• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Some TLaDiS Screencaps

KoshN

Super Moderator
B5 Barely Rotating
B5%20Barely%20Rotating.jpg

Dulann/Kafta Clip (that JMS says isn't there)
Dulann-Kafta%20Clip.jpg

Liandra Jumppoint at Epsilon 3 (I thought I saw a jumpgate structure at the lower left, but it appears that they did indeed open a jumppoint instead of using the jumpgate that was there)
Liandra%20Exit%20Jump%20Epsilon%2001.jpg

Valen Ramming the Snowflake Ship (comparison of their sizes). In some thread somewhere I said the snowflake was about 50% the size of the Valen. This is where I got that idea.
Valen%20rams%20Snowflake%2001.jpg

I've been trying to upload these to lycos.co.uk for days, but it's been in a coma (under maintenance or just unresponsive). Today, after fighting with the damn thing for a few more hours, I got 'em up there. It reminds me of the computers at work (Are they broken or just slow; it's hard to tell.)

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whitestar90:
Nice screen caps
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. They're all raw (no alterations except for cropping, and addition of text to the first one).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 19, 2002).]

They look great.

Refresh my memory. I remember JMS replying with something like, "Recheck your tape, it ain't there." Trouble is, I can't remember what the "it" was in the clip you referred to. What did he deny was in there?

Forgetfully yours,

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
They look great.

Refresh my memory. I remember JMS replying with something like, "Recheck your tape, it ain't there." Trouble is, I can't remember what the "it" was in the clip you referred to. What did he deny was in there?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kafta's face in Dulann's vision.

Dulann's vision happened BEFORE David and Kafta fought. My comment was that Dulann was seeing the future (having a prophesy) since this hadn't happened yet. Dulann had his vision before they even lifted off from Minbar.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

The last shot when I watched it looked like they took a picture of B5 and manipulated it in 2d since they probably didn't have the model to render it. Therefore they couldn't rotate it much or it would be really noticable.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Kafta's face in Dulann's vision.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I thought JMS was denying that there was a beat up face of Kafta in Dulann's vision? At least that was my impression of the discussion:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>JMS at RASTB5M on 1.21.2001:
In Dulann's vision (when he was in the hallway of the Liandra, checking systems before they took off), he saw Minister Kafka, the right side of his face already beaten up. This hadn't happened yet.

Recheck your tape...that shot ain't there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The part in italics was Mac (aka KoshN?) I believe.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

Yup, Lyta, that's the impression I got when reading that post.

Methinks either JMS forgot, someone else put it in, or the editors had a field day. Either way, it's there, and I most definitely saw it...

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
The part in italics was Mac (aka KoshN?) I believe.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. That was mine.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Channe:
Methinks either JMS forgot, someone else put it in, or the editors had a field day. Either way, it's there, and I most definitely saw it...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, was this an "Oops" ... or is JMS teasing/misdirecting us? Hard to tell.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 20, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
Thanks! Off to look for it!
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming back from commercial:
00:00:00 On Minbar. Small ships flying past the Valen, and over the Liandra (left to
right). Cut to David and Dulann. David slamming cover shut (several times, breaking some glass containers).

00:02:10
Dulann's flash
00:02:27

Dulann's flash comes after he hits the panel (to get it working) and camera goes behind him. The frames really start to go by quickly and somebody (from the ghost crew) says "There's no way out."

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Hmm, I thought JMS was denying that there was a beat up face of Kafta in Dulann's vision? At least that was my impression of the discussion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, let me try to clarify what I was trying to say ... my impression that I got from JMS' comment was that he was denying the fact that it was a -beat up- face of Kafta and not that the image of Kafta wasn't there at all. I can't tell from the screen caps if his face is beat up at all, but it doesn't look like it to me. *shrugs*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

I can't tell from the screen caps if his face is beat up at all, but it doesn't look like it to me. *shrugs*

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, look at the left side of the pictures. That side of his face is green.
crazy.gif

Here's Kafta from the interrogation scene.
Kafta%20Interrogation%2001.jpg

Check out the same side of his face. Again, green. That's where he was bruised and bloodied.

If that's what JMS meant, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> If that's what JMS meant, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's what JMS meant, he probably didn't WRITE the script that way and someone screwed up because that shot was Not Supposed to be there.

It's happened before. FX guys having fun.
People using the wrong source for stuff.

Once, the company that ran the Satellite service that sends stuff to the various Broadcast stations somehow managed to remove some of the CGI from an episode before they sent it to the stations.
It was the episode where Londo & Morden met in the garden maze after Morden destroyed the first Narn outpost.
The Garden was CGI.
A large part of it was Missing from the episode on the first broadcast.
They fixed it as soon as JMS heard about it and re-sent the episode to all the stations.
Some stations hadn't broadcast it yet, so their viewers never knew there was a problem.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
If that's what JMS meant, he probably didn't WRITE the script that way and someone screwed up because that shot was Not Supposed to be there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then he should have said:

<font size=2 color=#FF0000>"Those shots of Kafta should never have been in that clip, and it was a mistake that wasn't caught. I never intended Dulann to be a prophet."</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
It's happened before. FX guys having fun.
People using the wrong source for stuff.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, like the initial WB/Sci-Fi Widescreen errors (cropped 4:3 pseudo widescreen, the teapot, etc.).

Once, the company that ran the Satellite service that sends stuff to the various Broadcast stations somehow managed to remove some of the CGI from an episode before they sent it to the stations.
It was the episode where Londo & Morden met in the garden maze after Morden destroyed the first Narn outpost.
The Garden was CGI.
A large part of it was Missing from the episode on the first broadcast.
They fixed it as soon as JMS heard about it and re-sent the episode to all the stations.
Some stations hadn't broadcast it yet, so their viewers never knew there was a problem.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This makes me wonder just how much could be left open to screw-ups. You'd think that after they had the episode put together, that it would have been perfected, and would stay perfected, like they were playing a master tape. After the master is made, it's done, and random errors don't start coming out of the woodwork.

In the episode that had the CGI garden, what was there, green screen?

The thing is that this Dulann/Kafta clip showed up identically in all three airings.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 20, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Well - let's quit arguing about it. Someone ask him in rastbm, already.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did. He's not talking, ... and he's probably pissed at me for asking, and then more pissed at me for posting the link to the clip.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Or he could be busy. You seem to be taking this awfully personally. I am sure he's not out to get you. Get over it.

------------------
"I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." -Mr. Burns in "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part Two"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
Or he could be busy. You seem to be taking this awfully personally. I am sure he's not out to get you. Get over it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not taking it personally. Undoubtedly, he is busy. However, I'm commenting on a sudden change in activity. He was responding, regularly*, and told everybody I was wrong about the Dulann/Kafta clip. When I presented my proof, he quit responding. He has responded to other questions since then.

Take that for what it is.

Now, maybe he just missed it, being busy and all, but it's been up on rastb5m in at least three posts, so I kind of doubt that.

* 80% of the Lurker's Guide "JMS Speaks" Legend of the Rangers answers he provided, are responses to my questions. I was amazed by this, and hadn't expected to get any responses.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 21, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
* 80% of the Lurker's Guide "JMS Speaks" Legend of the Rangers answers he provided, are responses to my questions. I was amazed by this, and hadn't expected to get any responses.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He obviously fears the wrath of the mighty Vorlon Empire.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back