• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Most memorable moments, for you

dreamer

To me, the show has more great moments than most of other series combined.

What're yours?
One of my absolute favourites is in the episode The long, twilight struggle, on the 2nd season. Draal contacts the station and causes interference in the electronics, we have lt. Corwin saying that they were afraid that something like this would happen.

Then Corwin hails Ivanova over the comms and we move from C&C into someone's quarters.

First thing you hear is running water from a shower. Then there's a really up-beat and light music. Because Ivanova was hinted before, you'd expect we'd find her in the shower. Back then (and even now a little) as a strapping young lad I went "yeaah!" in my head over the prospect of seeing her in the shower.

I don't recall how disapointed I was when it became clear that it's not her. It's Sheridan. Nowadays this makes me smile like crazy. I don't know whether they did this thing on purpose or what, but it's really ingenious and hilarious :)

To me, the show has more great moments than most of other series combined.

What're yours?

There are so very many great moments that it's hard to choose just one.

In no particular order:
  • War Without End - Part 2: Sinclair watching Garibaldi leave Babylon 4. As the ships carrying the Babylon 4 crew and the other Sinclair and Garibaldi leave the station, Sinclair, just leaving the station's core, stands on the outside of the station and activates his communicator, to try to deliver one last message. "Babylon 4 to Garibaldi, Babylon 4 to shuttle one. Garibaldi, do you read me? Watch your back, Michael. Watch your back." and Sinclair, inside the airlock, removes the headpiece from his own space suit. "I tried," he says. "I tried to warn them. But it all happened... just the way I remember it."
  • The War Prayer Londo telling Vir the story about how his shoes are too tight. "'My shoes are too tight,'" says Londo, sadly, in response. "Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, 'My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.' I never understood what that meant until now. *My* shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance."
  • In the Beginning: The Earth President asking for volunteers for the Battle of the Line. Also Londo's voice over: "The humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life I have never seen anything like it. They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones... and they would throw themselves, without any fear or hesitation, on the very face of Death itself, never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives, and sticks, and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes, at the end."
  • The Long Twilight Struggle: As G'Kar prays fervently, the Narn ships come out of hyperspace above Gorash 7 and are destroyed in battle. G'Kar, sensing the outcome somehow, grimly ceases his prayer.
  • Severed Dreams: Delenn (on the Whitestar, and with several Minbari cruisers) telling Clark's Earthforce ships to withdraw (from Babylon 5) or be destroyed.
    Delenn: "This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, .. or be destroyed."
    Earthforce Captain: "Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."
    Delenn: "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
  • Voices of Authority: Ivanova telling Sheridan: "Good luck, Captain. I think you're about to go where everyone has gone before."
  • The Fall of Centauri Prime: The montage of shots showing Londo's tragic progression from 2258 to 2261, and his walk among fallen statutes and debris to the Centaurum, to be officially named Emperor of the Centauri Republic.
  • Objects at Rest: the salute scene when the Whitestar leaves Babylon 5.
  • Sleeping in Light: all of it.

Kosh coming to Sheridan's rescue in "Fall of Night" -- and then again, in sort of the mirror image, in "Z'ha'dum."

Also, Kosh visiting Turhan in "The Coming of Shadows."

But the episode with the deepest emotional resonance for me... one of the first I saw, and the one with the most impact... "Comes the Inquisitor."

I'm embarrassed to say I'd have to look up the titles of most of my favorites, but I'm sure they will be recognized:

The Agamemnon breaking through the debris/explosion cloud in the final confrontation with Earth. (Endgame, of course)

Sheridan experiencing a 'moment of perfect beauty.

Several with Sheridan on Za'Ha Dum, and his appearance when he returns.

When Turhan is marching with his retinue, just before he drops.

In And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place, when Lord Refa is killed.

And many more, including several already mentioned.

