B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old April 26th 18, 02:04   #11
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: Possible 2018 San Diego Comic Con Panel

And word on the street is that Stan Lee has been pushed well beyond his stamina for the sake of the cash, but that's off-topic.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th 18, 14:25   #12
Looney
Ambassador

(Hey everyone! It is Jan's birthday today so we should plan a surprise party.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!!!!!
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th 18, 14:31   #13
Jan
Psi Cop

Thank you, Looney! So far it's a good one!
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st 18, 02:13   #14
hypatia
First One

Darn, sorry I missed it. Happy birthday, Jan!
Old July 10th 18, 14:49   #15
Looney
Ambassador

SO I was at a party Saturday night and I ran into an old boss. He has gotten into business with the host of the party. The host is a serious autograph hound. He has hundreds, if not thousands, of autographs and selfies with all manner of celebrity. He travels to New York and Los Angeles regularly and somehow tracks down celebrities in the wild. Anyway, I find his lifestyle fascinating, but that isn't the point of this story. The point is that these two went into the collectible toy business together. My former boss was telling me that he was headed to a toy show early in the morning to try to make money at a booth. Then he told me how he dreamed of getting a booth at SDCC. I had to relay Jan's tale of woe. Of course, it is probably easier to get a booth as long as you can pay for it. I honestly can't imagine there is even much profit in those booths anymore, at least at SDCC. Sure there will be people who come just to shop, but what if they don't shop at your booth?! How will you make up the likely insane cost to have a booth? And is having a booth even possible? I mean it is next to impossible to get tickets so what are the odds there are open slots for booth rentals?!
Old July 10th 18, 16:15   #16
Jan
Psi Cop

If you have contact info, this is the page he'll want to watch. Chances are the forms for 2019 will be up shortly after this year's con.
https://www.comic-con.org/forms

I don't know what regular booths/tables usually go for but considering that SDCC has a *huge* collector attendance and the attendance is about 230K, that seems like good odds for making money.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old July 10th 18, 19:01   #17
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
If you have contact info, this is the page he'll want to watch. Chances are the forms for 2019 will be up shortly after this year's con.
https://www.comic-con.org/forms

I don't know what regular booths/tables usually go for but considering that SDCC has a *huge* collector attendance and the attendance is about 230K, that seems like good odds for making money.
Thanks for the info Jan. I will pass it along. I'm not going to lie this guy talks big about dreams like this, but I highly doubt he would ever follow through. Like I said I used to work for this him, so I know he is all talk. Having said that his new partner is not. If I tell the partner this information then my old boss might be forced to follow through and end up in San Diego. LOL
Old July 17th 18, 13:53   #18
Looney
Ambassador

Very soon Jan will be on her way to San Diego. As our only known Babylon 5 representative I think we should all wish her the best of luck in having a good time while spreading the good word.
Old July 17th 18, 14:50   #19
Jan
Psi Cop

Thanks, Looney. I'm leaving for San Diego Thursday evening. Note, however that the only thing even semi-related to B5 will be the Ellison Celebration. I'm not even planning on taking my B5 lanyard with me for this trip.
Old July 17th 18, 15:08   #20
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Thanks, Looney. I'm leaving for San Diego Thursday evening. Note, however that the only thing even semi-related to B5 will be the Ellison Celebration. I'm not even planning on taking my B5 lanyard with me for this trip.
SAY WHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Have I ever seen you not wearing that lanyard?!?!?!?!?!?! Oh yeah, you didn't where it when we were painting the town in Houston , but I certainly never saw you cross a convention threshold without it. Will they even let you in?!

So I suppose this means you won't be walking around holding up a poster that says,

"SDCC 2018 IS IGNORING THE BABYLON 5 25TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!"

Hey maybe they'll say the 25TH Anniversary is next year because of Midnight on The Firing Line.