• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Incredible Hulk

Cell

Regular
I went to see this yesterday, and I enjoyed The Hulk a lot. It was a good movie, very good even, but I don't feel it was on the level of Iron Man as far as being the best movie released so far this year. Norton was good, so was Tyler in a very limited role. Ross was far too one dimensional for my liking, but Blonsky was not so that was good. The CGI was good throughout and all the battle scenes were really, really good.

However certain things about the movie did bug me. The story was thin, paper thin in fact. The fact that the action aspect was so great is all that really propels the movie because forced to stand on its own with the story the movie would fall on its face. There were far too many coincidental moments, Betty just happens to find Bruce walking on the right road in a city that huge, etc.. Ross being the one to go into the cryo vault and retrieve the serum was completely unbelievable. In no situation whatsoever would he be the one doing that, a med tech or lab technician would because Ross is a soldier, not a dude that handles cryogenically frozen vials. There were other smaller things that bugged me, but in general there wasn't anything major. That's why I still view it as a very good flick and one that is well worth seeing. Although personally I can't wait to see the Director's Cut on DVD with the over 75 minutes of cut footage restored (well, at least some of the essential story elements restored.)

Actually I didn't have any problem with Lee's Hulk. I don't think it was great, but it wasn't bad like so many want to think. It did something daring and took a completely new look at an old character. It had its strengths and weaknesses, but all in all it was a movie that I enjoyed. I'd say it's on par with the new Hulk in my book.

Daring nothing it sucked . Eric Bana was the wrong choice for the David Banner and whole His father was mad scientist and experimented on him, that was just bad. Why could not lee have just followed the original concept? instead of giving this us this so called rre imagined piece of crap. The worst bit was The Hulks battle with the CGI Doggies, that was a waist of time.

I disagree, I had no problem at all with the reimagining. I have no problem at all any time any movie strays from the source material because it is a story being told in a different medium and is not the actual source material itself. The movie had its flaws, but I don't find it to be a bad movie by any means.

He had the entire Hulk comic mythology to draw from and he chucked it away for this? Oh please. The film bombed at the box office for a very good reason the Hardcore hulk fans stayed away as did the non fans. Lee and the Movie company took a sure thing ruined it for them selves. Why do suppose Ang lee was invited back for sequel or any other comic book movie for that matter?

Last edited:
Cell like the Starship Troopers argument we had this boils down to being a matter of opinion and I don't think anything is going to be settled on this one.:(

He had the entire Hulk comic mythology to draw from and he chucked it away for this? Oh please. The film bombed at the box office for a very good reason the Hardcore hulk fans stayed away as did the non fans. Lee and the Movie company took a sure thing ruined it for them selves. Why do suppose Ang lee was invited back for sequel or any other comic book movie for that matter?

The movie didn't bomb, and actually the current Hulk is on pace to only make marginally more than Lee's version did. The Hulk, as Lee's movie and this one have proven, is not a sure thing in any way outside of the comics medium. Heck, the Hulk isn't even a sure thing in the comics medium, he's always been a fringe character that has his following but has never approached the fanfare or numbers of the bigger heroes/villains. As for Lee not being brought back, who knows. There are plenty of movies where I question why directors or writers were not brought back or why certain ones were.

The Hulk did not stay to long in the box office. there were not a lot of people in the theater watching it with me , I saw on its second week out.

The Hulk did not stay to long in the box office. there were not a lot of people in the theater watching it with me , I saw on its second week out.

Pretty much, i went to see it yesterday and there were a grand total of three of us in the theater. The Hulk will make decent money but it will never make the type of money that other franchises from Marvel will.

So this ones not burning up the box office either? It got decent critical review but that doesn't seem to be a factor here. Oh well.

I liked the Lee one, I liked this one. But Hulk with never capture the public's imagination. Good to see Tony Stark at the end though.

Ignore Recoil, he just jealous 'cause he's not getting any ;)

I liked the Ang Lee one too. The comic book transitions were really cool, Bana did a good job as Bruce. My main issue was with Nolte.

I never saw the Ang Lee one but I did see this new one. I enjoyed it. I never read that much of the Hulk so I had no basis as to how true it was to the comics. I've heard that it remained fairly loyal to it. I didn't go in expecting a great movie by any means but I didn't really have any problems with it. There were a few things that seemed too coincidental. I'll probably end up with the DVD.

Back