Just about all of Severed Dreams, and Endgame had the adrenalin flowing... :D

Last edited:
Aww, I wanted to point out the montage of Londo's progression... There was something so incredibly smart about that scene, because it wasn't only the montage of Londo's life in the past 4 years, but of our lives as viewers... The nostalgie Londo feels all of the sudden took me by surprise and made me feel really nostalgic as well. Especially the shot where Londo is crawling on the table drunk... All of the sudden, in retrospect, Londo understands he had moments of happiness after all. Amazing sequence, one of my all time favorites.

Also, -"You wanna be president?" - "Yeah!" -"Put your hand on the book and say, 'I do'" -"I do" -"Fine. Done. Let's eat" :D

Sheridan's scheming in the episode Rumors, bargains and lies has always pleased me to no end. Zack's expressions when Sheridan goes bonkers in the mess hall are priceless. Additionally, the minbari plot similarly displays what can happen when you're not given all the facts but left guessing.

Best humour episode in the show!

Aww, I wanted to point out the montage of Londo's progression... There was something so incredibly smart about that scene, because it wasn't only the montage of Londo's life in the past 4 years, but of our lives as viewers... The nostalgie Londo feels all of the sudden took me by surprise and made me feel really nostalgic as well. Especially the shot where Londo is crawling on the table drunk... All of the sudden, in retrospect, Londo understands he had moments of happiness after all.

...and that those moments were behind him. The music also fit the montage scene perfectly.

One of my favourite moments is when G'kar writes the Book of G'kar, and we see him scribbling it in the cel. That's a big scene for me. The non-formulaic music with a religious overtone underlines the magnitude of the event quite nicely. I really wish Franke would've brought his music more up and front in the first seasons.

all my absolute favourites have already been mentioned, especially the last half hour or so of "In The Beginning", personally i feel that was the best moment in B5 and quite possibly the best thing ever shown on television.

Marcus invoking Den'Shaa(sp?) with Neroon was incredible too, and the scene following that at the ceremony, but the best part of that is Neroon talking to marcus in medbay "death there was, but the death was mine" incredible.

some times i fire up my DVD's just to watch those 2 sections and nothing else, that's how good they are.

One of the best moments, for me, was G'Kar's speech about freedom in The Long, Twilight Strugge after the Narn surrender to the Centauri. It still gives me goosebumps when I watch it...

I watched Endgame and Rising Star last night. I haven't seen either ep in a long while, and I still got all teary-eyed and goosebumpy while watching them!

The final scenes from "Z'ha'Dum when the White Star is coming down on the Shadow city armed with nuclear warheads set to detonate with the intercut between Anna and the Shadows advancing on Sheridan and Sheridan's jump at Kosh's urging- and Sheridan's recorded message to Delenn and the anguish on her face as she knows where he is and what he is doing. Oh, and G'Kar's closing monologue at the end was incredible as well. This episode alone made me finally want to start collecting and watching the series. Possibly one of the best episodes of Sci-Fi TV EVER for me!

Last edited:
The final scenes from "Z'ha'Dum when the White Star is coming down on the Shadow city armed with nuclear warheads set to detonate with the intercut between Anna and the Shadows advancing on Sheridan and Sheridan's jump at Kosh's urging- and Sheridan's recorded message to Delenn and the anguish on her face as she knows where he is and what he is doing. Oh, and G'Kar's closing monologue at the end was incredible as well. This episode alone made me finally want to start collecting and watching the series. Possibly one of the best episodes of Sci-Fi TV EVER for me!

Good choice. As I read your post, I could see and hear the scenes in my memory.

G'Kar bopped the head of a zealot of religion that he supposedly founded, for daring to argue with him by using verses from his book. Somehow make me imagine of what Jesus or Mohammed will do to some of their followers.

The end of Chrysalis, when Sinclair says "Nothing is the same anymore." And that was the moment it hit how nothing was the same on this show! Welcome to Babylon 5 kids!

Marcas' line "Oh, my god... a Minbari not born of Minbari".

all the way to "I am called Valen, and I bring this place to you as a gift; come with me, there is much to be done"

Paraphrasing here, since it's quicker and drives the real hard-core B5-fans nuts. :thumbsup:

Sometimes B5 feels like a sequence of memorable moments. There is the memorable moment, what leads to it, and what comes from it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back