• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Because I wasn't crazy enough!

Re: Because I wasn\'t crazy enough!

Finished season one.

Status report: clearly "the Others" were after Walt, not Aaron. At least today they were. Charlie has now earned major points with Claire, and she's not pregnant any more, so that's good for him... however, taking heroin? Not quite so good. I was really afraid he was going to do that. Why couldn't Sayid have kept his mouth shut? Michael, Jin, and Sawyer are all lost at sea, with Sawyer possibly shot. Sun and Jin have been reconciled, however, as have Shannon and Sayid, apparently. Tragically I think they're gonna kill her off next season.

The hatch... leads somewhere. But anything associated with those numbers makes my skin crawl, so yeah. We'll see how that works out. Danielle is a little loopy at the moment. I'm not convinced that she lit the fire, however. The monster is a security system? But of course! And it sounds mechanical, yet looks like a puff of black smoke. Equally logical.

Oh, and the Black Rock's a boat! Slave ship, apparently. Indicating that this island has been playing by its own rules for quite a long time, now. Also, best line of the series so far?

"So how does something like that happen?" "Are you on the same island I am?"

"Lost" is SO cool! Since I'm the resident newbie re: B5, it's kinda fun listening to a "Lost" newbie.

This is a great, complex series that has so many twists and turns that I'm not sure the writers even know where they're going.

The Black Rock really surprised me. I'd never even contemplated that it would be anything other than a literal black rock. Props for that. So have you got Season 2 yet, Koshfan? Like I said before, the first 5 minutes will freak you out.

Netflix won't have season 2 for me for a while, meaning I'm essentially guaranteed to miss the first few episodes of season 3, and possibly set in my curse of watching really good TV shows... exclusively on DVD.

Actually, the DVD Box set for Season 2 comes out September 5, and the S3 episodes don't stare airing until Oct 4, so you may have a shot at getting all caught up, depending upon how busy your September may be. You could also possibly still buy the S2 episodes from iTunes right now, if you have a computer medium to watch them on. They're $1.99 an ep, or you could buy the S2 DVD set which is pre-selling on Amazon for only about $40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FIM...=UTF8&s=dvd

iTunes is also now offering whole seasons at a discount. Don't know the pricing; the only thing I've ever downloaded from there was the original cut of The Gathering (which I'll probably get around to watching one of these days.) But I did get an e-mail announcing the new "season pass" option.

Regards,

Joe

Joe, is the product you purchase from iTunes transferable to DVD? I've never used it myself, just curious if that might help KF to view at his leisure.

Joe, is the product you purchase from iTunes transferable to DVD? I've never used it myself, just curious if that might help KF to view at his leisure.

Legally? :) I don't know. I suspect there are restrictions. In my brief look around it seemed that you could download the file to an iPod, but I'm not sure about DVD burning. I'll have to check, since that would be my preference.

Joe

"You got some 'Arnzt' on ya."

arzt1vu7.jpg

I seriously LOL'd after I got over the shock of that little incident :)

It's a Hurley quote, and Hurley always pronounced it "Arnzt," much to Arzt's chagrin. :)

edit: and of course I just realized that you might have been quoting Arzt-correcting-Hurley to me as a counter. Or maybe you weren't... *sigh* It's been one of those days...

Yea, not an exact quote, but, yes, I was taking on Arzt's habit of correcting Hurley.

I suppose it might have been clearer had I bothered getting an exact quote, LOL.

Hmmm. So there's a big electromagnetic thingy under the island, and unless you punch in the numbers Hurley/Hugo hates so much every 108 minutes, something's going to happen. And it was all set in motion (or was it?) by the Dharma project. Except that film very clearly was not telling us everything. Who edited it, I wonder? And why?

Oh, and the Tailies have made their appearance.

Ermm, can we get a Lost spoliers warning on this thread? In the UK we are only a bit ahead of Koshfan, he's catching up fast!

Ermm, can we get a Lost spoliers warning on this thread? In the UK we are only a bit ahead of Koshfan, he's catching up fast!

I thought you were only a couple eps away from the S2 finale?

We are.

I can't believe it's nearly the end of the season.

With the Tailees making their appearance and KF referring to an edited film, sounds like he may not even be halfway through.

We get S3 on Oct 4, so we should be starting a S3 thread to protect those of yououtside our country (And Canada) who aren't downloading and don't want spoilers. Doesn't sound like KF can spoil you for awhile yet, though.

I'm only on ep 3 so far, nor will I be moving through S2 very quickly. Aside from the general slowness of Netflix, I have much less time to burn these days.

Back