• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon Squared and the Triluminary?

Sindatur

Regular
All season long in S1, Delenn is shown building the tower for the Chrysalis chamber, and when she faced the Grey council to tell them she didn't wish to lead, she wished to learn more about the humans, the one Grey Council member approached her at the end with the Triluminary, and she resisted it, like she had no purpose for it, until he cajoled her into taking it talking about Prophecy. What was Delenn building that tower for, if she wasn't expecting to get a Triluminary to change to her S2 form?

Maybe it was the fact that she was afraid to take the triluminary at first. Or that she thought that it might not be necessary. It could be that she built the tower all along hoping that she'd never have to use it for the purpose that it was ultimately built for.

That makes sense, thanks.

I guess knowing the rest of the story, and what Delenn ultimately became, it's hard to imagine Delenn being fearful early on.

I'm under the impression that she didn't know what she would turn into. She just knew she would change into something that would bring her and the humans together. I could be wrong, though.

I'm under the impression that she didn't know what she would turn into. She just knew she would change into something that would bring her and the humans together. I could be wrong, though.
Oh, I definitely agree she didn't know what she'd turn into. I just was surprised by her building the tower all season long, but, seeming not to have any intention of getting a power core (The Triluminary) for it

Those darn Minbari. =) I guess I look at it like some kind of Buddhist sand painting. They do it for the joy, and it's beautiful, then they destroy it in the end. Doing it brings them peace, though. Maybe that's what it was all about?

sandpainting2.jpg

Delenn discussed the change with the Grey Council -- we know this because Hedronn tells us in "Points of Departure" that they told her to wait (although I agree none of them knew what she would become). We didn't see these discussions because they would have blown the surprise. I assume that at this point the council told her not to use the Triluminary -- but clearly one of the Council disagreed, and gave her one of the three anyway. I surmise Delenn was doing her pyramid building all season in faith that the Council would eventually agree with her. As it was, with the Triluminary in hand and with a higher power (Kosh) urging her on, she acted more or less alone.

Delenn discussed the change with the Grey Council -- we know this because Hedronn tells us in "Points of Departure" that they told her to wait (although I agree none of them knew what she would become). We didn't see these discussions because they would have blown the surprise. I assume that at this point the council told her not to use the Triluminary -- but clearly one of the Council disagreed, and gave her one of the three anyway. I surmise Delenn was doing her pyramid building all season in faith that the Council would eventually agree with her. As it was, with the Triluminary in hand and with a higher power (Kosh) urging her on, she acted more or less alone.

So, you're thinking I misread her misaprehension.

I'd love to read all the "Prophesy"s". Remember, IMHO, they were written by "Valen", who knew.:D When did Delenn know (or suspect) Valen's identity? She recognized B4 as the battlestation that Valen arrived with: when? When it was being built, pre B5 via studies of "the Humans"?:D

I also got that impression, which was later confirmed when she emerged from the crysalis covered in that stone skin she said something like "What am I?".

I'd love to read all the "Prophesy"s". Remember, IMHO, they were written by "Valen", who knew.:D When did Delenn know (or suspect) Valen's identity? She recognized B4 as the battlestation that Valen arrived with: when? When it was being built, pre B5 via studies of "the Humans"?:D

I don't remember the exact details but in War Without I & II, Delenn does give some insight about what she knew and when she knew it, as she is showing the historical footage.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back