• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade - The Lost Tales???

Would You Buy Crusade - The Lost Tales

• Definitely, Bring Back Gideon

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Hell no, Let the excalibur die with the rest of earth

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Edit: The suggestions from the TNT execs are among the stupidest things I have ever read in my life...do they give intelligence tests to their people to screen out those who score too high?

Erm yes they were the stupidest things imaginable. Which is probaby why the first 5 Crusade episodes filmed are without a doubt the best out of all 13, jus imagine what the show could have been, had TNT not interferred???

I would not disband TNT if I bought it but I would alter their programming. Since their execs were upset about B5 fans not sticking around to watch the other shows on TNT, I would put on other programs that would interest B5 fans even though it would most assuredly drive away TNT's other viewers :p

Make it a Warner Brothers Friendly Sci-Fi Channel. ;)

Edit: The suggestions from the TNT execs are among the stupidest things I have ever read in my life...do they give intelligence tests to their people to screen out those who score too high?

Well, we know that they were trying to be obnoxious, trying to get JMS & Co. to quit, so they (TNT) could get out of the contract.

From http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17127:
JMS: Well... the comics. The books (shared universe-Distant Worlds and the Quote Book) um...(Jan: DVDs.)

Oh! Yes, DVDs. Well, we've finished up the commentaries for the set of movies that are coming out. And we're working currently on the Crusade DVDs. The hiccup we have hit on the Crusade DVDs...And by the way, they're selling great. I've heard that they've netted - netted, mind you, over 70 million dollars just from the first three and a half seasons. (applause) When they said, do you want to do the Crusade commentaries, assuming of course that we get the rest of them (something), I said "Absolutely." (they said) What do you want to talk about?" JMS: "I want to say what happened." (they stutter) "What do you mean?" JMS: "The TRUTH!" I want to put the truth out there. We are now on our fourth (something) of Legal Affairs. "He wants to do what??" "The TRUTH!" I have another conference call scheduled on Thursday with Legal Affairs. We're running out of time for the DVDs. I said, "Look if I can't get the truth out, then I don't want to support the DVDs."

Audience: I can see some big-ass disclaimers over that one.

JMS: I want the real truth to come out. Including the fact...I ran into some guys who worked for TNT about two years after Crusade went down. And they said, "Did you ever hear the rest of the story?" JMS: "What rest of the story?" TNT guys: "We found out, we did a research survey, a five year long study of our ratings. This was just after Crusade got going. And, we found out that the audience for B5 came for B5, then left afterward. And the TNT regular viewers didn't stick around for B5 and went away and came back. B5 wasn't adding to our viewer base." So...they decided to pull the plug on Crusade for that reason and use the money to buy another show. But they couldn't say that because they'd be in breach of contract with Warner Bros. So their job was to make it impossible for us so they could then say, "We aren't getting the show we want, our notes aren't being dealt with, therefore we aren't responsible, we're canceling the show, this is your nut Warner Bros., you take care of it." That is why all the notes became so egregious. If I had given them everything they wanted, they still would have pulled the plug. They just wanted out. Yeah, I want that information out there. (Audience: We'll take care of that) On the DVDs. You all heard the tenor of the notes? (agreement, requests for JMS to tell some anyway) That's all right. Other questions... Yes, sir.

The last five episodes aired (first ones produced), are IMO the best episodes of the 13. Is this a general concensus or do others feel some of the later produced episodes are better. And secondly does anyone have a preferred episode order that eliminates some of the continuity issues (the nano-virus for example)

The last five episodes aired (first ones produced), are IMO the best episodes of the 13. Is this a general concensus or do others feel some of the later produced episodes are better.

Well, you could take a look at the poll results. The Path of Sorrows (Black Unifiorms) and The Well of Forever (Black Uniforms) both rate quite highly, and are two of my favorites.

And secondly does anyone have a preferred episode order that eliminates some of the continuity issues (the nano-virus for example)

Here's mine (which puts the virus screen episodes and the Lochley episodes in the correct order):

A Call to Arms

War Zone (Black Uniforms), Early January 2267.
Racing the Night (Gray Uniforms).
The Long Road (Black Uniforms). Early March 2267.
The Well of Forever (Black Uniforms).
The Path of Sorrows (Black Uniforms).
Appearances and Other Deceits (The transition from Black Uniforms to Gray Uniforms).
The Needs of Earth (Gray Uniforms).
The Memory of War (Gray Uniforms).
Visitors from Down the Street (Gray Uniforms). 5/13/2267 2:37PM EST
Ruling from the Tomb (Black Uniforms), Date shown is 6/15/2267,
Each Night I Dream of Home (Gray Uniforms).
Patterns of the Soul (Black Uniforms).
The Rules of the Game (Black Uniforms).

Except the polls aren't accurate are they? Or is it just the titles that switched around, but, not the voting data?

I don't think any of the voting data is messed up; until your post just now I haven't heard anyone mention it being that way, at least. Additionally, the Crusade episode polls were put up long after our switch to vBulletin, and it was that switch that messed up some of the previous poll titles.

I don't think any of the voting data is messed up; until your post just now I haven't heard anyone mention it being that way, at least. Additionally, the Crusade episode polls were put up long after our switch to vBulletin, and it was that switch that messed up some of the previous poll titles.

Ah, didn't realize the Crusade polls were after the upgrade.

Regarding the ones before the upgrade, I just wasn't sure if the entire poll moved around, or just the titles for them (it didn't make sense the title only moved around)

Sindatur said:
Regarding the ones before the upgrade, I just wasn't sure if the entire poll moved around, or just the titles for them (it didn't make sense the title only moved around)

I haven't seen anything myself, or read anyone else who's seen anything about the results being messed up with the polls (with the exception that polls that one had voted in before the transfer to vBulletin were now available for one to vote in again). I don't know anything about the technicalities behind why the poll titles got messed up, so it all doesn't make sense to me. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back