• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Call to Arms: Fighting for the original cast

Favorite recurring character: All seasons

• Yes, I have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I haven't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: A Call to Arms: Fighting for the original cas

What's the big harm in doing this? Even if everything turns out to be BS (which it wont) theres still no harm in writing.

Perhaps they are extremely self-conscious (selfish), have an inflated estimate of their own level of importance and prestige, and are deathly afraid of looking foolish?

However if everything is true there is great harm in doing nothing...

And that's why it's such an easy decision (for me).

So, I will most likely see this in the theater (if they don't recast all of the parts, that is). I'll almost certainly go with a friend. It's theoretically possible two more of our friends will join us. It isnt' impossible that a couple more might decide to tag along...

So was it unethical to send in 6 of the tickets? :D

I really hope I'm not too late, it has been a busy week for me at work. 8-3pm with literally no break except when I kicked people out of my office so I could eat my sandwich for half an hour.

EDIT: actually, I won't send it off until tomorrow, it looks like. Need stamps. So should I just enclose one of the B5 bucks, or as I suggested, 6 of them to indicate either possible extra friends tagging along, or even possible repeat visits?

6 of them to indicate either possible extra friends tagging along, or even possible repeat visits?
Yes. If you're going to take them or re-watch then do it. And fulfill the promise when the movie comes out. :)

So should I just enclose one of the B5 bucks, or as I suggested, 6 of them to indicate either possible extra friends tagging along, or even possible repeat visits?

6 of them

I know Bruce Boxleitner is now in the new PAX show Young Blades with the first season being a full 22 episodes. If our efforts work and B5:TMoS is not re-cast, will Young Blades interfere with chances of BB playing Sheridan, or do you think he'll be able to still do both?

So in other words, you're telling us that you're a real @#$%! Or, rather, that you're the equivalent of six @#%$@s. Remind me not to piss you off. :)

Regards,

Joe
Not at all. Just couldn't resist the idea of some not so subtle humor.

So in other words, you're telling us that you're a real @#$%! Or, rather, that you're the equivalent of six @#%$@s. Remind me not to piss you off. :)

Regards,

Joe
Not at all. Just couldn't resist the idea of some not so subtle humor.

Didn't you have the avatar of a closeup of one of Londo's actual "attributes" (when he was trying to cheat at cards)?

I know Bruce Boxleitner is now in the new PAX show Young Blades with the first season being a full 22 episodes. If our efforts work and B5:TMoS is not re-cast, will Young Blades interfere with chances of BB playing Sheridan, or do you think he'll be able to still do both?

The short answer, of course, is "nobody knows". It depends entirely on the schedules and demands of the two projects. The only thing I can say for sure is that doing the TV series would not, in and of itself, categorically rule out Boxleitner's appearance in the feature film. Especially given modern film technology. :)

The other thing it comes down to is the nature of his work in both projects.

Let's face it, if Boxleitner's only scene(s) in TMoS is where the President of the IA makes a speech on TV, or where Delenn or G'Kar place a StallarCom call to him from Babylon 5, his part can be shot anywhere. Fly the wardrobe (just the shirt and jacket :)) to where he's filming Young Blades, adjust hair and makeup, stick the right background behind him (or shoot him against a blue screen and stick the background in later) and you're done.

If he's got a bigger part in TMoS or has to interact with others in the cast, the nature of his Young Blades role may still make that possible. As we all know from B5, being listed in the opening credits does not mean you actually appear in every episode - especially in an esemble series. The title alone suggests that Young Blades will focus mostly on the Musketeers played by its young stars, and less on characters like Boxleitner's Capt. Duval, an instructor at the Musketeer military academy and mentor/father figure to the orphaned D'Artagnan (son of the famous one.) If the producers are ammenable it should be easy enough for them to either write Duval out for a few episodes, shoot some previously scheduled non-Duval episodes in a block while he's away, or shoot a bunch of Duval/D'Artagnan scenes from several episodes at one time and edit them in.

The first episode of the show airs on Sunday, by the way, which suggests they've been shooting for awhile.

Finally there are the intangibles. How much could your show be helped by one of your regulars doing a feature film? There's a whole "little show that could" angle to the B5 story that I think the Warner Bros. marketing department could exploit to get a litte more than routine publicity for the opening of TMoS. (At least in the unlikely event that someone over there grows a brain between now and when the film is due to be released.) PAX and the producers would probably quite happy to have Bruce appearing on at least a few daytime talk shows and local happy talk news broadcasts around the country plugging a major studio release and also mentioning the he can be seen every week in Young Guns on your local PAX affiliate.

But like I said, it is all contingent on a million factors of which we have no knowledge at all, so it isn't the kind of thing you can reasonably set odds on.

Regards,

Joe

BB is also somewhere in Arizona filming a made for TV movie right now. So Anything is possible as far as him being available for TMoS. :D

I found something interesting about BB's Young Blades appearance. Someone mentioned he's sporting a goatee. He hated the goatee, not as much as the full beard, but he did hate it. But Sheridan would have one. Could he be waiting for the phone call as we speak.

But Sheridan would have one. Could he be waiting for the phone call as we speak.

Maybe he's just wearing a goatee at the behest of the producers of Young Blades who think it is an appropriate look for a 17th century Captain of His Majesty's Musketeers. That certainly makes more sense makes more sense then the idea that he's grown a goatee he hated in January in the mere hope that he's going to need one for a film that starts shooting in April. Especially if he's shooting the Musketeers role in the interim.

Really guys, there is such a thing as reading too much into every little scrap of information. :) Let's try to lighten up or we'll all go nuts long before we learn what is happening with TMoS. :D

Regards,

Joe

Let's try to lighten up or we'll all go nuts long before we learn what is happening with TMoS.

Well, speaking for myself....too late. Way too late. :p

(they're coming to take me away, ha-ha. They're coming to take me away, ho-ho-hee-hee-ha-ha...)

Jan

But Sheridan would have one. Could he be waiting for the phone call as we speak.

Maybe he's just wearing a goatee at the behest of the producers of Young Blades who think it is an appropriate look for a 17th century Captain of His Majesty's Musketeers.

Not only that, but if you go to BB's Bio Page at PAX's Young Blades page, you'll see BB has the bushy-thing-under-the-lower-lip-only kind of goatee. It's not the full, all-the-way-around-the-mouth-and-chin type of goatee like Sheridan had in Call to Arms. (Sorry, I'm obviously not up on my facial hair terms.) ;)

Back