• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

and so it ends ....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

alas , here we are at the end of an era . it is doubtfull that there will be a series for lotr and thus here i am saying a final farewell to you all . i have been frequenting these boards since the begining and to all things there is a time . its gone on too long , to live on is to leave behind joy and compassion because we know it to be transitory , of the moment .Now i am moving on .Babylon 5 was a great series when it aired and i will still be watching and odd episode of it from time to time but it has ended .I want to thank you all for engaging discussion ,thrilling conjecture and an even more exciting reparte. I hope that jms does well in all his future projects as he deserves it very much .i hope in some way that babylon5/jm has contributed to sci-fi in a way that takes it to a new level of entertainment ,i hope it pioneered sci-fi that are the sort of achievement that you remember ..

---------------------------------------
smile.gif
AND SO IT ENDS
smile.gif

Farewell to you all i might have made some mistakes with my arguments , i may have annoyed you from time to time but we have all different opinions dont we ? thats what makes us us ..

G O O D B Y E ..
Simon.P.Healy
u.k.
<a mailto="simon@babylonfive.co.uk">E mail me here</a>

Don't leave! Even if their MIGHT not be a show, there is always community here! It's not an average message board y'know! Come back and have some fun some time
smile.gif

------------------
If I tell you that everything I say is a lie, am I telling the truth?

Simon has started three threads about how there's not going to be a Rangers series in the last couple of days. He stated "reasons" that were exagerrated, contradictory, or blatantly untrue. He has been proven wrong and has not responded. I must conclude that he gets a kick out of annoying people on a messageboard.

*cough* troll *cough*

If you are truly leaving, Simon, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

There could be a series, you must have hope. Hope is the only thing someone hasn't found a way to kill! There will be more books to talk about! A true die-hard fan will stay with it! Are you one of us?

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another.
It changed the future .. and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future .. or others will do it for us.
It showed us that we have care for one another, because if we don't, who will?
And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places.
Mostly,though, I think it gave us hope .. that there can always be new beginnings .. even for people like us."

General Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Sleeping in Light" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Dude,

You started this thread a bit ago in the RANGERS forum. I suggest you excercise your S.T.F.U. privileges at this time.

Thanks,

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I've been with this list since it started up and it has occurred to me from time to time that it is odd that we are still talking and arguing about Babylon 5 three years later.

However, I've had the privilege of "meeting" a lot of very good people here and I don't want to lose touch with them. So, as long as Antony keeps this site open, I will be here.

To anyone who feels it is time to leave, then good-bye and good luck.
smile.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

from all the posts GKE has written i'm surprised GKE doesn't get that all the time.

------------------

Does anybody hear the fat lady singing? I don't ! so in all honesty Superbob is sticking around to split hairs with anybody who is willing to offer 'em up!
See ya in the warzone!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"
-------------------------
the present becomes the past, the past becomes history, history becomes legend, legend becomes myth, myth becomes obscurity! please pass the flarn!

I was rather suprised he didnt know what it meant too
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Well, I'd rather ask and know than be silent and remain ignorant.

Besides, people don't abbreviate these things for me. They yell them at me very loudly while pouring a drink on my head.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Simon posted his "goodbye" message twice? In the second message at the Rangers forum, I said that this situation is nothing like the Crusade one. I can understand his frustration, since the last few years haven't been easy for B5 fans, but this isn't a situation where JMS is feuding with the network because they tried to get him to change things too much. That made the return of Crusade very unlikely at that time. Also, that 1.7 rating for Rangers was still good enough for the no. 1 spot in SFC's top ten, according to Sci-Fi Wire. I feel much better about the chances for Rangers than I did with Crusade. Yes, I get frustrated, too, but I keep reminding myself that things are really not that bad.

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you.
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Am I the only one astonished that GKE didn't know what STFU stood for?
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Kosh 1] "No." [/Kosh 1]

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 11, 2002).]

Not only did LoTR get a 1.7 average, where the football game was over it got what, a 3.2 Scifi knows that they have a shot at a killer new series that already has a huge and loyal fan base. That and with all the letters and emails that we have been writing they are probally begining to see how big of a fan base it actually has. I'm not saying that they will for sure make the series because you know as well as i do that they are human and humans can make some of the biggest, dumbest mistakes without even thinking about it. As long as JMS is still writing and as long as Antony keeps this site open then i will be here pissing people off as usual. but, if you are leaving then...
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "bye."
Curly Bill. Tombstone <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sinc
Jerome Easter

------------------
I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the one.

[This message has been edited by Teekas Dragon (edited February 12, 2002).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back