• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Broken DVD

Disk 5 in my Season 5 box appears to be broken. I just watched the first episode on it, and I had to skip through some scenes, and the whole thing was kind of jerky and annoying. I don't remember having problems with it before. I last watched it a little over 2 years ago (I think) and it's been in the box since then, so I'm not sure what happened, either.

It appears I didn't buy this particular season from Amazon, which means I must have gotten it from a local Barnes and Noble or something like that. I'm honestly not sure where I bought it, it was a while ago.

Has anyone had any luck getting a replacement disk from Warner Brothers? I am planning on trying that first ...

Well, their mothers always said if they can't say anything nice then they shouldn't say anything at all.

If it's still a problem you might want to try ripping the disc and reburning it. The PC could probably read the disk slowly enough to get a good read without the stuttering you would notice while trying to watch it live.

Ah, I haven't tried it yet. I'm currently watching Season 1, so I haven't felt a pressing need to try to fix a Season 5 disk. I will report back once I do try.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back