• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 S3 DVD Review over at Ain't It Cool

Re: B5 S3 DVD Review over at Ain\'t It Cool

'I mentioned a while back that Warner Bros. sent me the first season. They’re like crack dealers. Crafty.'

:D Trying not to laugh in computer class and this ain't helping.

-SG

Ugh, I despide AICN, good reviews or bad reviews. They're a bunch of immature, biased pricks. Of course, all critics will have biases, but AICN are downright prejudiced

What a frelled up amateur looking site. And I don't care much for critics who don't use their real names on the web.

I really hate AICN as well. I can't stand Hercules, who I swear is the alter-ego of Joss Whedon's publicist.

Harry Knowles is a shamless self-promoter.

However, there was a time a few years ago when there was a guy named Glenn (I forget his last name) who went by the moniker Glenn (fill in last name here) who was a huge B5 fan. He gave great reviews in the "Coaxial News" (TV) for all B5 episodes. Back in the day, AICN was actually a good time, getting scoops, and stirring things up in the movie and television realms... a tiny bit. I only check it now, out of a) "car crash interest", and b) seeing them quoting TV-Guide and calling it a scoop.

A few years back, when Glenn was running the TV news, it wasn't basically a guy (Hercules, as he calls himself) who wanted to have Joss Whedon's children. I enjoyed Buffy, I like Angel, but I will NEVER put them in the same league as B5, DS9, Jeremiah, or anything on HBO. Joss realized he had a cult following, and unlike the X-Files, he turned his "episode of the week" into an arc-based serial sci-fi/fantasy series very well. That doesn't mean as a critic that everything he does is great.

Firefly, a sore-spot here, because of the news of a feature film... well, it sucked.

The writers at AICN give it a blank check.

Its gone far south, but AICN once server a purpose. It still gets an amazingly high amount of traffic, despite the fact its still powered by a CGI-app, has a horrible design, and every!!! single!!! headline!!! has!!! exclamation!!! points!!!

'nuff said.

-Tim

A few years back, when Glenn was running the TV news, it wasn't basically a guy (Hercules, as he calls himself) who wanted to have Joss Whedon's children.

Glen Oliver. I agreed with him more often than not, but even when I didn't, I was always impressed by how insightful he was. He used to do work for IGN FilmForce, but I don't know what he's up to these days...

That is, hands down, the best description of "Hercules" I've ever heard. :LOL:

Thanks, Dave.

You also summed up my major feelings about AICN... Glen really gave his opinion, and viewed as a critic. He tried to put everything he heard and all preconceptions behind him when writing for AICN. Of course, I'm skewed, because he was the only writer there who LOVED B5.

Moriarity has seemed to have the same honest opinions as Glen did. I like him.

Herc is a schmuck. If its reality TV or Joss, it gets 5 stars, otherwise, its not worth his time. How about getting someone who enjoys the full spectrum of television in different and honest ways reporting on TV... instead of a cheerleader?

Over and out,

-Tim

That page looks so terrible, that I wouldn't even try to find anything useful there.. My little brother can do better pages with notepad...

Yeah, as a web programmer, the design does tend to offend quite a bit... not to mention the abuse of the exclamation point! Good design is hard to come by, especially with advertising online getting more and more obnoxious!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back