• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anybody Seen Ads. For The B5 Season 1 R1 DVDs Yet?

KoshN

Super Moderator
I haven't, in print or on TV. The release date is only 2 weeks away. What's Warner Home Video waiting for?

For the sky to fall /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifHopefully not /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifI have not seen anything either but then again who can figure WB out.I will let you know if I see anything but I think we may not see anything until a couple days before the release.Just a guess.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Shaal Mayan: </font color>
...but then again who can figure WB out?

[/quote]

True. It's similar to "Who can figure The Sci-Fi Channel out?" It's foolish to attempt, because to do so, will only drive you mad. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Ads usually don't turn up until the week before a release happens. The WB flash site made no mention of television advertising (which is rare for DVDs other than big screen blockbusters.) They did list several SF publications (so if you don't read them, you won't see the ads) and they did mention several web sites they will be advertising on. Since web advertising is "real time" they may not show up until a day or two before the release date, or the release date itself. The idea is to motivate people to buy the discs - there's not much point in motivating them when they can't buy the discs if they go to the store looking for them.

Regards,

Joe

Just to echo Joe's point, I have now seen a couple of ads in British TV mags for the R2 release, and both said in big letters - "OUT NOW".

Presumably these were in the works before the release date was delayed and couldn't be pulled for some reason. It does however indicate to me that WHV are not planning to hit the ad trail until they are actually on the shelves and ready to be bought.

I have not seen any adds anywhere. Not much publicity except for here and Warner Brothers web site.

However, I see that it is No 21 on Amazon this morning. It has been fairly high for several months.

It is also #6 on the Box Sets ranking this morning also. I think it has been under the top 60 since Amazon started taking pre-orders. I think sales are going very well atleast at Amazon.

Cerberus

the was a ad in the new total dvd magazine (uk mag) A whole page just for B5 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif looked cool

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
In TV Guide there was an ad for Columbia Houses B5 DVDs

[/quote]

But that doesn't count as an ad for the boxed set. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Re: Anybody Seen Ads. For The B5 Season 1 R1 DVDs

Over the weekend in the Philadelphia PA area there were adds both on Sci-Fi and the WB network /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In the Sunday Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Best Buy has an ad for the B5 Season 1 (R1) set for $79.99. I know it's not a good price but at least they have a picture of it there. The text of the ad. is "Digitally-enhanced DVD includes audio commentary from creator Michael Straczynski".

Back