• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Aliens on Earth during Clark's reign

Cell

Regular
Something I thought of while reading B5: Clark's Law earlier today, what if any actions do you think the Clark empowered Earth took against Aliens living on Earth?

The first option is that they did nothing overtly with them, and this strikes me as the most likely option. For as anti-Alien as Clark was I don't think he or his forces were willing to all of a sudden have to deal with waging a war against the Centauri or Minbari again because they found out that Earth were mistreating their citizens living on planet.

Option number two would be that there as a mass exodus of aliens off the planet once they realized what the new regime was really about combined with Clark's forces removing as many of the aliens as were left as they could. I think the first part of this option is very plausible because it would be natural for many aliens to leave if they thought they were in danger. The second part would only work if done in an overt fashion for the same reasons I listed in option 1.

Another option would be that Clark didn't care about the aliens races and so he went into full on concentration camp mode. Detaining any and all aliens and killing or mistreating all of them. I don't personally believe in this option because a I stated not even Clark was dumb enough to try and enrage numerous Alien factions into possibly declaring war on Earth. (I realize they eventually kind of did this, but that was a result of Sheridan's rallying call as opposed to any direct actions by Clark towards alien citizens on planet)

Thoughts?

It's possible that Clarke allowed covertly backed organisations like the Home Guard, to carry on with their agenda.

He could have turned a blind eye politically whilst using propaganda to lie to the alien governments and say that any crimes carried out againbst their citizens were not originated by the state and that Earthgov was doing everything in it's power to apprehend the terrorists.

It's possible that Clarke allowed covertly backed organisations like the Home Guard, to carry on with their agenda.

He could have turned a blind eye politically whilst using propaganda to lie to the alien governments and say that any crimes carried out againbst their citizens were not originated by the state and that Earthgov was doing everything in it's power to apprehend the terrorists.

I agree. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back