• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doctor Who: The End of Time (You have been Warned)

I mentioned POW... I knew it was in the transition between Ecclestone and Tennant but I wasn't sure which Doctor said it. It was actually from the Christmas Invasion.

I mentioned POW... I knew it was in the transition between Ecclestone and Tennant but I wasn't sure which Doctor said it. It was actually from the Christmas Invasion.
Thanks I'll have to pull it out and watch it.

Actually I was confused also, as I thought POW was the end of S2, not the finale for Eccelstone

Thanks I'll have to pull it out and watch it.

Actually I was confused also, as I thought POW was the end of S2, not the finale for Eccelstone

No that was Doomsday... I can see your confusion as Billy Piper was in both and it kind of makes more sense as a title when the characters part company (rather than in the actual episode of Parting of the Ways, the Doctor regenerating).

Rassilon was never really confirmed as being dead. Remember from The Five Doctors, he wore the Ring of Rassilon, which granted immortality, but was keyed only to his DNA and imprisoned any other would-be wearer of the ring to an eternal imprisonment as a stone portrait in Rassilon's sepulchre.

I do wish they'd thrown a bigger bone when it came to the return of the Time Lords, though. If that was Rassilon, why had he gone mad? Was it all that time spent secluded in the Death Zone in his tower that drove him crazy, or was it the horrors of war? I do think he was pretty insane by this point -- willing to destroy all of time just so he and his race could ascend to some higher, more deified level.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back