• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Netflix--Eternal Sunshine

Quagmire

Regular
I've had Netflix since just after the new year and I have to wonder why I waited. I haven't run into a single problem yet.

The most recent flick I saw with this was "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", just a really good movie. Maybe someone other than Jim Carrey could have pulled this off better but he didn't ruin it as I feared. The whole thing was just a nice little examination of relationships and their value even if they're doomed to fail.

I have Bill Hicks on the way per recomendation for GKeye I belive but they actually had to skip it last time because it had a 'short wait' status. I wonder if anyone else on the board had it from my area because it seems so odd that a decades old, somewhat cult, standup disc would be in demand.

The only Jim Carrey movie I've ever really liked and of course the cute-as-all-hell Kate Winslet.

I dig the flick- lots of good feeling, surprisingly tender moments, mixed in with metaphysical mumb-jumbo and silliness.

I love Jim C. in anything he does. After seeing him in the Truman Show, I was pretty impressed by his acting. People tend to only see him as a goof-off, but I really enjoy everything he does, whether it's silly or serious. I've always thought that in order to be really good at comedy, you had to be a damn good actor in some form.

He did mimic Kaufman pretty well.

Saw Mystic River last night. The acting was good but I think they checked every box for drama cliches on the scriptotron 3000.

After being very pleased with Netflix I've run into a problem the last couple of weeks. They seem to be taking an increasingly long amount of time from when they receive one movie and ship out the next. When I first had it they always got them out on the same day now it takes two to three days every time.

Has anyone else had this problem? My concern is that the drop in service may coincide with the end of my introductory period, that they figure I'm hooked and not going anywhere.

Maybe they're just shifting distribution centers, or one near you was closed or something. Pop 'em an email, or even quit. Sometimes they offer you half price.

I did the research on the net about peoples experiences. It seems fairly common for people to be "slowed down" when they reach a certain capacity level of rental number.

Those who are new (noaccumulated number of rentals yet) or those who don't rent often seem to keep a fairly quick level of service, both in and out of Netflix. But once you reach certain numbers of rentals for a given period, many folks report stalling of the Netflix processing and mailouts.

And then there seems to be a notable number who have been tagged with Unreturned fees for the last set of movies they have to return after they cancel their subscription.

I bailed before my intro period ran out, and I did so in a way they could not claim they never recieved the movies. Therefore, I can't say myself about these issues, but there were a lot of similar stories around the net, on various sites. I like the service concept, but I just don't trust Netflix.

After being very pleased with Netflix I've run into a problem the last couple of weeks. They seem to be taking an increasingly long amount of time from when they receive one movie and ship out the next. When I first had it they always got them out on the same day now it takes two to three days every time.

Has anyone else had this problem? My concern is that the drop in service may coincide with the end of my introductory period, that they figure I'm hooked and not going anywhere.
I am a new Netflix member, so I haven't had this happen yet, but I do have friends who mentioned that exact thing. After being a member a while, it takes longer for them to turn around movies. I hope that doesn't become the case for me...

I don't rent that often, and the turn-around time for me is faster than they claim. Might it not have to do with the speed of the mail, too? My distribution center is about 4-5 hours drive away from me. I'd think that's one of the farther centers, actually.

But I do take a long time to return them, I confess. I tend to watch over the weekend, and not as much during the week.

My distribution center is about an hour away. I put them in the mail and the next morning I have an email notification that they movies have arrived then later that same day I get a notification saying my new ones have been sent. This week for example I sent in 3 movies on Wed and Friday I recieved 3 new ones. Occasionally I have one that takes an extra day or two but I always figured it was because they had to send it from a different location. If I watched a lot of movies, I could definately get 9 or so dvd's a week as long as they came from the same center. But I dont think I could watch that much.

My distribution center is like, 30min away. I think the processing time they are talking about, isnt how long it takes videos to get to and from them, its once they have them, its taking them a couple days to send out the next one.

Right now, mine works as yours does, but I think some folks are saying that after a while, it slows down a bit and they arent as quick to turn them around...

but I think some folks are saying that after a while, it slows down a bit and they arent as quick to turn them around...

Ahhhhh..Ok I must have misread the post then. Maybe some of the people working there are new or they were takin a break instead of gettin the movies in the mail. :p

You can track when Netflix receives the discs and when they send them out on their site more accurately than with the emails. The time between an expected delivery date being posted and the time I get the movie is the same it just takes them longer to post a date. Some movies are labeled shipping today for a couple of days before a date is posted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back