• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Fourteen Words To Make Someone Fall In Love

jaxb5ranger

Beyond the rim
Elric and the Technomage books never specifically told us, but I am certain these are the words:

-

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
"You musta really been something before electricity. Wanna make fourteen bucks the hard way?" -Caddyshack
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
-Devin Barber

lol

God we could have oso much fun with this thread in NC-17.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Money: the most powerful aphrodesiac known to man; however, flowers work almost as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

*LMAO* Nooo, I think maybe the words would be something more of romantic in nature. Maybe something similar to something written by Shakespeare? That's how I always pictured it, anyway.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I just figured that the mages used a little chemical assistance to make people fall in love. Believe me, I've tried every possible combination of words on women- they don't work.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Here they are:

Hey Baby, how about a romantic night of dinner at my salad bar, huh?

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> a little chemical assistance <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there is now a company making a drink coaster for bars that will Test a drink to see if someone is using "chemical assistance" to make a woman fall in love with him.

You place a drop of the drink on a sensitive spot on the bar coaster.
If it changes color, it's got a little something "extra" in it.

Signs of the Times.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------

More on topic, I believe that the Centauri trilogy said that the 14 words only work if the seeds of love are already There.

That was the Tragic aspect of Vir's use of them.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"Hi. I just won ninety million dollars in Powerball. Would you like a drink?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> that depends on if you want a new best friend.
lol.gif

------------------
"I don't want anyone's pity. I don't need anybody's pity. All I know is that I am tired of being controlled. Controlled by others, by fear, by my past, by what everybody else expects of me and it's enough." -Garibaldi-

Bakana,

Awww, that's not good.
frown.gif
Or, maybe they do work, but hypnosis is also implemented. That is, if there isn't any love present.

On another note, I still need to finish that series.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

If all you have to do is say the 14 words to a person to make them love you forever, how does the info get taught to new technomages? I mean, their mentor can't just say the 14 words, 'cause I think that would cause problems. Maybe not all the time, given what bakana said about there having to be the seeds of love there, but . . .

On another note, I'd think that any use the words would be tragic and very wrong. Anything that robs someone of free will to that extent is wrong. It sounds like a great thing at first, but the consequences are heavy.

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because it's the only thing no one has figured out how to kill yet."

re: Powerball and friends
from the pilot for the sitcom My Two Dads as Paul Riser's character pursues a pretty blonde:

PB: "I just want us to be friends."
PR: "That's all I want too."
PB: "How do you define 'friend'?"
PR: "Friend: someone whom I have seen naked at least once. Want to know how I define 'best friend'?"

Back to topic;
If all it came down to was 14 words, my original quote from Dangerfield and any of the other 14 word combos here would work - methinks even using the Techno-mages 14 words would need some sort of assistance in addition to the little seed of love that must be present.

You can teach the learning Techno mage the words without activating the effect either by not addingin the "boost" or by breaking up the lesson ("Wow, teacher, I very nearly fell in love with you. Glad you stopped at 12...")

other possibilities:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue;
I've got twelve fingers:
That's normal, plus two

"I've never felt this way about someone.
We speak each other's unspoken language - fluently." -John Cuszack's character in
The Sure Thing

"In the event of a water landing, I've been designed as a flotation device." -Data in Insurrection

------------------
-Devin Barber

Many seem to misunderstand the point.

It makes falling in love easier.
It helps to realize things which are already there.
It never creates love. Creating love is impossible.
Neither can it destroy an existing love.

Nobody guarantees it will work.
With some people, it will never work.
With others, it will never last.
Only with the right people.
Only then will it work.
And last.

Because these people had the prerequisites to fall in love, and continue loving each other. The spell only brought things to attention, caused them to realize their feelings. It accelerated the process.

Try making a Shadow fall in love with a Vorlon. Unless these are the right Shadow and the right Vorlon, you get zapped out of existence.
laugh.gif

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited February 23, 2002).]

Thirteen words will do. Try: I have a ten inch tounge and I can breathe through my ears.

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back