• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 character strings

Sheridanone

I was wondering if there might be any characters first explored in B5 carried over to B5LR. I am mainly interested in Sheridan and Delenn's son, David. There was a hint in the series of him and a mention of some sort of trouble that he caused (to his parents or the Alliance).
This string has intrigued me and I hope to have some story on him.
Also, will there be any more on Capt. Ivanova, Garibaldi, Dr. Franklin, Londo, Vir, Delenn as "the ONE who is," and the subjugation of Centauri Prime. I would think since the premise of B5LR is dealing with the aftermath of the Shadow War, then the fall of Centauri Prime under the Drakh rule would be a major plot line in this series. Thanks.
... and so it continues ...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheridanone:
Also, will there be any more on Capt. Ivanova,... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ivanova??? Maybe re-cast.
frown.gif
crazy.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

We probably won't see David - he's too busy at this age eating crayons and glue.

Right now the only one that probably CAN'T show up is Londo - he's stuck on Centauri Prime. The rest have excuses.
smile.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
We probably won't see David - he's too busy at this age eating crayons and glue.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

You guys are thinking too much inside the box. The beauty of a series created from LOTR is that it could go anywhere in the B5 universe where there are Rangers present. The every title, "Legend of the Rangers," virually states that. The crew of the Liandra need not be present for all episodes. Certainly David could be seen in Ranger training, given the right story line. The same with the demise of Lennier. G'Kar, acting for the IA and supported by the Rangers, could visit Londo on Centauri Prime (or elsewhere) without violating the Centauri trilogy canon. We could even see the forming of the Rangers by Valen. As shown by some of the more intelligent episodes of STTNG, anything is possible, and plausible if written correctly. And I don't think JMS woould allow something to be on the air unless it made sense (well, there was "Gray 17 is Missing," but everybody has bad days... didn't he say he had the flu?).

Think positive
wink.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
Certainly David could be seen in Ranger training, given the right story line.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, actually Channe is correct here. David would just be getting potty trained around the time this series hits. That wouldnt make for very exciting viewing.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
The crew of the Liandra need not be present for all episodes. Certainly David could be seen in Ranger training, given the right story line. The same with the demise of Lennier. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what you mean is having a kind of flash-forward episode with none of the present Rangers crew around (or make them quite a bit older!) - to show David Sheridan in ranger training?

Hmh. Possible, of course, but I personally don't see the point in it. We had one really important flash-forward thingy in B5, the death of Londo and G'Kar, and that served several important plot points.

Seeing the demise of Lennier - in a good flashback kind of way - sounds a lot more plausible, though. Perhaps even one of the current crew may have been present - in any case, I could understand such a flashback.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

What happens to David is explained in the Centauri trilogy of novels. I doubt the show would re-tread this same ground.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

If Rangers went to series, I think it would be cool to see B5 characters make appearances here and there, especially Sheridan, Delenn, and Ivanova.

And if JMS was to rive the Crusade story in Rangers, it would be cool to see Galen, Gideon, Dureena, and Dr. Chambers too.
smile.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

I'm not saying all of those ideas should happen, I'm saying they could happen. As I said before, the very title "Legend of the Rangers" opens up an entire range of possibilities. When this happens, it can be the story of the Rangers, and there's a LOT of good stories in that universe. Don't limit yourself to what is, think about what could be
cool.gif

As long as the story is possible, plausible, and properly done, I'm open to it... regardless, I just want this to come to a series, d*mn it!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

When and how does Lennier bite the big one, anyway? I was never quite clear on that. Not that he's one of my favorite characters (I often want to smack him), but I like closure, and not knowing how someone dies is not my idea of closure.

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because it's the only thing no one has figured out how to kill yet."

All JMS has said is that:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Lennier dies in battle in the Telepath War. He reportedly dies having "made it up" to Delenn. That's all we know. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

I'd like to see a guest appearance from Tony Todd reprising his character from "A Call to Arms". He's a fabulous actor, and really gave the character ... character! Of course, he was helped by some nice writing - I love the communication with his family before he goes into battle. And it would be nice to have him fleshed out, knowing his great destiny and ultimate self-sacrifice.

------------------

Maybe seeing Ta'Lon and Na'Toth again would be cool too.
cool.gif
They could have them help the Rangers in some way. Or maybe even Na'Toth could join the Rangers. She'd make a kick-ass Ranger IMHO.
laugh.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Ivanova??? Maybe re-cast.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very Unlikely.
If JMS decides to have an Ivanova guest shot, he'd use Claudia.

In spite of what happened, neither JMS nor Claudia has ever "closed the door" on her participation in some future project.

JMS HAS said that he's planning on using as many of the original B5 cast as possible in any B5 Movie that might happen.
That would include Claudia.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Very Unlikely.
If JMS decides to have an Ivanova guest shot, he'd use Claudia.

In spite of what happened, neither JMS nor Claudia has ever "closed the door" on her participation in some future project.

JMS HAS said that he's planning on using as many of the original B5 cast as possible in any B5 Movie that might happen.
That would include Claudia.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given all the time that's elapsed since B5 S4, I think it's very unlikely that he'll use Claudia. However, I hope I'm wrong.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I'd like to see a guest appearance from Tony Todd reprising his character from "A Call to Arms".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, since Liandra already seems to be haunted, why not have all the dead characters from B5 and Crusade show up?
smile.gif

Let's see, we could have Keffer, Morden, Deathwalker, Kosh (I and II), Brother Edward...

laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Well, since Liandra already seems to be haunted, why not have all the dead characters from B5 and Crusade show up?
smile.gif

Let's see, we could have Keffer, Morden, Deathwalker, Kosh (I and II), Brother Edward...

laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marcus
tongue.gif

(yes, dammit, I think he is dead. I for one chose not to treat the short story as cannon. I think it was partially written to shut up fans screaming for his return because of the cryotube thing.)

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, since A Call to Arms and Tony Todd's character's death is still a few years away, considering the timeline, I don't think we should consider the poor bloke dead yet.
wink.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

Back