• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Eilerson Look Annoyed, To You?

KoshN

Super Moderator
To me, he looks like this popup is so distasteful that he wants to squash it like a bug. :LOL:

scaretacticspopup.jpg

Great one KoshN! hehehehehehe... I'll have to grab a screencap of the ones form when they aired the movies, as they took up even more screen real estate!

-Tim

Goodness... you really have such vile things taking up screen space during shows? :confused: I mean, I've seen people talk about them... but my feeble non-American brain refused to believe that this is actually done.

I feel sorry for you.

And for Max for having to put up with this. :D

LOL! It does rather look as if his eyes are following that awful intrusion. Do they do that a lot on TV programs over there?

BTW, watched the first two episodes of Firefly tonight and I now see why you liked it :)

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Kribu: </font>
Goodness... you really have such vile things taking up screen space during shows? :confused: I mean, I've seen people talk about them... but my feeble non-American brain refused to believe that this is actually done.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Demon: </font>
LOL! It does rather look as if his eyes are following that awful intrusion. Do they do that a lot on TV programs over there?

Yes, channels over here in the US do that stuff with increasing frequency (and increasing popup size) every day. It seems that FOX, Sci-Fi and TNN are the worst. SEE what we have to put up with???!!! That's the US Sci-Fi Channel for you. :mad: The look on Eilerson's face is the only thing that makes it remotely bearable.

At least over here they just tend to squish up the credits at the end, irritating though that is!

The other horrible thing was the frequency: during Crusade, sci-fi channel would show that thing four times per episode. After the teaser, ~25 minutes, ~40 minutes in, and before the final act ~55 minutes in.

Ugh.

Where will it all end, with popups at 100% of the screen height, running continuously for the entire hour? :(

As it is now, they've gone too far. Hell, if they re-started Crusade now, and put Crusade popups on other shows, I'd be embarrassed for Crusade.

The Onion (the satire "newspaper") did an article a year or two ago where the headline was something along the lines of, "Sporting events completely unviewable due to on screen graphics". It was only a matter of time before everything else caught up!

-Tim

UPN69 did that here for this weeks Buffy episode. God it was a annoying. Here I thought watermarks were annoying, but I have to say these popups are becoming more common, and more annoying.

UPN69 did that here for this weeks Buffy episode. God it was a annoying. Here I thought watermarks were annoying, but I have to say these popups are becoming more common, and more annoying.

The popups are becoming more and more brazen. Sci-Fi should be ashamed to do the popup they did above. Next, they'll probably have sound that will drown out the show they're overlapping. I was watching "War Zone" from the April 2001 Sci-Fi airing last night, and the popups that so pissed me off then, look positively tame now. I think I'll watch TNT's 1999 airing next, just for the shock value of less obtrusive popups. :rolleyes:

Was this a planned thing, or did that just happen coincidentally during that particular part of the episode? :)

Rommie ;)

I've never seen pop ups like that while watching a show. Granted, I don't watch that much tv anymore. :p

Originally posted by Rommie:
Was this a planned thing, or did that just happen coincidentally during that particular part of the episode? :)

Rommie ;)

It could have been, since it was choreographed so well. I'd have to watch the rest of the episodes I recorded from the daytime rotation to see if they did on other advantageous places, to be sure. Still, it doesn't justify covering up almost half the screen height with the damned things. It was bad enough when they were within the margins of the lower letterbox (speaking of the approximate height only; I know Crusade has appeared full screen, so far.).

Originally posted by Nancy:
I've never seen pop ups like that while watching a show. Granted, I don't watch that much tv anymore. :p

Maybe "Space" doesn't do that. You guys with "Space" are so lucky. You're probably getting to see Brimstone without huge popup ads. for garbage shows stepping all over it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back