• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Matt Smith Dr Who

So, we here in the US got the second Angel episode last night. I liked it more than the first. I totally squeed when I realized (before they actually full-on spelled it out) that when they jumped, they ended up in the gravity field of the ship. That was definitely fun.

Yeah, it was a good one, and the gravity field solution was apt. My only problem with the ep is that I find it rather weak to think that the Angels would assume the blind Amy could see, and thus not attack her, if she "walked like she could see." I know the Dr. had nothing else to offer, but it shouldn't have worked at all. The Angels hardly ignored the others because they thought they could see.

IMO, we will eventually get more about the Time War and the end of the Time Lords. This is why we keep seeing the Daleks, since they were part of it. I'm now wondering if this recurring crack in the space-time continuum might be caused by, or actually be a product of, the Time Lords themselves. Perhaps we will see them live again. Remember the Dr.'s comment that time could be rewritten? Also, surely the person River Song was imprisoned for killing is a future regeneration of the Doctor. Just speculation, of course...

I agree, the Amy walking like she could see was stretched. I think it would've worked better if it had been more that the Angels were hesitant to attack/kill her because they weren't sure if the Angel that was in her was in control of her or not. Or if they were hesitant to attack her because they could sense that she's connected to the rip in time and they were unsure what would happen if they killed her.

And yeah, the last bit of River Song in this episode made me, too, think that it was the Doctor that she had killed. That could also be part of why she was so willing to sacrifice herself in the library or whatever it was back when David was still the Doctor.

I agree, the Amy walking like she could see was stretched. I think it would've worked better if it had been more that the Angels were hesitant to attack/kill her because they weren't sure if the Angel that was in her was in control of her or not. Or if they were hesitant to attack her because they could sense that she's connected to the rip in time and they were unsure what would happen if they killed her.

Yes, both much more plausible reasons. I might modify it to say that since they knew an Angel was forming in her, they didn't want to kill her.

Agree with VL and JJ.

If indeed River killed/kills the Doctor, I have to believe it was not out of malice, but, because she didn't know who he was, or it was an accident, or instructions directly from him. I don't believe, from what we've learned of her so far, that she actually set out to kill the Doctor after knowing him.

And yea, that crack in the universe could very well be our ticket back to the Timelords' existence

I had never seen Doctor Who when the updated series started in 2005. I've really enjoyed the 5 years so far and wanted to check out the old stuff. I'm almost done with the Tom Baker years and I must say I hope they bring back all the Time Lords. I liked the old episodes with other Time Lords and life on Gallifrey and after 5 years without them it would be nice to have them back again. Maybe in the course of them coming back we'll learn more about what the Doctor did during the war.

Also I'm glad they've resolved the companion loving the doctor thing. It was nice the one time with Rose but I've really disliked having the companions always falling for the doctor. I think that's why I liked Donna so much.

When you meet the Dream Lord, you may get an inkling as to why River might kill the Doctor in the future.

Spoiler for for Dream Lord:
Although he may well at this time have been a hallucination brought on by pollen, that was only the means by which he took form. It's pretty explicit though unsaid, by the way that the Doctor acknowledges him, and by his description of him (heck even the way he's dressed and I had him pegged from the bow tie), that the Dream Lord is to all intents and purposes... The Valeyard.

I actually enjoyed vampire fish; I thought it was funny in a full-on silly way. I liked the new take on lack of reflection for vampires.

We recently had a Chris Chibnell two parter, in which group dynamics were placed under PRESSURE and STRESS and there was CONFLICT. Ho-hum. The following one with Van-Gogh looks better.

We recently had a Chris Chibnell two parter, in which group dynamics were placed under PRESSURE and STRESS and there was CONFLICT. Ho-hum. The following one with Van-Gogh looks better.

Yeah the ending of that one really has split a lot of people down the middle.

The Vincent episode we have just watched in the UK was penned by Richard Curtis. I thought it was possibly the best episode of this season (so far). Very touching.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back