• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Any Chance We Could Have a "B5 FAQ" Area added to "Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers" ?

Re: Any Chance We Could Have a "B5 FAQ" Area added to "Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers

We do actually have the FAQ system we could use. Admittedly I'd have to give people permission to use that, so maybe a forum thread thing would be better.

Thoughts anyone else?

Re: Any Chance We Could Have a "B5 FAQ" Area added to "Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers

I think an additional forum would be satisfactory. How do you see that working, KoshN? Separate topics for questions, or would a sticky post in B5.world work as well to dump it all in?

I think an additional forum would be satisfactory. How do you see that working, KoshN? Separate topics for questions, or would a sticky post in B5.world work as well to dump it all in?

I'm not sure how the permissions could work, i.e. I don't know what's possible.

The FAQ threads themselves in:

Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers
--B5 FAQ

...should be read-only for everybody except the authors of those FAQs, and Administrators. We don't want it like Wikipedia where just anybody can come in and make changes willy-nilly. Only the FAQ author should normally be able to make changes. Administrators should also be able to make changes if necessary, but that should rarely be necessary.

Discussion of the FAQs, including requested changes and justification for those changes, would take place in "B5 world" or "B5 related" depending whether the FAQ was about the actual show, or about the DVDs and/or books. For example when Jan mentioned that for the first time viewer, that nothing should come between "Objects at Rest" and "Sleeping in Light", I saw her point, agreed with it, and made what I think was an appropriate change.

How's that sound?

That sounds intriguing. I will investigate what is possible with thread permissions and discuss with the admin/mod group.

That sounds intriguing. I will investigate what is possible with thread permissions and discuss with the admin/mod group.

Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back