposed to The Big Episode That Reveals All.

I'm sure Sawyer's plan will not go as he hopes. Another unusual thing is how he aided Kate's escape at the airport. Originally we figured it was just Sawyer being his usual anti-establishment bad-boy self, but now that we see he is a cop, they're going to have to give us a suitable explanation for that behavior.

So who killed all the passengers? Not-Locke? Widmore?

Lot's of good acting from Not-Locke this week too.

Oh another thing that bothered me- Kate asking who's going to fly the plane, Sawyer saying they're taking the sub not the plane.

So who's going to pilot the sub?! That can't be a trivial thing.

Either way, Sawyer doesn't really have a plan, per se, it's more like he's doing his best to put himself in the least-bad possible solution.

Sawyer helping Kate doesn't bother me- he's a sucker for a pretty face, couldn't imagine a petite woman really did something so horrible, and in any case he's not a cop for the most noble and moral reasons: he's using his job to find the guy he wants to kill.

I don't think Sawyer is thinking about how complex it might be to steer a sub, he's just thinking out his bum, grabbing for straws, so to say.

I cannot WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK.

:) I think Richard is such an interesting character and I can't wait to see his story.

I agree that Miles + Sawyer = cops is a good thing. More more more.

lol @ Sawyer showing up with one flower and a 6-pack of canned beer.

I mean I know the guy has confidence with women, and understandably so, but damn.

Overall a good episode.
Don't know if island-Sawyer playing Locke-ish vs Widmore and taking the sub was supposed to be a surprise but I saw that a mile away. I really hope Lock-ish will not fall for it- an ancient powerful monster being suckered into such a simple double-cross would be absurd.

He could be aware of Sawyer's dupe and just playing along, having his own plans...only time will tell.

I mean I know the guy has confidence with women, and understandably so, but damn.

Truthfully, this was such a tv moment, known as the "say nothing". Charlotte had her door opened for a long time. Sawyer could easily have apologized profusely and started explaining himself in that time and she would have probably listened, especially if he started off with "I've never told anyone about this before...".

By the time he got to the dead parents, she'd be cradling him.

Truthfully, this was such a tv moment, known as the "say nothing". Charlotte had her door opened for a long time. Sawyer could easily have apologized profusely and started explaining himself in that time and she would have probably listened, especially if he started off with "I've never told anyone about this before...".

By the time he got to the dead parents, she'd be cradling him.

Yeah you're probably right... but I have to stress that even with the sob story, the only kind of person that would have a prayer of pulling that kind of thing off is a someone as devastatingly good-looking as Sawyer.

And he knew this- that's what made the scene so hilarious to me, even that wasn't the intention. He just figured, you know, I'm motha-fuckin' Sawyer- this chick jumped in the sack with me on a first blind date- and initiated it!

(This never happens)

Of course he's gonna think a "sad sunflower and puppy dog eyes" is gonna do that trick.

I know it seems like I'm focusing on something so insignificant but I just appreciated the funny visual in the middle of all this crazy "wtf is going" stuff that has pretty much dominated one's viewing of this show. I think we're all so caught up in the Big Mysteries that we forget to just enjoy these silly people doing their thing. And Sawyer especially, who went from being my least favorite character on the show to my most favorite- by far the biggest swing of a fictional character ever for me.

Next week, I bet we won't have anything like that- it will be all Big Mystery stuff and serious.

Next week, I bet we won't have anything like that- it will be all Big Mystery stuff and serious.
If not, alot of people will be really honked off. Most people have been waiting on pins and needles for this episode almost since Richard was introduced, and if they don't reveal everything they can about him, people will be screaming from all corners of the internet. As it is, I'm surprised by how many epople I've seen whine about how this season has gone nowhere with answering questions.

I'm looking forward to an excellent episode next week, personally.

I think next week's episode is going to kick ass. Personally, I really wish that Mr. Eko will make some sort of cameo before the series ends. Doubting it will happen, but he has probably been the character that's been dead the longest that hasn't made an appearance since he was offed.

And Sawyer has probably been my overall favorite character from the get-go. Desmond too.

If not, alot of people will be really honked off. Most people have been waiting on pins and needles for this episode almost since Richard was introduced, and if they don't reveal everything they can about him, people will be screaming from all corners of the internet. As it is, I'm surprised by how many epople I've seen whine about how this season has gone nowhere with answering questions.

See, I don't feel that way. I have always wanted a Richard episode because he fascinates me and I want to know what makes him tick. Insofar as what this episode reveals, I'm not hoping for a metric buttload of information. That said, writers of the show seem to be hinting that this episode will answer some big questions.

See, I don't feel that way. I have always wanted a Richard episode because he fascinates me and I want to know what makes him tick. Insofar as what this episode reveals, I'm not hoping for a metric buttload of information. That said, writers of the show seem to be hinting that this episode will answer some big questions.
Agreed, as long as it's a good episode, I will be perfectly happy, though it will be an added bonus, if they take advantage of the opportunity to answer some questions that this episode could give them a perfect opportunity to answer.

I was speaking of "many of the audience at large", not my personal views

Cool new avatar, BTW

So after last night's "Richard episode" here is how I think the main story/secret of "Lost" went down in Season 1.

