• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hancock (Spoilers)

Cell

Regular
Hancock was a very good movie. The biggest complaint seems to be that people were expecting a fluffy, funny, summer movie, and that's not what Hancock is at all. From the very start it's completely different than any superhero movie done yet because the hero doesn't want to be a hero at all. The main villain of the movie is Hancock himself as he battles to overcome his own deficiencies and be a better person and hero. The effects were good, the story was good, the acting was very good, there were plenty of nifty moments where he used his powers in ways that aren't the comic book norm, there were only a few minor problems with the plot. A very good movie.

I think the twist in the middle was a little stupid but I liked the ending. The writers should of worked on the scipt a little more.

When I first saw a teaser, I thought the movie might by kinda different, might be worth a look. But now it's getting smashed left and right in the press. I may catch this on TV or DVD or something down the line. My problem is I really don't like Will Smith.

I'm seeing it Thursday, but my standards will be much lower than most folks. The last movie I saw in the theater was probably the second "Pirates of the Carribean" movie. But I need to get used to being out and about since I've been pretty much in seclusion since laast November. Since I need to get to the mall in that town (where the movie theater is) I thought "why not?".

My main reason for picking this movie: it seems light and "easy", and it's not too long. :LOL: I'm sure it'll be good enough for me. :)

:)

I literally couldn't believe my eyes at first when I saw adds for "Snakes on a Plane". I wondered briefly if I'd stumbled upon a comedy show with fake commercials (like Saturday Night Live used to do/does). :wtf:

I'll have to wait until Monday to see it, if the weather permits. We suddenly got our monsoon summer rainstorms yesterday, so it seemed wise to avoid travelling on the highway, or at all in fact. I"m not worried, it will still be in the theaters on Monday.

I think the original title for Hancock was "At Night He Comes". Since this isn't the NC-17 forum, I won't go into what jokes we can make about that title.

I saw the movie today and it was ok, not great but just OK. It was what I had expected.

As for Snakes on a Plane, isn't there now one about Zombies on a plane? And a made for tv movie about spiders on a train? I think this is an entirely new genre they have started.

I liked it, a lot. :)

I needed a shorter movie to get into this summer, since sitting for two-and-a-half hours (plus) just isn't going to be easy for me. And I really just wanted a "fun" movie, with not-horrible acting and a decent enough plot. I got all three, though I can see it was just a cornball movie. It was perfect for what I wanted, and I'm very glad I saw it.

Jesus christ, though, next time I'm bringing EARPLUGS!!! :eek: I think was was legally deaf after the "Dark Knight" preview. Man, is that really NECESSARY? Answer me! What? I can't hear you!

:confused::rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Back