• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

No don't smoke. If you do you won't live to see the rest of the amazing story.

Well...I nearly went through an entire jar of dry-roasted peanuts....but...WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!

I have never seen such powerful stuff!!

Right now I am rather speechless....but to watch B5 in open rebellion against earth; to see the Narn as security guards; to know that Mollari will be emperor...and Vir, too; to watch Delenn in open confrontation with the Gray Council; to see her defy earth forces; to witness the totalitarianism of the Clark administration....

HOLY COWZARINO!!!!!!

What an imagination JMS has!!!

I just watched that ep again last night. :D

to know that Mollari will be emperor
Now that you have that piece:
Under the heading of "hiding in plain sight" .....

You could always go back and look closely at Londo's death dream way back in Midnight on the Firing Line (S1 Ep 1). What's Londo wearing? And who is the only other person that we have seen wearing that outfit since then? (During S2)

(This is just one example of the kind of thing that leads to people occasionally saying that S1 can be more fun to watch the second time around ... after you've seen the rest of the series.)

What an imagination JMS has!!!
Not too bad at planning ahead, either.

That same outfit was also worn by someone else near the end of season one ;)

This is where it started to get really interesting for me.Although that 3 parter was excellent I feel the that the serias went up a notch from this point on.This is where you stop being a fan and become an addict.Do you want to go on?

As addictions go,it's not a bad one :D

This is where it started to get really interesting for me.Although that 3 parter was excellent I feel the that the serias went up a notch from this point on.This is where you stop being a fan and become an addict.Do you want to go on?

As addictions go,it's not a bad one :D

I agree completely! I was always looking forward to the next episode, but from this point on, I was DESPERATE for the next episode! :p

I am already addicted. It's like having sex...once you start, you can never get enough.

I'll be gone for the weekend, but I'll be back by Tuesday...to watch more...and more....and MORE!!!!

Now you can be told:

Whenever you are at a science fiction convention, just say aloud, "This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. This place is under our protection."

I will all but guarantee that someone nearby will finish the speech for you.... "Only one Human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet....."

Now you can be told:

Whenever you are at a science fiction convention, just say aloud, "This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. This place is under our protection."

I will all but guarantee that someone nearby will finish the speech for you.... "Only one Human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet....."

And this was the quote/speech I alluded to in my earlier post that is my favorite of Delenn's.

I love that particular scene in that even Clark's picked captains are not stupid enough to challenge the Minbari. It shows that even their foolishness has its limits.

I think the "be somewhere else" is the diplomatic way to tell someone to get the hell out before you kick the crap out of them...but it is my favorite part of that great bit of dialogue.

Have you watched any eps past the trilogy of fantastic ones?

Watched the next two last night..."Ceremonies of Light and Dark" and "Sic Transit Vir."

In "Ceremonies...", I cried when they each brought their uniforms to Delenn and told her something they never told anyone. Very revealing! I knew Sheridan had fallen for Delenn; I pretty well knew about Garibaldi being afraid all the time; I knew about Franklin's problem with stims; but I was a bit surprised about Ivanova loving Talia...although I should have known it; it was obvious is retrospect.

In "Hic...", I loved Vir's secret passion (saving Narns); his 'wife' is a real psycho, though...poor guy. I must have missed something, however. They didn't kill that Narn who was tied up, did they? I didn't have time to replay that part.

This series continues its quality and depth. I AM addicted!!!

They didn't kill that Narn who was tied up, did they? I didn't have time to replay that part.

Some JMS comments from right after the episode originally aired:

'I could've *sworn* there was a line there about the Narn recovering; I'm going to have to check this. I hope I didn't accidentally cut it for time while doing something else. (It was a LONG editing session.)'

[He later confirmed this]

'It was in the observation dome scene with Ivanova; I realized that we'd cut a small piece for time that was expendable, but in the back and forth went one line too far without realizing it. Sigh....'

'The only line was that "the Narn is recovering in Medlab," something to that effect. Sigh.... '

[But he also thought the story was clear enough on this point even without the line]

'Basically, after seeing what he's done for the Narns, and knowing who Vir is all this time, and seeing his reaction of horror to what Lyndisty was suggesting, anybody who thinks he offed the Narn isn't paying attention.'

By the way, if you have a chance to see or read one of JMS's favorite plays (and mine), Christopher Fry's The Lady's Not for Burning you'll catch stylistic echoes (the subject matter is utterly different) and meet a character who I suspect was the inspiration for Lyndisty - as viewed by JMS through a funhouse mirror while hanging upside down by his ankes. :)

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

It is "Sic Transit Vir", not "Hic" - which rather makes it sound like he was drunk for the entire episode. ;) The title is a Latin pun on a number of levels since Vir is also one of several Latin words for "Man", the source of our "virile" among others. JMS again:

'Yes, it's sort of a double pun in that respect...thus passes the man, which can have many meanings, also entering manhood, or dying, or going away, or the more Vir transitioning, or going...lots of variations.

It's accurate as far as it goes, and a pun on another level.'

Thanks, Joe.

I didn't think that Vir could ever kill the Narn; but his 'wifey' certainly could have. I was hoping that wasn't the case. It wasn't...happily so.

Also, you're right about it being 'sic' not 'hic.' 'Hic' means 'here' in Latin, which is why...in my total exhaustion last night, would have been all right. Nevertheless, you ARE correct, oh, wise one!!!

:p

That was a great episode. I like his 'wife' at first; then she turned out to be a prime sadist. Yikes!!! Poor Vir!

There are so many reasons to love Vir! He has such a big heart! :D Our little "Flounder" is all grown up!

These characters, because they are both so well written and so well portrayed, sweep you up and take you on this journey with them. If they feel pain, I feel pain. When they hold their breath, I hold mine. It just amazes me how they've captivated me, and it doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, :cool: the feeling is always the same!

True! I've seen each B5 ep more than I can count, but it still holds that same magic for me every time I watch it. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back