JJ Abrams and Team (internally): "Hey, I have a great story idea. We will make a TV show about this mysterious island where a bunch of weird stuff happens on it. We will focus weekly episodes based around the characters in a unique way using flashbacks, and reveal mysteries of the island in bits and pieces but never enough to let the fans know what the island really is. For those on the writing team, the island is "Purgatory" so the characters are dead, and between heaven and hell."

Fans after Episode 2: "So the characters are dead and in Purgatory, huh?"

JJ Abrams and Team (to fans): "No they definitely are not! There is a much more scientific explanation for what is going on. Please guess again sir"

JJ Abrams and team (internally): "Shit, they guessed it already. Well we were going to drag the mystery out as long as we could anyway, so we will have plenty of time to think of something else to explain this off and make it look like we knew it all along. Oh well, on we go then"

6 Seasons Later

Lost writing team: "See fans! It is most definately NOT purgatory. Nosiree. The island is a cork that keeps the evil wine trapped in the bottle. See, thats different. Nope, not Purgatory at all. We told you the truth back at the beginning. Don't you see how we set this all up. Sneaky of us huh!"

Hah.

Well I for one never bought the purgatory idea, so whatevs. Was laughing a bit at the beginning where Richard and Hurley had dialogue about it. It's a pretty dick-ish move by the writers but also funny, writing into the show essentially "the purgatory theory is wrong!"

No major shockers with the Richard storyline really. Still a fun episode, especially watching bad guy monster devil-talk Richard into murdering Jacob. I like the idea that this was his first attempt and then he got better at it until it worked.

Huge theme with the eyes- Richard was told to close his eyes like three times, blindfolded, etc...

I felt like an idiot not being able to guess Hugo was talking to his wife in the beginning. Seems pretty obvious in retrospect.

The plugging up evil thing may not fit nicely into season 1, but it's not a bad fit with season 2, since that's where they introduced the idea of some weird "electromagnetic energy," which can now be matched with smokey monster/evil force.

LOL Recoil, could be.

However, there has always been white and black symbolism and good and evil, and Backgammon was introduced very early on. There's no escaping now that the whole show is a game of Backgammon (OR Chess or Stratego, etc). The island is the game board, the Players are Jacob and Smokey, and the candidates are the game pieces. I'm starting to beleive after last night's episode that Jacob doesn't actually care about the deaths of the victims of the island, except of that every one of the candidates that dies is one more game piece he has lost (or LOST ;) ) I've suspected they were going to turn the tables and show that Smokey isn't as bad as we think, or Jacob isn't as good as we think and last night made me feel Jacob certainly isn't as "Good" as we've been led to believe.

So the whole purpose of the island is to keep "the devil" in. Okay, saw that on the Twilight Zone, only it was John Carradine with a big damn stick.

Back in the day, Jacob didn't take shit from no one. If he hadn't been thinking of retirement, Ben would have had a few more bruises on him.

So, we know the what but not really the why or who. Who is Jacob? How was he appointed with his task? Who is Smokey, exactly? Has Jacob been looking for replacements for centuries, decades, or just the past few years? Since Jacob seems to have personally orchestrated so many of the crucial events of the show, why are there so many Others and what is their purpose, aside to hang out in temples and give cryptic responses. What were they doing in the years since the Purge? Why do they really care if they have babies, and why was Richard given the authority to leave the island to recruit Juliet for this purpose? It seems odd for Jacob to let a bunch of people live on what is essentially a metaphysical super-max prison for evil incarnate?

I'm not sure if any of these will be answered. Like a lot of things on LOST, they just kind of are, and as you become accustomed to them, you forget to ask why. I like the show and I'm dying to see how it turns out, but I think the holes in the fabric will really show through upon repeat viewings.

So the whole purpose of the island is to keep "the devil" in. Okay, saw that on the Twilight Zone, only it was John Carradine with a big damn stick.

Back in the day, Jacob didn't take shit from no one. If he hadn't been thinking of retirement, Ben would have had a few more bruises on him.

So, we know the what but not really the why or who. Who is Jacob? How was he appointed with his task? Who is Smokey, exactly? Has Jacob been looking for replacements for centuries, decades, or just the past few years? Since Jacob seems to have personally orchestrated so many of the crucial events of the show, why are there so many Others and what is their purpose, aside to hang out in temples and give cryptic responses. What were they doing in the years since the Purge? Why do they really care if they have babies, and why was Richard given the authority to leave the island to recruit Juliet for this purpose? It seems odd for Jacob to let a bunch of people live on what is essentially a metaphysical super-max prison for evil incarnate?

I'm not sure if any of these will be answered. Like a lot of things on LOST, they just kind of are, and as you become accustomed to them, you forget to ask why. I like the show and I'm dying to see how it turns out, but I think the holes in the fabric will really show through upon repeat viewings.
The others are all there to prove to Smokey that man is not inherently evil and he can make good choices. That's why Richard was put in his position was to be Jacob's rep.

Jacob's been bringing people to the island for at least 100 years, and told Smokey if he killed him, someone would replace him, so, it's been at least 100+ years ago Jacob's been recruiting for replacements

I like the show and I'm dying to see how it turns out, but I think the holes in the fabric will really show through upon repeat viewings.

I don't think we have to wait for repeated viewings for the holes.

You really plan on re-watching this thing? I assure you, I'll forget all about after the last internet post I make about the finale, a couple days after it airs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back