• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

More comic book movies

Glacophane

Regular
I thought about just posting this in the X-Men thread but changed my mind. I don't know if anyone has heard about the new Punisher movie from Marvel Entertainment, but it really surprised me to find out that John Travolta has been cast as the main villian of the pic.

With all these comic-based movies, it's almost enough to start another forum...that is until the fad passes. :D

There's a lot of comic book movies coming out (Fantastic Four, Hellboy...etc.), but here are some that I would like to see (in order of importance)

#1: Green Lantern -- With the current state of CGI, they could probably do a really good job with the special effects... but the story itself (especially the Hal Jordan story from Emerald Dawn) is pretty good.

#2: Gen 13

#3: The Avengers

#4: The Flash

#5: Justice League (it'll never happen, but I'd love to see it nonetheless)

Justice League could be interesting. :)

I just wish that Rising Stars movie that JMS worked on would get made already. I am afraid it has just died or has been overlooked with all the other bigger name comic titles making their way to the big screen. :(

There are many that would make great movies, but most of them have such an in-depth back story Hollywood would definately change it. The Leage of Extrodinary Gentlemen is coming out soon, that looks good too. Rising Stars or Midnight Nation would make great films.

I've seen the bootleg copy of the Fantastic Four movie made yars again and it sucked big time. So did the Captain America movie (which I think right now would be a good movie to make).

I'd like to see a new Captain America movie myself. I've seen most of the first two, and they SUCKED. I mean... there was just SO MUCH wrong with those movies.

And I wanna see a movie based on Preacher sometime. I've heard that one was being worked on to some extent, but that it's more or less on indefinite hold right now. And there should be a movie based on other Alan Moore titles, such as V for Vendetta and Watchmen. Both would make excellent movies.

I'm really looking forward to the Fantastic Four movie. With the way they're making those kinds of movies these days it should be a helluva lot better than the piss-poor attempt way back when.

Captain America would be an interesting one to see as well. There are many comics and/or characters that would make great movies, but who knows how much longer these comics being made into movies will last.

There are many comics and/or characters that would make great movies, but who knows how much longer these comics being made into movies will last.
I'm not sure how long this will last. So far it looks like the X-Men is a lucrative franchise as well as Spiderman. As long as some of these are making money, I'm sure they will keep making them until one day people will get tired of every other movie being a comic-based movie. :p

Didn't they already make a Punisher movie? And didn't it star Dolph Lundgren?

For some reason, I have some vague memory of this.

I'd like to see the Silver Surfer, and Dr. Strange. Prince Namor wouldn't be bad either. I like Thor, but that would be hard to do without seeming really silly on film.

Yeah, Thor's dialogue alone would be enough to make me bust out laughing, that and the fact that he flys around by means of a sledgehammer.

For info on upcoming comic-to-movie projects, your best source is SuperHeroHype.com. Upcoming projects include:

Batman - rumors
Blade - Blade III production info
Catwoman - to star Halle Berry
Constantine - rumors
Daredevil - rumors, lots of stuff from the movie
Elektra - rumors, etc.
Fantastic Four - rumors, etc.
Ghost Rider - coming in late 2004, or 2005
Hellboy - starring Ron Perlman, coming in 2004
HULK - movie/cast info, opening June 20
Iron Fist - rumors, etc.
Iron Man - in early stages of development
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (LXG) - movie/cast info, opening in approximately 2 months
The Punisher - lots of updates
Spider-Man - lots of news/media on Spider-Man 2
Superman - rumors, etc.
X-Men - TONS of stuff

More hereoes include Wonder Woman, Batman vs. Superman, Men in Black, and coming soon, Conan, Namor, and Werewolf by Night

This kind of fits into this catagory and I didnt want to start a new thread. ;)

Anyways, Mark Hamill (you may remember him from such films as Corvetter Summer and The Guyver ;)) is making his directorial debut in a film called Comic Book:The Movie.

The first acquisition under the deal is the mockumentary Comic Book: The Movie, the directorial debut of Mark Hamill. Hamill also stars in the film as a comic fan hired to direct a documentary about his comicbook heroes Commander Courage and Liberty Ladd who then sets on a mission to save the characters from being exploited by Hollywood. Miramax plans a fall release.

The film also stars Donna D'Errico ("Baywatch"), with appearances by Sid Caesar, Stan Lee, Kevin Smith, Bruce Campbell, Hugh Hefner and Matt Groening. Comic Book: The Movie was filmed on location at the 2002 San Diego Comic-Con.

It being produced directly to video.

This kind of fits into this catagory and I didnt want to start a new thread. ;)

Anyways, Mark Hamill (you may remember him from such films as Corvetter Summer and The Guyver ;)) is making his directorial debut in a film called Comic Book:The Movie.

The first acquisition under the deal is the mockumentary Comic Book: The Movie, the directorial debut of Mark Hamill. Hamill also stars in the film as a comic fan hired to direct a documentary about his comicbook heroes Commander Courage and Liberty Ladd who then sets on a mission to save the characters from being exploited by Hollywood. Miramax plans a fall release.

The film also stars Donna D'Errico ("Baywatch"), with appearances by Sid Caesar, Stan Lee, Kevin Smith, Bruce Campbell, Hugh Hefner and Matt Groening. Comic Book: The Movie was filmed on location at the 2002 San Diego Comic-Con.

It being produced directly to video.

Indeed, a Punisher feature film was made, back in '89 I think. Dolph Lundgren was the lead, but the film was so crappy.. ya' see, this was back when Marvel only made low budget, and very low quality movies. So as a big fan of The Punisher from way back, I am looking forward to a newer, higher quality movie.

I actually bought the DVD of the old Punisher flick in the $5.98 bin at Wal-Mart.. that should tell you something. But I love it none the less.

And Travolta as the main villian? Could only be Jigsaw. It'd be interesting to see Frank bust up Saturday Night Fever's purrty' face.

I just hope its up to snuff. The X-men movies were well made, Spidey too. Don't let me down on The Punisher!! I like all my old comic favs getting made into movies. This is one fade I am digging.

I was never really into comic books, but I think I liked the Punisher. Wasn't he just this really angry bad-ass who slaughtered dozens of people all the time with a machine gun or something? That sounds like fun.

Heh-heh, Dolph Lundgren.

Do they have a lead for the new Punisher yet? I figure it should be a Stallone type fella, but they really don't have stars like that anymore in Hollywood.

I just wish that Rising Stars movie that JMS worked on would get made already. I am afraid it has just died or has been overlooked with all the other bigger name comic titles making their way to the big screen.

I just wish JMS would finish the bloody comic book first! :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back